Best filter for window glare/reflection
1451 6 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

Been trying out the OP in a mount looking through the front windshield and I'm getting some glass reflection of the mount intself inside the car in the video. So I'm looking for some specific suggestions (brand, etc) on the best filter to reduce this reflection without too much light loss (my concern with a circular polarizer). Thanks.
2020-10-5
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Best filter to reduce window reflection

Been trying out the OP in a mount looking through the front windshield and I'm getting some glass reflection of the mount intself inside the car in the video. So I'm looking for some specific suggestions (brand, etc) on the best filter to reduce this reflection without too much light loss (my concern with a circular polarizer). Thanks.

2020-10-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Dave.
A circular polarizer will only show the stress patterns in the toughened glass.  Your best bet to to get the lens as close to the glass as possible without touching it.
2020-10-5
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 10-5 13:56
Hi Dave.
A circular polarizer will only show the stress patterns in the toughened glass.  Your best bet to to get the lens as close to the glass as possible without touching it.

Smart idea - head slap for not thinking in that direction - and easy to try with the mount. Thanks.
2020-10-5
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

If you're square on with the glass, there's no magic filter that will help. A polarizer is most effective at about a 30-degree angle to water or windows - for bluest skies it's a 90-degree angle to the sun.
2020-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Just like you would buy polarized sunglasses.
They work exactly for that.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DaveSp. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have give. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules