DJI FPV Remote: Channels don't move on goggles/BetaFlight
3148 5 2020-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seedjar
lvl.2

United States

My FPV Remote doesn't seem to change signals on any channels no matter how I set it up in the configuration menu on the goggles. Neither the gimbals nor switches seem to be recognized. The same goes in BetaFlight - there is no change on any channel regardless of what position the inputs are in. The gimbals respond in calibration mode, so I doubt it is a mechanical issue.

I've followed a few threads similar to this issue but haven't found a particularly definitive answer. I tried setting ARM to SA, and the arm setting popped up in BetaFlight, but I can't get it to respond to input. I know how to lock and unlock the controller with the C button, and that's not it.

FWIW, my FC stack is a T-Motor F7 Mini + F45 ESC. No extras installed aside from a buzzer. My motors respond fine to manual control in BetaFlight and everything appears to be normal otherwise.

I'm sure there's already a solution out there - if someone could point me in the right direction, I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks for your time,
~Joe
2020-10-7
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to check all the settings related to communication with the air unit.
1. Is the correct UART enabled in the ports tab?
2. Is S-Bus selected on the configuration tab?
3. If the DJI protocol is selected, have you set SBUS_BAUD_FAST on?
2020-10-7
Use props
seedjar
lvl.2

United States

Thanks. The UART port is enabled as per the FC manufacturer's recommended configuration. SBUS is enabled in the configuration tab.

I did set SBUS_BAUD_FAST = ON, but the DJI protocol never showed up in BetaFlight (v10.7.0). I had read that there is a corresponding setting on the goggles, but I wasn't able to find it when I was working on it yesterday.

Thanks for your time! ~Joe
2020-10-8
Use props
fans25290af0
lvl.4

United States

seedjar Posted at 10-8 11:46
Thanks. The UART port is enabled as per the FC manufacturer's recommended configuration. SBUS is enabled in the configuration tab.

I did set SBUS_BAUD_FAST = ON, but the DJI protocol never showed up in BetaFlight (v10.7.0). I had read that there is a corresponding setting on the goggles, but I wasn't able to find it when I was working on it yesterday.

I don't think you will see DJI protocol in BetaFlight ( unless that was just added recently ).  It is purely a CLI option.  The important thing is that you have the goggles and betaflight set to the same "language".  Either sbus, or fast sbus.  If one or the other is not the same, they won't talk to each other.  I think the goggles call the older slow sbus protocol "normal" and the new one "sbus fast".  The easy test is to change the setting in the goggles and see if it fixes your issue.
2020-10-8
Use props
seedjar
lvl.2

United States

I didn't have the goggles in fast SBUS mode. At first it didn't seem to make a difference, but after restarting the FC I'm getting responses on all channels.

Thank you both for your help, it's a huge relief.
~Joe
2020-10-8
Use props
fansa502c70c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142277 ft
Canada

seedjar Posted at 2020-10-8 13:14
I didn't have the goggles in fast SBUS mode. At first it didn't seem to make a difference, but after restarting the FC I'm getting responses on all channels.

Thank you both for your help, it's a huge relief.

how did you reboot your flight controller, I have the GEP-F411-35A AIO FC and im getting same issue as you, no response at all. motors work perfect on maunal in BF and DJI google v2 and remote mode 2 (Black) are borth well binded with te cix vista (Air Unit) and all on same DJI assitant firmware. i need hep, i get no reponse at all when i moce any button or stick on my controller.
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules