Is this a DJI Fly bug?
974 14 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 95492 ft
United States

I typically fly my Mini with most of the screen showing the camera view and a small window with the map.  One of the new features of DJI Fly 1.1.8, I believe, was the addition of the remaining memory on the memory card.  That's fine.  It looks like that feature remains in 1.1.9.  But now, when I bring up the small map screen, this new data overlays right on top of the distance and speed information (kind of important info when flying, if you asked me).  Do others see this as well?  I would call this a bug as there's no way DJI would want the information to be on top of each other and be obscured.  Does anyone know a way of turning off the new memory capacity info on the screen?  

Does anyone know how to revert the DJI Fly app to a previous version (1.1.6?) so I can see distance and speed until DJI fixes this?  I use the IOS version.

I opened a ticket with DJI support but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks so much

Under 1.1.9

Under 1.1.9

How it used to look

How it used to look

2020-10-5
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

hasn't happened to me. what phone are u using?
2020-10-5
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
United States

amir_KING Posted at 10-5 08:28
hasn't happened to me. what phone are u using?

Iphone 6S.  So, when your screen is mainly the camera view and you have a small window with the map, what do you see at the bottom?  Do you still see them SD card data and it doesn't overlap the speed and distance data?  Can you attach a screen shot?

Thanks!
2020-10-5
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Art Vandelay Posted at 10-5 08:40
Iphone 6S.  So, when your screen is mainly the camera view and you have a small window with the map, what do you see at the bottom?  Do you still see them SD card data and it doesn't overlap the speed and distance data?  Can you attach a screen shot?

Thanks!

Yep! Next time i fly, ill take one. Im using a Samsung s9+. Maybe ios issue,?
2020-10-5
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Looks fine on my Motorola g7 Power with DJI Fly version 1.1.9

OK, ignore the mess where I took the screen capture...
2020-10-5
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
United States

K6CCC Posted at 10-5 09:36
Looks fine on my Motorola g7 Power with DJI Fly version 1.1.9

[view_image]

Thanks a lot.  So, it seems tied to the screen size of the phone, I guess.  
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Art Vandelay. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2020-10-6
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-6 21:10
Hello there Art Vandelay. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for your reply.  I tried 1.1.9 on both an iphone 6S (my main mobile device) and an iphone 6 (my old backup device).  They both expose this bug where the distance and speed are obscured by the memory card data.  I do not have any other mobile devices.  I'm comforted that DJI supports the iphone 6S so I know you will fix it somehow.  Below is a picture of the issue as seen on my iPhone 6.  I sent all of these photos to Xaza during my chat support session.  Ticket number 3089363.  

My theory is that the screen size on the 6 and 6S isn't big enough to accommodate the additional memory card info.  My preference is that you make the memory card data optional (add a setting to turn it off/on).

Thanks and I look forward to updates on this issue.
2020-10-7
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

i have compared the specs between phones , and indeed the Iphone 6s screen resolution is not smaller but different ..     
1334 pixels versus 1570 pixels .. but the image on the Iphone 6s is taller by 30 pixels ;)

Iphone 6s       : 750 x 1334 pixels, 16:9 ratio (~326 ppi density)
Moto G7 Pwr : 720 x 1570 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~279 ppi density)
2020-10-7
Use props
Ruzhye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795640 ft
United States

I haven't noticed this on an iPhone 7 plus, but I might have a 6S I could try to see if I'm seeing it as well.
2020-10-7
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
United States

Flaming Posted at 10-7 06:28
i have compared the specs between phones , and indeed the Iphone 6s screen resolution is not smaller but different ..     
1334 pixels versus 1570 pixels .. but the image on the Iphone 6s is taller by 30 pixels ;)

Interesting.  Thanks for that research.  Do you have a guess what the cause of the issue might be?  I tried lowering my font size in my iphone settings to the lowest possible but it didn't help.  

Thanks
2020-10-7
Use props
Art Vandelay
Second Officer
United States

I think I found a work-around!  

There is a setting in IOS (Settings->Display & Brightness->Display Zoom->View.  Either Standard or Zoomed).  I had mine set to Zoomed because I have 54 year old eyes and it makes things easier to read.  I changed it to Standard and the memory card data no long steps on top of the distance and speed data!  Yay!  So, that's what I'll do when I'm using DJI Fly.  I REALLY hope DJI just adds a setting in their app so I can turn off the memory card data on the main screen.  

Setting in IOS:

When set to Zoomed:

When set to Standard:

2020-10-7
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Art Vandelay Posted at 10-7 06:52
I think I found a work-around!  

There is a setting in IOS (Settings->Display & Brightness->Display Zoom->View.  Either Standard or Zoomed).  I had mine set to Zoomed because I have 54 year old eyes and it makes things easier to read.  I changed it to Standard and the memory card data no long steps on top of the distance and speed data!  Yay!  So, that's what I'll do when I'm using DJI Fly.  I REALLY hope DJI just adds a setting in their app so I can turn off the memory card data on the main screen.  

Smart!
2020-10-7
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Only 54 year old eyes.  Try it with mine....
Glad you found a work around.  Actually I would that zoomed was the cause.  There is only so much that you can cram onto the screen.
2020-10-7
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have trouble seeing the screen details, I suggest switching to a tablet like I did, 72 year old eyes ;-)
2020-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules