Air unit not detecting micro-sd card
5234 10 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
potatofacemcduc
lvl.1

Norway

I can't get my air-unit to recognize any micro-sd cards I put in it. I've tried with with two different cards (Sandisk extreme 32 GB and Sandisk Ultra 32 GB, as pictured below). Both cards are recognized by the goggles, but when I put them in the air unit the goggles display "no sd". Both the goggles and the air unit are updated to the latest firmware. I've also tried to refresh and downgrade the firmware, but this made no difference. Has anyone had this or a similar issue and know how to fix it? sandisk-extreme.jpeg sandisk-ultra.jpg

2020-10-6
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The Extreme should work. I've heard there are counterfeit versions of these cards out there with poorer performance. Hopefully you don't have some of those.
2020-10-6
Use props
potatofacemcduc
lvl.1

Norway

mc54 Posted at 10-6 09:02
The Extreme should work. I've heard there are counterfeit versions of these cards out there with poorer performance. Hopefully you don't have some of those.

I would assume that even with a counterfeit versions the cards would at least til be recognized by the air unit, especially since both cards are working on the goggles.
2020-10-6
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

did you format the card IN THE AIR UNIT?
2020-10-7
Use props
potatofacemcduc
lvl.1

Norway

Its not possible to format it on the air unit as the air unit does not detect the SD-card. Ive tried to format both cards using the goggles and using a computer (tried with both FAT32 and exFAT).
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried another card to eliminate the fault you are experiencing with this one?
2020-10-8
Use props
potatofacemcduc
lvl.1

Norway

A J Posted at 10-8 06:52
Have you tried another card to eliminate the fault you are experiencing with this one?

Ive already tried with two different cards as mentioned above. I can see if I find another card to test with, but I doubt that the result will be any different
2020-10-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

potatofacemcduc Posted at 10-8 06:54
Ive already tried with two different cards as mentioned above. I can see if I find another card to test with, but I doubt that the result will be any different

The chances of multiple cards not working is thin on the ground. Clearly a fault with the card reader in the drone.
2020-10-8
Use props
thector15gmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2900541 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I am having this same issue? did you fix it?
tried different cards that are currently working on other air units I have.
tried also different firmwares, but nothing happens. It does not detect the SD card
Any help please??
2022-4-27
Use props
SeaDog1
New

Australia

This was a terrible problem for me! Eventually I put the nozzle from the WD40 against the sd slot in the drone and blasted it. Then pushed the sd card in and out 50 times. Worked !
2022-5-4
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great views!
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules