1158 4 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sls1j
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241552 ft
United States

I have a couple of feature requests:

As a pilot I want to add a marker to the map by lattitude and longitude so that during flight I can fly the drone to the point maker.  As someone that uses my Mavic Mini to explore wilderness areas that I've identified from other mapped sources it would be nice to mark those area on a the map and be able to flight the drone to those areas.

As a pilot I want to add a marker to the map using the current position of the drone and later be able to see the latitude and logitude of those makers (maybe in the profile area).  This way when I come across interesting items during flight I can more easily find them on a map.

As a user I'd like to have along with the location, the alitude, the direction, and gimal orientation tagged on the photo to better allow me to line up a photo's visual perspective onto a map.

Thanks

Brian

2020-10-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brian. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out you valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and have a safe flight always.
2020-10-7
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Hi
I reinforce this request from the user Brian @sls1j who comes to a real problem that a friend of mine working as a volunteer in the forest fires in the Pantanal region, here in Brazil. On Saturday, flying over his mapped Mavic Air 2, he identified some animals in danger and two fire spots that could spread and did not find a way to mark the coordinates, which he was able to do easily when he had the Mavic Pro 1 using DJI Go 4. I tried to help him with the flight logs and luckily he marked the exact flight time, which made it easier to find the coordinates, but with a two-hour gap.
I would appreciate it very much for this functionality.

hugs to all
2020-10-13
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Junior - Brazil Posted at 10-13 05:36
Hi
I reinforce this request from the user Brian @sls1j who comes to a real problem that a friend of mine working as a volunteer in the forest fires in the Pantanal region, here in Brazil. On Saturday, flying over his mapped Mavic Air 2, he identified some animals in danger and two fire spots that could spread and did not find a way to mark the coordinates, which he was able to do easily when he had the Mavic Pro 1 using DJI Go 4. I tried to help him with the flight logs and luckily he marked the exact flight time, which made it easier to find the coordinates, but with a two-hour gap.
I would appreciate it very much for this functionality.

A quicker way to get GPS coordinates instead of using the flight logs is to turn on "Video Subtitles". When you see a location you want to tag just record a short 1-5 second video. For the video you just recorded there will be a subtitle file for it with the same number but with the "SRT" file extension. Each video frame has an entry in this "SRT" file with the following information -

00:00:00,066 --> 00:00:00,100
<font size="36">SrtCnt : 3, DiffTime : 34ms
2020-08-13 12:27:05,565,505
[iso : 100] [shutter : 1/180.0] [fnum : 280] [ev : 0] [ct : 5853] [color_md : default] [focal_len : 240] [latitude: 31.263772] [longitude: -88.819227] [altitude: 0.800000] </font>

As you can see the lat/long is at the end of the entry and you'll have a short video for it as well for documentation.
2020-10-17
Use props
Junior - Brazil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 476483 ft
Brazil

Pappy3 Posted at 10-17 19:17
A quicker way to get GPS coordinates instead of using the flight logs is to turn on "Video Subtitles". When you see a location you want to tag just record a short 1-5 second video. For the video you just recorded there will be a subtitle file for it with the same number but with the "SRT" file extension. Each video frame has an entry in this "SRT" file with the following information -

Thank you!

Excellent tip, I will try it...

2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules