iOS 14.2 & 14.0.1 Crash 4.3.38 with RTMP
6359 39 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sck1ng
lvl.1
United States

I have not seen a post regarding this, and if there is one and I missed it, I appologize ahead of time.

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.2 and an iPad Pro Mini with iOS 14.0.1 both using DJI Go 4.3.38

On both systems I am able to connect to both my Phanton 4 Pro and Spark but with either system if I choose Custom RTMP from the live section it has a message that pops up that says "Input a RTMP URL for live broadcast" with nothing else but a "Next" button. If I hit the screen anywhere on the popup, the app disappears (crashes) immediately. Anyone have any advice or is this a known issue? I have tried full reinstalls of the app on both systems along with restarts of the devices.

I appreciate any help
2020-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Out of interest what are you using RTMP for?  I tried it for periscope but it was a pita.
2020-10-7
Use props
sck1ng
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 00:25
Out of interest what are you using RTMP for?  I tried it for periscope but it was a pita.

Would like to send it to OBS then to twitch
2020-10-7
Use props
fansd3073579
lvl.1

Mexico

Same problem here.
I’m using a Mavic 2 pro with an IPhone Xs and the app crash every time I tried to enter an url.
I tried to update the firmware and it didn’t work out.
I also tried to uninstall and install the app and it keeps crashing.
The Facebook live transmision works fine.
2020-10-7
Use props
DiscoStu
lvl.1

United States

Yep same here. Thanks for putting in the time to list versions etc, hopefully it gets settled soon. Has it ever worked for anyone (ios)? Trying to figure out how to post to aws S3 and this seems like a possible approach. I got the idea from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Rq-1OIX4k - but there's no mentions in the comments about it crashing, so I'm guessing this is recent. Latest update for ios was 2 months ago, addressing crash issues. Guess they missed one
2020-10-8
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1561490 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have a Mavic Pro and have been using the live broadcast as well. After reinstalling DJI I also can’t input my rtmp settings from Periscope. It also just causes the DJI4 app to crash. I also know of 2 other users having same problem.
2020-10-12
Use props
fans9a3f7f1a
New

United States

I’m having the same issue on IOS 14.0.1. I try to put a custom RTMP address in and the app crashes. Please fix soon.
2020-10-14
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Still unable to input my Stream key in the select Live Broadcast, Dji4 go crashes as soon as I try to type the key. Using a Mavic Pro and iPhone 11, can this be resolved as it’s the only reason I use my Mavic. ?
2020-10-15
Use props
fans32046f21
New

United States

My DJI Go4 app version 4.3.38 crashes as I try to input the RTMP url in the custom RTMP pop up.. tried deleting the app and reinstalling and doesn’t help.. I am using iPhone X and IOS 14.0.1 (latest)..  Hope DJI fixes the bug
2020-10-16
Use props
sck1ng
lvl.1
United States

Does DJI typically reply to acknowledge the issue or do we just hope they heard and are taking care of it?
2020-10-18
Use props
fans32046f21
New

United States

It’s a DJI forum / Community so hopefully they look at these comments and Address it soon..
2020-10-18
Use props
Raimond Kollman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2173517 ft
Netherlands

Is there a solution for this? I also experience the crash when I try to enter the url :-[
2020-10-21
Use props
djiuser_tLDCdG8eWuUW
New

United States

Any resolution on this yet?  The customer service I have attempted to contact on this is absolutely abhorrent.  I explained the issue and the guy sent me a link for the drone repair department. For a $2000 drone you’d think you might be able to actually get a reasonable response. You would also think that RTMP would be a priority...streaming DJI products is basically free marketing. Shame.
2020-10-25
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

@DJI Mindy
2020-10-25
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Any progress on this issue @djimandy ?
2020-10-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello sck1ng, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Have you tried using different device that is part of the recommended devices for the Phantom 4 pro and/or Spark under the DJI Go 4 app. List of the recommended devices for the Phantom 4 pro/Spark and DJI Go 4 app as follows.
iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.

Have you tried as well to check the other livestreaming option like Facebook, Youtube etc. to see if the app will crash.

Please let me know the result if you able to use one of the recommended devices and check if you can access the custom RTMP from the DJI Go 4 app to isolate the issue. Thank you.
2020-10-28
Use props
fans27eca4e2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-28 08:55
Hello sck1ng, thank you for reaching us out and my apologies this has caused you. Have you tried using different device that is part of the recommended devices for the Phantom 4 pro and/or Spark under the DJI Go 4 app. List of the recommended devices for the Phantom 4 pro/Spark and DJI Go 4 app as follows.
iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone SE, iPad Pro, iPad, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 4.

May I  respectfully suggest that, instead of telling us to try all these things ( which I'm sure we have all already tried ) you actually ask a technician to use an Apple device with IOS 14 or higher . Open the DJI Go 4 app , select Live Broadcast Platform. Custom RTMP, in the text box try to input a stream key. and I'm sure you will see our problem not even a need to connect a drone to test this. .
Thank you
2020-10-29
Use props
djiuser_8rn8JyX8RR27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206857 ft
Australia

Same here. Mavic 2 Pro, iPhone X, iOS 14.1, DJI Go 4.3.38. As soon as you tap on the URL/Stream key entry box whole app crashes. Just updated the firmware in the controller and the aircraft. Happens on my iPad as well.
Got to be an app issue someone hasn't tested with iOS 14.x
2020-11-2
Use props
anwardesa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 767415 ft
Malaysia

same here...after update IOS n DJIGo4 i can't use the custom RTMP in my ipad..hopefully please fix this issue as soon as possible.
2020-11-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

sck1ng Posted at 10-18 14:15
Does DJI typically reply to acknowledge the issue or do we just hope they heard and are taking care of it?

Hi sck1ng, my apologies for the late response. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the issue or a video showing that when using the RTMP the app crashed. This is to get a documented video/screenshot wherein we can provide to our engineers to test. Thank you and I will be waiting for your response.
2020-11-5
Use props
mattslote
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-5 06:32
Hi sck1ng, my apologies for the late response. Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the issue or a video showing that when using the RTMP the app crashed. This is to get a documented video/screenshot wherein we can provide to our engineers to test. Thank you and I will be waiting for your response.

I recorded the screen on my phone while experiencing this issue. I can't share the files here but I can share the link where the files can be viewed and downloaded.
Was using an iPhone XR. Just tried an iPad Mini 2 and it didn't crash.

2020-11-6
Use props
djiuser_8rn8JyX8RR27
lvl.1
Australia

We can’t upload video here so thanks for asking for a video.
This is the screen that it occurs on. Tapping anywhere inside the dialog box crashes the app out to the phones Home Screen. No errors, just gone.
2020-11-7
Use props
djiuser_8rn8JyX8RR27
lvl.1
Australia

We can’t upload video here so thanks for asking for a video.
This is the screen that it occurs on. Tapping anywhere inside the dialog box crashes the app out to the phones Home Screen. No errors, just gone.
27960D25-08A2-4249-93C9-2EBE67CC4BC1.png
2020-11-7
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4752300 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same Issue. I try to open "Custom RTMP". As soon as I click to type in the URL the app disappears. I tried it out now on iPhone X Max, iPad Mini, iPadPro... same issue on all devices. I hope the will be a fix SOON. I have to broadcast the blow up of a bridge soon. I will potentially loose the deal to a competitor if it doesn't work again.
2020-11-11
Use props
USWS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Is the RTMP error the only thing you guys have found with those versions?
2020-11-11
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Any solutions in sight? Is anyone of DJI here to listen? Is there probably any alternative software, app that works?

If I can’t do my job anymore with the DJI Products I paid my money for maybe another manufacturer is able to deliver a working solution. Please let me know. Thanks
2020-11-12
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

Any solutions in sight? Is anyone of DJI here to listen? Is there probably any alternative software, app that works?

If I can’t do my job anymore with the DJI Products I paid my money for maybe another manufacturer is able to deliver a working solution. Please let me know. Thanks
2020-11-12
Use props
a2k
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

USWS Posted at 11-11 17:00
Is the RTMP error the only thing you guys have found with those versions?
The issue we are specifically talking about in this threat is the crash of the App when opening “Custom RTMP”.
2020-11-12
Use props
Moidas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1486 ft
United States

Is there any update on this? Running iOS 14 here on an iPhone 11, same issues as above.

1. Open DJI Go (Connected to a DJI Osmo Mobile 2)
2. Hit the settings cog
3. Livestream / RTMP
4. Dialogue opens.
5. Tap anywhere, crash.

Thanks,
2020-11-20
Use props
shanefromfargo
New

United States

I'm seeing exactly what others are seeing. I've tried this on 6 different Apple Devices now. iPhonex, 3 different iPads, iPhone 6s, and iPhone 11. All of my newer devices (iPhone11, X, and my two newer iPads) are all running IOS14, they crash whenever you try to type any text into the RTMP box. My two older devices(iPhone 6s, and older iPad) are running IOS 13, these devices allow you to type text into the box and stream just fine.

I agree with what others are saying. No need to ask for screenshots, or even connect to a drone. Just open the app on any IOS14 device and you will see exactly what we are talking about.
2020-11-27
Use props
fans7eba6401
lvl.1
United States

Any updates on this?
2020-12-2
Use props
Scotty42
New

United States

fans7eba6401 Posted at 12-2 14:10
Any updates on this?

Yep, I'm hitting this too.  I just upgraded to ios 14.2, and I can't change the rtmp link anymore
2020-12-9
Use props
greg.k
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2633698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Scotty42 Posted at 12-9 13:40
Yep, I'm hitting this too.  I just upgraded to ios 14.2, and I can't change the rtmp link anymore

This is a no-brainer. It's easy to replicate this fault 100% of the time on IOS. Someone from DJI needs to confirm they can replicate, and once that is complete - when it will be fixed. This has a big impact on the use of DJI products for many users who do video work.
2020-12-10
Use props
indianblade13
New

United States

greg.k Posted at 12-10 13:52
This is a no-brainer. It's easy to replicate this fault 100% of the time on IOS. Someone from DJI needs to confirm they can replicate, and once that is complete - when it will be fixed. This has a big impact on the use of DJI products for many users who do video work.

I should have never updated the app.  DJI IF YOU ARE VIEWING THIS, THE WORSE THING YOU CAN DO IS NOT RESPOND.  SAY SOMETHING! PEOPLE WHO SPEND THEIR HARDWORKING MONEY IN TIMES LIKE THIS NEED YOU TO SAY SOMETHING! --the next thing to happen is people will go elsewhere when the time comes instead of using paperweights.  A SHAME SUCH GREAT PRODUCTS HAVE SUCH POOR SUPPORT!!-- by the way no update yet still having issue with --as soon as you try to input any text in the "RTMP TEXT WINDOW" THE APP STILL CRASHES(CLOSES COMPLETELY)
2020-12-28
Use props
drew
New

United Kingdom

Hi.  Hoorah.  I am not alone.  I am the owner of the app 'streemin',  in the app store, which allows live streaming from a dji drone. We have to update for so many software versions and duly updated to ios14 .  Now when we try to enter an rtmp url,  the app crashes, as noted by sck1ng. There is a 'howto' video on the streemin website but if you are on ios14,  entering a url is not possible. Hope dji sort this out soon.  We are hoping for a quick fix to this.
2021-1-18
Use props
drew
New

United Kingdom

fans27eca4e2 Posted at 2020-10-29 14:18
May I  respectfully suggest that, instead of telling us to try all these things ( which I'm sure we have all already tried ) you actually ask a technician to use an Apple device with IOS 14 or higher . Open the DJI Go 4 app , select Live Broadcast Platform. Custom RTMP, in the text box try to input a stream key. and I'm sure you will see our problem not even a need to connect a drone to test this. .
Thank you

agreed.  as someone said on here.
1. Open DJI Go
2. Hit the settings cog
3. Livestream / RTMP
4. Dialogue opens.
5. Tap anywhere, crash.

Our ios 'streemin' app relies on inputting this url.  We have a few  police depts in the USA testing our app for live streaming incidents.  Come on DJI don't lose you position even further to the competition. We too have had problems with ios14 in our app.  Your guys must be able to fix this 'input ' error. Thanks
2021-1-18
Use props
Jack Hedges
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84446 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2020-10-28 08:55

I have an iPhone 11 that works fine.

I tried it on an iPhone XR and an iPad 5th gen.  All three devices have the most current update version of DJIGo4 and the XR and iPad crash every time I tap the URL entry for RTMP.
2021-1-20
Use props
MemphisFire
New
Flight distance : 224554 ft
United States

Has there been any update on this?    We have a fleet of aircraft, multiples of Mini, Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual, Phantom 4 Pro, Matrice 210, and we have lost the ability to live stream to our incident commanders and off-site command staff due to this error.   

Same as everyone has stated:  iOS 14.x.x and as soon as you touch anywhere to enter the RTMP, the app force closes.   We use DJI Pilot for the M2ED and have no way to livestream this to our command staff.

We have spent HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of dollars in our drone program, only to see it obliterated by DJI suddenly losing the ability to stream video.
2021-3-16
Use props
djiuser_JCUBHLQeKXHO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 969173 ft
Australia

Hello there is a new problem with the custom RTMP     It’s not crashing but I get   URL error message when I try to input my key.  Latest update     
FABBD14D-3627-4498-9051-09E46758D2DB.png
2021-8-22
Use props
Kiril Miloshev
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17178 ft

Bulgaria

So 4 years later the DJI Pilot App still crashes the same way as in 2020 and no streaming to custom server is possible.
Does DJI care just a little for its customers?
4 years and this bug in the IOS APP is still not fixed???????

@djimandy
3-29 05:15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules