Mavic Air 2 gimbal sets 10 deg up - 40002 and 40003
3138 3 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aka_hoover
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32011 ft
United Kingdom

I have had my mavic air 2 for 3 months and flown it multiple times totalling 3.7 hours of flight time with no issues. A fault has suddenly developed whereby on start up the camera gimbal goes through its normal routine but the Camera ends up locked in a 10° upwards position and cannot be manoeuvered or calibrated.

Model number: MA2UE5W

Actions taken:
I have downloaded and updated the most recent somewhere but that has made no difference
I can confirm that the gimbal cover is off and the rotor arms are fully extended and that the camera otherwise can move freely.

I have attached a photo of the screen error message that I receive - a 40002 and a 40003 error

All advice welcomed

Screen shot of error

Screen shot of error
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the trouble with Mavic Air 2, please refer to the following steps for troubleshooting.
1) Please refresh the aircraft firmware to the latest firmware;
2) Please check when the aircraft is placed on the level ground, whether the gimbal is uneven or if the gimbal obstructed by anything.
3) Please double-check whether the gimbal vibration-absorbing damper or the gimbal axis were damaged.
4) Did you attach a third-party filter? If yes, please remove it, Mavic Air 2's gimbal does not support the installation of third-party filter accessories.
5) Please calibrate the IMU and the gimbal in DJI Fly APP.
6) Please remove the SD card and try again.

If there is still no luck, the drone will need to be sent back for an evaluation.
2020-10-5
Use props
aka_hoover
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32011 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks DJI Mindy

To confirm:
1) firmware updated
2) gimbal clear and free to move - it fully rotates and flips up/down on startup - Then just sets pointing up
3) no sign of damage to gimbal vibration-absorbing damper or the gimbal axis
4) no third-party filter used.
5) IMU recalibrated - gimbal will not calibrate (sticks at 10%).
6) SD card removed - no change.

☹️

I guess I need to send it back - is there a UK location to send it to?
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

aka_hoover Posted at 10-5 04:50
Thanks DJI Mindy

To confirm:

The official repair center locates in the Netherlands, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send back with the shipping label we provide (if you are qualified for it), our repair center will help get it solved.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules