5266 16 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi guys,

I want to follow up the progress on a building site. My idea is to take a number of pictures from the same angles of the building site from time to time.
What are your toughts to use one of these options: DJI Go4 waypoints, Litchi or Dronelink? Pro & cons, tell me why you would use a certain program ?

I'm using a smart controller and a Mavic 2 pro.

2020-10-6
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't own the SC and never used Dronelink but litchi was always excellent for waypoints when I used it so can vouch for it.
2020-10-6
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've used Litchi extensively for waypoints missions and it never disappoints. Well worth the price.
2020-10-6
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you are looking at flying a specific route, stopping drone turning and taking shots, this can all be done by setting your mission on Litchi without any hiccups and can be setup without powering on your drone and saving the mission, then power on and launch mission - saves battery as well so you get more time in air.
2020-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried drone deploy?
2020-10-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 00:20
Have you tried drone deploy?

Hi DAFlys,

didn't try drone deploy. Neither did I have any experience using DroneLink or Litchi for waypoints.

DJI waypoints comes with Go4, the others are paying. This is why I love to hear all of your experiences about one or more of these apps. What are the pro's / con's and/or why to use a certain app?
Hear about anyones personal experiences with these apps.

I like to have something I can plan once and execute several times to obtain pictures from the same angles.
Can it be planned on a pc and uploaded onto the app, etc. ...
2020-10-7
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

Dronelink from they description requires a constant connection to the drone. If connection brokes - it stops: https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036830194

Litchi, on the other hand, simply uploads a flight plan to the drone and then allows you to monitor its progress, and a temporary loss of communication is not a problem.
2020-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-7 02:05
Hi DAFlys,

didn't try drone deploy. Neither did I have any experience using DroneLink or Litchi for waypoints.

Drone deploy has a 7 day trial so you can test it out,  and you can plan your flights online like the litchi hub.  
2020-10-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 04:59
Drone deploy has a 7 day trial so you can test it out,  and you can plan your flights online like the litchi hub.

that is interesting, DAFlys. I'll have a look at that.
2020-10-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 10-7 03:17
Dronelink from they description requires a constant connection to the drone. If connection brokes - it stops: https://support.dronelink.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036830194

Litchi, on the other hand, simply uploads a flight plan to the drone and then allows you to monitor its progress, and a temporary loss of communication is not a problem.

I saw a video of that problem too, Sergey. A huge water tower that is blocking the signal. The drone kept hanging on the same spot, didn't even do a RTH. That is the worst fear of any drone user.

In my case, the subject is on my own property with no construction blocking the signal or even the view. But, it is interesting to know if I should want it to use in a different environment.
2020-10-7
Use props
akozc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Macao

my few cents goes to litchi,
i do similar construction survey on my project site.
litchi is reliable, customizable and easy to operate software. for smart controller, use the amazon website to download the litchi software
you can pattern plot the flight route,  specify  the altitude, speed and even angle of the photo or video to be shot when and where. if you are not aware please also note on litchi website you can log in and pre-plot your flight pattern on your computer and save then during  fly ,you can upload the flight patern on SC (simply  log in litchi and open the save file. highly recommended.

2020-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JohnDG. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI co pilots on what they will use on this situation. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Go 4 application ) when flying your DJI Mavic 2 Pro to ensure stability and comparability during flight. Thank you and safe flying always.
2020-10-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-7 07:25
that is interesting, DAFlys. I'll have a look at that.

If you use an online email service or two you can have more than one trial too.
2020-10-8
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

For take pictures from the sides of the building in different altitudes Dronelink has Facade. Litchi does not have that. I create the building in 3D with Agisoft  Check this example.

dronelink.jpg
2020-10-8
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Probably not the best example ,but you can get the idea.
2020-10-8
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Belgium

Hi Guys,

thank you for your responses.

I'm in doubt between dronelink and litchi. Drone deploy looks good too, but two things crossed my mind: it's a monthly fee and it doesn't work on the smart controller.
In my case it's probably a one-time project, that will last just a couple of months. I don't mind to pay something. Actually I already have Litchi on my SC but didn't make use of it much as the DJI Go4 covers most of my photographic needs.

@ZeuS-FL: the 3D model is an intresting thing. Will look into the pricing of the 3D software you used too.
2020-10-9
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 10-9 01:53
Hi Guys,

thank you for your responses.

Yes it works with the Smart Controller. All you need to do is download the APK installer from the computer to the SD card and install. That's it.
I am using it all the time in the smart controller. Check the video.

2020-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules