XT2: Abnormal Video Output
854 1 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chisago116
lvl.1
United States

I'm wondering if anyone has advice on how to deal with this or has had a similiar problem with the XT2, because I am beyond frustrated.

I purchased this camera for our sheriff's office in 2019 along with the M210 in the summer of 2019. In the fall we started having problems with the XT2. We would get a blacked out screen on our display. I sent the camera into DJI and after 6 weeks of DJI and FLIR looking at it, they said it was a problem gimbal somewhere. We got it back without a charge for the repair.

We have used it about 6 times since getting it back. Two months ago, I started seeing gray bars across the screen while using the camera (see picture). I sent it back in, and DJI sent it to FLIR again. I received an email 3 weeks later saying I had to pay $1600 in repair, without any further description as to what the problem was, other than "abnormal video output."

I called DJI and spoke with a rep who said I had to pay for it since it was outside the year warranty. He refused to budge at all on it or let me try and talk to someone else. We have used this camera minimally and have had problems from the beginning, but yet they say it is our problem to pay for it.

Their customer service has been so minimal in keeping me updated on the progress of repairs or nature of the problem. We've had several calls now where we could have used the XT2 for officer safety issues on high risk calls, but don't have it because it is sitting in a building somewhere waiting for us to pay $1600.
XT2 (2).jpeg
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi chisago116, we are sorry that the warranty service was not provided in your case, your concern will be escalated to the appropriate team to double-check, please keep an eye on the update of the case.
2020-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules