Mavic Air 2 Unable to Update Firmware
9465 13 2020-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Calvin Adelaide
lvl.1
Australia

Anyone had the same issue but able to fixed it?

Download via wi-fi, but stuck at 40% then failed (Code: 3005). I have even tried uninstalled DJI Fly app, restart phone, reinstall the app, link my remote control and drone. Download via mobile data, stuck at 40% but still failed again (Cdoe: 3005).
Screenshot_20201007_132805_dji.go.v5.jpg
Screenshot_20201007_132759_dji.go.v5.jpg
Tried PC DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, able to download/install the firmware 100%, but unable to transmit.
Screenshot 2020-10-07 15.07.26.png
Screenshot 2020-10-07 10.52.48.jpg
1.png 2.png
3.png
- Purchased the new DJI Mavic Air 2 on 6 Oct 2020
- Batteries always more than 50% when doing the firmware
- Remote control firmware is V01.00.0340 says DJI Fly app (mobile phone)
- Drone firmware is V01.00.0250 says DJI Fly app (mobile phone)
- Purchased & locate in Australia
- Internet is on will good signal
- Did not use MicroSD while doing this
- Internal storage has been reformat & cache is clear

If there is no hope, then is there a hidden factory reset button I could execute?
CS

2020-10-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is the option in Assistant 2 for Mavic to do a factory reset - try that
2020-10-7
Use props
Calvin Adelaide
lvl.1
Australia

A J Posted at 10-7 05:19
There is the option in Assistant 2 for Mavic to do a factory reset - try that

The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (V2.0.114) the button is no longer there, it appears they have removed that button. Thanks for the reply.
2020-10-7
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calvin Adelaide Posted at 10-7 18:40
The DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic (V2.0.114) the button is no longer there, it appears they have removed that button. Thanks for the reply.
[view_image]

Thats disappointing
2020-10-7
Use props
George210477
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Make downgrade to first one and:
A. make sure you use another battery in drone with over 80% power. Also use another USB port, if you have Intel mainboard make sure you install the latest drivers from Intel. Use USB that is under the Keyboard and Mouse, is integrated in Mainboard, not ones from Case.
Also you should (before you start):
1. Open the app with click Right and Run as Administrator
2. Change the USB cable if is that thinner one 10Watts only, with one that is with better transmission (yes, USB cables are different, use one that support 40W power, is twice the diameter of the usual one, better insulation and very good stability).
3. I never got the SD Card out from drone....i just format all before Upgrade...but this is a choice, not a cause.
4. Disable Antivirus while working with DJI APP...some AV interfere and stay a lot at scanning files and cause abnormal behavior (like drone is waiting and gets nothing, then timeouts).

Keep us posted, will try to help you with info....
Best reg.
EDIT: VERY IMPORTANT !!! USE CABLE, NOT WIFI !!!!
2020-10-12
Use props
rocazac
lvl.2
Mexico

Hi,

I have the same issue with my MA2, did you find any solution to it?
2020-12-21
Use props
Calvin Adelaide
lvl.1
Australia

rocazac Posted at 12-21 15:24
Hi,

I have the same issue with my MA2, did you find any solution to it?

Hey, mysteriously it then allowed me to update the firmware after a week.

Sad thing is, I have made 2 support requests and there is no response ever since. Shows they listen but no execution or follow up.  
2020-12-21
Use props
rocazac
lvl.2
Mexico

Calvin Adelaide Posted at 12-21 21:46
Hey, mysteriously it then allowed me to update the firmware after a week.

Sad thing is, I have made 2 support requests and there is no response ever since. Shows they listen but no execution or follow up.

Hi,

Happy to hear you managed to update it.

That's not good, damn, i thought they had a good customer support tho. I just got the drone, so at this point I am just thinking if i should return it and get a new one that probably works to update, or just wait and see maybe it will mysteriously fix itself
2020-12-22
Use props
robwasil
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue with my Mavic Air 2 but it stops at 47%.  Tried using 2 different android devices, tried using the Assistant, tried removing the SD card, reinstalling software, nothing works.  Contacted DJI and they said I can send it in for service but it's only a couple weeks old, may just return to amazon for another one.  The fact they removed the factory reset button is baffling.
2020-12-28
Use props
astro.dude
New

United States

Hey folks newbie here, first post. Also a proud owner of a brand new Mavic Air 2. Like the original poster I was also getting a firmware update failure pretty consistently. I got the drone first week of December and had made just 1 flight to stretch her legs. I read a news article that new firmware had been released, but for Android, you had to download the newer Android app from the DJI website instead of Google Play Store.  Did that, and it informed me of a new firmware availability, so I kicked it off. Got a 3005 failure at around the 59% mark, tried one more time with the exact same results. So I tried my wife's Iphone but same issue. With the iPhone, the error was happening at 62% and error code was different. I then tried using "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" on a Windows 10 laptop. Again error, happening in the transmitting phase at around 60%, different error code (I vaguely remember 1001).

At this point I reached out to support who asked me to try again on a different PC. Had an old Windows 7 laptop lying around, so tried with that, with same error as the Windows 10 laptop.

Reached out to support again (3 days since the saga began) and they said I needed to send it in. Got the case created, UPS label printed. Was a bit apprehensive to ship the bird back, not a big fan of the shipping companies but knew it had to be done. While I was getting it ready to ship, I removed my SD card, at which point I felt I should try the firmware update once more, and guess what!!! it worked.  I have a pretty fast Internet connection, but the download took about 22 minutes, the transmit and update took another 6. In my previous attempts, I remember the download going quite fast, so my suspicion is the firmware file was getting partially downloaded. Either that or somehow removing the SD card did the trick. I am ecstatic to say the least. Hopefully this will help someone. Sorry for the long winded story .
2020-12-30
Use props
JoshmmCR
New

Costa Rica

You just have to perform the upgrade connecting your computer to the router using a Network Cable... and using the DJI Assistant... Looks like the signal from the Mavic 2 cause some issues with the WiFi network... I just finished to upgrade the firmware of my Mavic 2... I was having the same issues as you...
2021-1-19
Use props
J Swarts
New

South Africa

Hade the same opdate problem. After removing sd cart it update.
2021-12-1
Use props
Kimory
New

Germany

Moin,
Ich habe genau das selbe Problem.
Wie habt ihr das jetzt hinbekommen?
2021-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now