Smart Controller, Not Impressed. Returning...
567 4 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227854 ft
United States

So I bought the smart controller when it started supporting the Air 2 and have been trying it out.  Not impressed.  Other than conveinence, it didn't really buy me much for the price, especially since it basically cost as much as the Air 2 itself.  The connectivity range is not as good as the standard remote.  I was really disappointed in the range.  The fly app version is 2 versions behind.  Looks like I'd be at the mercy of DJI updating the firmware of the SC to get the latest fly app as I can't just upgrade over it.  Honestly, I think I'm better off buying a phone to use as a dedicated screen.  At least with a phone, I have a backup that's useful for something else.
2020-10-5
Use props
Airmaxx23
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436824 ft
United States

I'm hoping they come out with a newer version with a larger screen, I can't justify spending that much for something with a smaller screen than my phone. A 7 or 8 inch tablet with an anti-glare screen protector works great with the stock controller and a 3D printed mount.
2020-10-5
Use props
Bulldog_Fan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 227854 ft
United States

Well, saw another post on the forum on how to update the dji fly app and was able to do it successfully.  Going to see if there are any improvements to change my mind in keeping the SC.
2020-10-5
Use props
djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1109 ft
United States

I just received my SC yesterday to use with my MA2.  I tried it today and I was getting signal loss at 1/2 the distances than the original controller.   I'll try it one more time but I think I'll be returning mine also.
2020-11-1
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

djiuser_q5iaj9hCKj59 Posted at 11-1 10:55
I just received my SC yesterday to use with my MA2.  I tried it today and I was getting signal loss at 1/2 the distances than the original controller.   I'll try it one more time but I think I'll be returning mine also.

I have updated my Smart Controller to version of DJI FLY to 1.1.10 manually and works just fine.
I also have better signal  than I had before. Its strange that your signal is less
2020-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules