Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly compatibility w/ Galaxy S20 Plus (or) Galaxy S10 Lite
5156 4 2020-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mariob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157 ft
Portugal

Hi!
I intend to buy a 6.7 inches screen Samsung S20 Plus with Exynos 990 processor (not the Snapdragon chipset) but I have read about freezing/crashing issues with DJI Fly app and this smartphone model. Anyone here knows wether any the most recent Dji Fly app version has fixed these incompatibility issues?  I mean, is it already safe to purchase this phone model to fly my Mavic Air 2?
If not, what other DJI Fly compatible 6.7 ou 6.9 inch display phones do you recommend I should use instead?
Another 6.7 inch screen phone I might consider is the Galaxy S10 Lite. This one has Snapdragon 855 processor. Anyone here is using it without issues with Dji Fly app?

Both these models don't yet figure in any list of compatible sets with dji app on internet.
I thank you in advance.

2020-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mariob. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared.  Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Samsung S20 Plus & Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite ) that you want to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that these said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S20 Plus & Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.
2020-10-8
Use props
mariob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157 ft
Portugal

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-8 19:50
Hello there mariob. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared.  Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Samsung S20 Plus & Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite ) that you want to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that these said mobile devices are not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung S20 Plus & Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). Thank you.

Hi DJi Stephen,
thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. Unfortunately your answer was virtually useless.
I had asked for a recommendation of a working phone model with over 6.7" screen size.  Instead, all you did was to check the same list I had checked myself and sent me back there again. I (obviously) had checked it before. That was the reason  I posted my quest here in the first place. Besides, that site is all but updated or too short enough to serve the purposes of many in this forum, for there are recent phone models known to work ok with the DJI Fly that aren't even listed.
Phone manufacturers don't design phones to work with drones. In fact, it's quite the opposite!
As a drone manufacturer, you should show a bigger concern in this respect.
On the other hand, the uncertainty on your behalf (as the manufacturer) and your evasive answers of "there is a possibility", "maybe" and "probably" meaning " you have to try it for yoursef" do very little  to enhance customer satisfaction while ranking the unnacceptable level regarding customer support that thus leaves much to be desired.
Anyway, thanks again for replying.

2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_nZVMgGHYsLFn
New

United States

Mariob, I use to use my s8+ without any problems at all. I'm not sure if the dimensions of it and unfortunately I drowned my in the ocean witha crack in it. But the 8+ worked well.
2021-5-2
Use props
djiuser_3WFIqH1G8ueY
lvl.1

United States

I'll tell you right now I've been using the S10 light for 6 months and all of a sudden it doesn't work  Anymore. All it does is say it's getting charged by my controller every few seconds and it does not connect whatsoever and I'm pretty sure it's because it's just not compatible it used to be it used to work great not now so I'm in the same boat as you is trying to figure out what to buy now seeing how the phone is gonna be more than the d*** drone.
2022-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules