451 16 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77930 ft
Australia

Hi,

My Mavic 2 RC can not start up and does not even show the battery sign when charging. I updated 2 days ago on Monday, and yesterday when I wanted to fly, it wouldn't turn on. I had it charged fully before updating and it was fine. I had tired the reset button combinations but it still can not turn on.

Anyone has some suggestions?
2020-10-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried plugging it into a PC with DJI Assistant?
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, connecting it to the PC will create a charge and through Assistant 2 for Mavic you can try refreshing the firmware
2020-10-7
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

Hi neo_alpha,

AJ got a good suggestion on  3#
Connect to a computer using the DJI Assistent 2 program and use the reinstall option. It is possible that the firmware was corrupted in some way. Had it once when installing thru the wifi of my mobile. Problem solved after reinstalling the same firmware using a wired internet connection and DJI Assistent 2. Now, I only upgrade thru that Assistent program.
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-7 00:29
Have you tried plugging it into a PC with DJI Assistant?

I did, there are no signs of it charging and no  connection between the RC and DJI assistant. I will leave it connected for an hour and see if anything happens.
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 10-7 00:32
Yeah, connecting it to the PC will create a charge and through Assistant 2 for Mavic you can try refreshing the firmware

There is no sign that its connected or charging. Is there anyway to tell?
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neo_alpha Posted at 10-7 03:16
There is no sign that its connected or charging. Is there anyway to tell?

When you bring up the home page of Assistant 2 does it show the RC icon?
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 10-7 03:17

If not then without the ability to even turn on the RC, charge it and therefore do anything to try and rectify the issue via firmware it may be an unfortunate case that the battery has a serious fault. In which case you will need to raise a ticket with DJI to return it to your nearest service centre for replacement.
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 10-7 03:17

No icon, only the image showing the usb to be connected to the laptop.
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neo_alpha Posted at 10-7 03:22
No icon, only the image showing the usb to be connected to the laptop.

It sounds like the battery has died. Check my reply in post 8
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 10-7 03:20
If not then without the ability to even turn on the RC, charge it and therefore do anything to try and rectify the issue via firmware it may be an unfortunate case that the battery has a serious fault. In which case you will need to raise a ticket with DJI to return it to your nearest service centre for replacement.

Ok, I believe you are correct, as I also think that the battery has gone bad. I will try find a way to charge it first and see.
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neo_alpha Posted at 10-7 03:26
Ok, I believe you are correct, as I also think that the battery has gone bad. I will try find a way to charge it first and see.

Try leaving it on the charger for a while and see if it comes to life! Other than that the remaining options will be to open it yourself and see of there is a loose connection (not recommended as you will invalidate the warranty) or simply ship it to DJI.
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 10-7 03:28
Try leaving it on the charger for a while and see if it comes to life! Other than that the remaining options will be to open it yourself and see of there is a loose connection (not recommended as you will invalidate the warranty) or simply ship it to DJI.

Thanks, I will do that. I'll leave it charge for a few hours and check on again later.
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

neo_alpha Posted at 10-7 03:33
Thanks, I will do that. I'll leave it charge for a few hours and check on again later.

2020-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there neo_alpha. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro remote controller. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps before and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to check the said remote controller and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-7
Use props
neo_alpha
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-7 20:34
Hello there neo_alpha. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro remote controller. Since you have done several troubleshooting steps before and still the issue persist. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for us to be able to assist you further. We have a team that will do there best to check the said remote controller and give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Hi DJI Stephen,

Thanks much, I will get in touch with them, as the issue has not yet been resolved and the controller is completely dead. I believe it is the battery, that is the cause.
2020-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

neo_alpha Posted at 10-8 19:47
Hi DJI Stephen,

Thanks much, I will get in touch with them, as the issue has not yet been resolved and the controller is completely dead. I believe it is the battery, that is the cause.

Hi there neo_alpha. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules