Mavic Pro Platinum
422 16 2020-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

I've been a Mavic pro platinum owner for two years now and the drone has worked pretty well for me until lately. I've been having issues with the gimbal and when ever I try to get a decent shot it ends up ruined with shakiness etc... which are attached below. I’ve tried all recalibrations, updated software on assistant but nothing is working. Previously I’ve sent the drone in to dji but that has been a money pit and other issues seem to pop up. Would it be crazy to upgrade to the Mavic 2 pro or go to the Mavic air 2? Or just wait for the next Mavic? I just want to shoot with no issues. I fly recreationally but want a good solid drone.  

Thanks

https://youtu.be/A5E5Rv96XG0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4aV-VaZn4

https://youtu.be/YVQVySiBQ5M

2020-10-5
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"Previously I’ve sent the drone in to dji but that has been a money pit and other issues seem to pop up."

Guessing you don't have DJI Care Refresh?  

Which in my experience with MPp is nearly mandatory.

2020-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

M2A is a good replacement for MP if you ask me.
Ticks many many boxes.
Plus it delivers output that does not need a lot of post processing.
M2P is a 'better' drone in some areas (more pricey also), but from what I have heard here it seems you have to work harder to get out the most of it.
So depending on how you want your workflow to be, either one is a very good replacement.
2020-10-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe wait until the DJI announcement this month.
2020-10-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2P wouldn't be a crazy decision but the MA2 is an awesome little drone if you're not really into post editing.
2020-10-6
Use props
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 10-5 20:32
"Previously I’ve sent the drone in to dji but that has been a money pit and other issues seem to pop up."

Guessing you don't have DJI Care Refresh?  

I used to have it but it has since then expired.
2020-10-6
Use props
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-5 21:59
M2A is a good replacement for MP if you ask me.
Ticks many many boxes.
Plus it delivers output that does not need a lot of post processing.

I have Final Cut Pro that I use to edit my footage. Would it be a downgrade in picture quality to go from Mavic pro to Mavic air 2?
2020-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avidflyer24 Posted at 10-6 08:18
I have Final Cut Pro that I use to edit my footage. Would it be a downgrade in picture quality to go from Mavic pro to Mavic air 2?

No not at all.
MA2 is much better in that respect.

I'm talking about M2P (Mavic 2 Pro) with the 1"sensor. That can deliver even better footage, but it does require (what I have seen and heard) more post processing since they seem to have targeted it for pro consumers that want to be in control.
2020-10-6
Use props
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-6 09:36
No not at all.
MA2 is much better in that respect.

Yeah I’m more of a recreational flyer but still do edits, so the ma2 seems like it would be perfect.
2020-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avidflyer24 Posted at 10-6 09:45
Yeah I’m more of a recreational flyer but still do edits, so the ma2 seems like it would be perfect.

From what I have seen here you can make great content with it!
2020-10-6
Use props
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 10-6 09:55
From what I have seen here you can make great content with it!

Thanks for your help!
2020-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Avidflyer24 Posted at 10-6 10:48
Thanks for your help!

Good luck with the decision!
2020-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Avidflyer24. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic Pro Platinum and thank you for reaching out. Both the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and the DJI Mavic Air 2 are great DJI consumer drone. In addition, I will post a link where in you can compare both the DJI Mavic 2Pro to the DJI Mavic Air 2 and to other DJI consumer drones as well ( https://www.dji.com/products/com ... ndsite&from=nav ). Thank you.
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_PYohZvjzREzf
New
Japan

Mavic Pro Platinum video problem. Started my drone today and the video on my iPhone looks like the attached picture.
2020-10-11
Use props
Dean
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Replacing the gimbal ribbon cable and the ptz camera line signal cable is not that difficult and will almost certainly fix your gimbal issues.

In October last year my mavic pro started with gimbal issues that looks just like the problem yr videos.
The problem was sporadic for a short while but then became so bad i could not really fly any more.

Since i cannot afford a new drone or tbh the cost of sending my drone away for repairs i was faced with a choice between trying to sell a faulty drone and saying goodbye to my fav past time for good or i could try to repair it myself.

I received advise from a repair person that shaky gimbal is usually in the first case a gimbal ribbon issue and secondly could be a ptz cable issue.

First i ordered the gimbal ribbon and replaced that. I watched numerous yt videos and though it is a bit of a fiddly thing to replace, i managed first time to get it right.
That fixed my gimbal issue - one time...done...

But then my camera stopped working at all. No image transmitted to my device :-(
So then i ordered the ptz cable and replaced that - since then i have been back in the air with a solid gimbal and fully functioning camera.

TIPS
1. watch a few videos on yt about the subject
2. when replacing the ptz cable ensure it does not become pinched between the clip on covers of the gimbal assembly.
3. Shaky gimbal is due to gimbal ribbon failure - if that does not work then replace the ptz cable - or order both parts and replace them at the same time - that would be my recommendation.
4. it is fiddly work but with some research and patience it is easily do- able
5. be careful when removing the mavic body screws - Ensure you have the correct screw drivers - do not strip the heads.

good luck
2020-10-11
Use props
Avidflyer24
lvl.1
United States

Dean Posted at 10-11 12:44
Replacing the gimbal ribbon cable and the ptz camera line signal cable is not that difficult and will almost certainly fix your gimbal issues.

In October last year my mavic pro started with gimbal issues that looks just like the problem yr videos.

Is there a reliable site I can order the ribbon from?
2020-10-11
Use props
Dean
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Avidflyer24 Posted at 10-11 19:16
Is there a reliable site I can order the ribbon from?

i am in south africa so i do not know what sites are available yr side.

The ribbon is a very basic part i am sure that amazon or any other supplier will do
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules