Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Height and Distance on Pilot App
1284 5 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

I am posting this to give an idea to anyone interested of what I am witnessing on my Android Pilot app regarding Height and Distance.

If you watch the video clip you will notice the Phantom is about just over 1 meter from the ground yet the App is saying 2.7+ meters.

Also if you watch (where it says Missing) the bottom right of the display where the 'Distance to RC' is normally displayed, it does not show up for around 1 minute and then appears. Is this normal?
2015-6-24
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

I kinda noticed mine doing this too (the height reading) just after initial takeoff, but as I fly higher it seems to right itself, or at least I think it does.  Re the distance to RC reading mine doesn't seem to have that issue, although it does give erroneous readings that aren't correct.  I just don't take much notice of it lol.  Oh and mine does this on both Android and iOS with my P3P.
2015-6-24
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks John, I am just highlighting it incase they are not aware and think we just make this stuff up

2015-6-24
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Not normal prior to 1.2.6 FW. I have similar issues.
2015-6-24
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

I see the same type of thing. After flying for a bit, the altitude straightens itself out. The distance from me to the bird is always way off. Either that or I have arms 182.5 feet long as that is when I grabbed it ;-)  These incorrect  readings dont bother me that much as I keep the bird in sight.  As another poster said, the readings are wrong on both android and iOS.  I am using version 1.1.0 of the app and 1.2.6 firmware. I have version 1.2.0 on another android tablet and I may give that a shot to see what it shows. A bit nervous trying that as the bird is flying very well right now.
Bit the bullet and tried it. Same issue with version 1.2.0. The error might even be worse. The rest of the app seems to work the same as the previous version.
2015-6-24
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I never use (or have not had too yet) RTH but I would recommend if you do use it to take manual control again once the phantom is close enough and do not allow it to attempt a landing as a precaution.
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules