Unresponsive to altitude change - log included
501 4 2020-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic2zoom-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

I took my M2Z out for a flight today and it seemed extremely reluctant to fly downwards despite my attempts - so much so that I was concerned how I was going to get it down.

The interesting bit starts after I switched out of tripod mode, I was attempting to descend but without much change in the indicated height.
I then chose to fly the drone back to me so at least if it fell out of the sky, I'd be able to recover it. Once near me it continued to misbehave but eventually seemed to pick up and start doing what I wanted.

Left/right/up/rotate all seemed perfetly operational, it was only down which appeared to cause issues.

I flew it another three times (different batteries each time, so a full power down) afterwards and it seemed a little reluctant on the second flight, but appeared to behave normally on the final two flights.

Logs here: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/B3NW8WVH6EGL7LF8SB40/

FRAP (awesome tool, be even better if you could resize the window larger, I've got a 4k monitor)  showed the following:

• 13m 11.8s - height 117.3
  • 13m 12.8s - height 117.2 - even though full 100% down was applied and indicated

Even when it started to come down (13m 22.5s) it was far from the quoted 3m/s rate in P-GPS mode.

• 15m 00.1s - height 102.3
  • 15m 02.4s - height 102.0 - despite lots of down inputs

• 15m 13.3s - height 102.7
  • 15m 17.0s - height 102.6 - again despite lots of stick input

Has anyone any idea why this might have happened?
Thanks

2020-10-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

Great tool isn`t it?   ;-)

At 13m11.8 your Mavic was still in an upwards motion, so need some time to act on your down stick, wich it just started to do but then you released down stick.

At 13m22.5 and further ; rate of descend in the log 3.1 m/s.

At15m13.3   yes, sluggish response (see chart) on your down input....don`t know why.

Good that your flight had a happy landing!

hmm, have to think about 4K  

cheers
JJB
analysis1a.png
2020-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Has anyone any idea why this might have happened?
    13m 12.8s - height 117.2 - even though full 100% down was applied and indicated
You had been climbing at full throttle and achieved a vertical speed of 4 metres/sec.
You briefly stopped climbing and at 13:11.9 you pulled the left stick down with the drone.
It took approx half a second for the drone to stop climbing and start descending at 13:12.6..
You held the left stick down till 13:13.3 and the descent stopped at 13:14.6.
The slight delay is due to inertia and quite normal.

Even when it started to come down (13m 22.5s) it was far from the quoted 3m/s rate in P-GPS mode.
You pulled the left stick full down from 13:23 and by 13:23.9 its vertical velocity reached 3 m/s and continued at 3.1 m/s as long as you held the left stick down.

15m 02.4s - height 102.0 - despite lots of down inputs
There was no down input from 15:02.4 and for quite a while after that.

15m 17.0s - height 102.6 - again despite lots of stick input
Lots of stick input??   No
You only pulled the left stick down a little until 15:24 and only held it full down for 0.9 second.

2020-10-7
Use props
mavic2zoom-ch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5547667 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the additional analysis.

Labroides - my comments on stick input were for the period between the two times, not the period after my quoted time - but take your (and JJBs) point on the 13m observation.

It certainly didn't appear to be behaving as I expected it to having flown it literally hundreds of times.
2020-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

mavic2zoom-ch Posted at 10-7 06:46
Thanks for the additional analysis.

Labroides - my comments on stick input were for the period between the two times, not the period after my quoted time - but take your (and JJBs) point on the 13m observation.

It certainly didn't appear to be behaving as I expected it to having flown it literally hundreds of times.
The data doesn't show anything odd or unusual.
But there's quite a difference between your descriptions of what stick input you thought you gave and what the actual stick input was.
2020-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules