fly more combo
2001 6 2020-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
savan dholu
lvl.2

India

[tr][/tr]
I honestly can't believe this. I ordered the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo on April 30, 2020 for $988, with an expected delivery date of May 13 on the following link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 2_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A couple of days ago, the release date changed from May 11 to May 19. I was rightfully frustrated with the situation and contacted DJI and Amazon, confirming that the Mavic Air 2 is indeed set to release on May 11 for $988. Amazon could not do anything.

However, just today, I just found out that Amazon listed another post of the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo at $1049 but with the correct release date of May 11: https://www.amazon.com/DJI-Mavic ... =electronics&sr=1-4

It seems to me that Amazon is charging us more to have the product shipped earlier. Both listings are shipped and sold by Amazon. Is this even allowed? Please, moderators, I implore you to bring this up to DJI employees who deal with sales and retailers and fix this situation.

I don't want to fork out another $60 bucks to get it on the release date that every other retailer is starting to ship on. Best buy has shipped the product even earlier.

I'm extremely frustrated by the situation and all I can do now is wait because switching to another retailer will also lead to a late delivery date because they have run out of their first stock of product.

I'm never going to preorder an item from Amazon again. It seems like Best Buy or DJI is the way to go.

If you have any other information regarding this, please let me know.

Edit: I understand that in the current pandemic situation, Amazon is prioritizing essentials and other stuff. However, I don't believe that they should do this to spread out the deliveries. Just straight up tell me that because of the pandemic, my order might be delayed a couple of days. Done. Clear communication that I would've respected and agreed with.

Edit 2: I believe that this issue is being resolved at the moment, so one of the links above does not work anymore. I'm glad things are getting resolved!

Edit 3: Canceled the Amazon order, called up a local DJI store and they have some in stock. Drove there and got myself one.

Twitter
Facebook

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 8.05.37 PM.png (190.47 KB, Down times: 1)

Amazon basically confirmed that they're increasing the price of the item for the actual release ...

5-10 16:13
Reply [url=]Report[/url]

[tr][/tr]

urbanweb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33963 ft

United Kingdom

2#

1st world problem.  Put things into prospective fella. And maybe post it on amazon’s forum.  I’m more concerned about my family family and friends getting covid19.  Mine may arrive on friday.  If not, oh well.  

5-10 16:25
Reply Upvote 1 Downvote 0 [url=]Report[/url]

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 622575 ft

United States

4#

urbanweb Posted at 5-10 16:25
1st world problem.  Put things into prospective fella. And maybe post it on amazon’s forum.  I’m more concerned about my family family and friends getting covid19.  Mine may arrive on friday.  If not, oh well.

View full quote
I know and I understand the situation and how Amazon is prioritizing essentials, etc... but I don't want to just let Amazon off the hook without an explanation if you know where I'm coming from. I don't know if I'll be able to be home if it arrives on May 21, and I don't want it just hanging around outside for more then a day or two.

Stay safe and healthy though, I wish you the best and hope your life hasn't been affected by Covid too much.

5-10 16:28
Reply Upvote Downvote [url=]Report[/url]

[tr][/tr]

hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 5651886 ft

• >>>

Ireland

5#

Amazon are at fault here, they are clearly profiteering during this pandemic, they have up shipping charges on most if not all items. They are a disgrace.

5-10 16:40
Reply Upvote 1 Downvote 0 [url=]Report[/url]

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

7#

hallmark007 Posted at 5-10 16:40
Amazon are at fault here, they are clearly profiteering during this pandemic, they have up shipping charges on most if not all items. They are a disgrace.

View full quote
Yeah, I believe they wouldn't be able to handle shipping all the products all on May 11, so they're trying to spread out the orders by charging more for earlier shipping. It's so disgusting like wtf.

I'd rather have Amazon tell me, oh we're going to have to delay your order maybe 2-3 days because we're prioritizing essentials. I would have been fine with that. But this ...? No.

5-10 16:45

[tr][/tr]

The Duck
Second Officer

United States

8#

There isn't much essential on Amazon except for maybe masks, gloves, and disinfectant.  It's an excuse to gouge people.   My local CVS sold me masks and gloves along with prescriptions at reasonable prices.  To top it off, they mailed them to me FOR FREE.

Now $60 to get your drone on time.  I won't be buying my Mavic Air 2 from Amazon.  What a racket.

By the way, my local Best Buy has curbside pickup.  Yours might offer this service too.  You can call them to place your order and pick it up if they have received their batch.

5-10 17:08

[tr][/tr]

ryanosaurus
lvl.1

United States

9#

Amazon sells 3rd party companies products too. It’s probably not amazon sold at that price.

5-10 17:10

[tr][/tr]

The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203852 ft

• >>>

United States

10#

couple of questions, are you sure that other listing was not there already when you picked your listing for the less price and same early date?  both listing say they started in April.

also what's the difference between the two model numbers:  CP.MA.00000167.04 and CP.MA.00000167.

5-10 17:23

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

11#

The Duck Posted at 5-10 17:08
There isn't much essential on Amazon except for maybe masks, gloves, and disinfectant.  It's an excuse to gouge people.   My local CVS sold me masks and gloves along with prescriptions at reasonable prices.  To top it off, they mailed them to me FOR FREE.

Now $60 to get your drone on time.  I won't be buying my Mavic Air 2 from Amazon.  What a racket.

View full quote
All the best buys at my location are out of stock until after the 22nd, unfortunately

5-10 17:59

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

12#

ryanosaurus Posted at 5-10 17:10
Amazon sells 3rd party companies products too. It’s probably not amazon sold at that price.

Nope, both are shipped and sold by Amazon

5-10 17:59

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

13#

The Saint Posted at 5-10 17:23
couple of questions, are you sure that other listing was not there already when you picked your listing for the less price and same early date?  both listing say they started in April.

also what's the difference between the two model numbers:  CP.MA.00000167.04 and CP.MA.00000167.

View full quote
I'm not sure about the difference, But i'm nearly sure the other listing was not there, since the only listing there (and the one I picked) had a May 11 release date, and May 13 delivery (2 day prime)

5-10 18:00

[tr][/tr]

The Saint
First Officer

• >>>

United States

14#

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-10 17:59
All the best buys at my location are out of stock until after the 22nd, unfortunately

same here, Best Buy says may 22.  leads me to believe nobody has them before then including our friends at amazon and only the first batches when out on time; maybe that listing is from the first batch and if you use that listing, you still won't get it shipped out tomorrow.  could it have something to do with combo since only that option sports two different dates/prices?

I don't know the amazon process but your listing says:
Date first listed on Amazon        April 26, 2020

and the other listing says:
Date first listed on Amazon        April 28, 2020

5-10 18:19

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

15#

The Saint Posted at 5-10 18:19
same here, Best Buy says may 22.  leads me to believe nobody has them before then including our friends at amazon and only the first batches when out on time; maybe that listing is from the first batch and if you use that listing, you still won't get it shipped out tomorrow.  could it have something to do with combo since only that option sports two different dates/prices?

I don't know the amazon process but your listing says:

View full quote
That's true and I just realized this too. But also, wouldn't it be fairer to sell the Fly more combo at $988 and have a release date of May 11, and then delay orders that pass the amount they have for the first batch? I'm honestly appalled and confused.

I believe best buy just says that it'll ship on the 22nd. not that it'll be released around then. This seems like the logical approach: You ordered a bit later, yours is shipped a bit later.

5-10 18:38

[tr][/tr]

The Saint
First Officer

• >>>

United States

16#

many of us are getting our ma2 drones thru apple.

5-10 20:20

[tr][/tr]

DJI Gamora
Super Moderator

17#

Hi, ICDroneSE. I have replied your last thread.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-214671-1-1.html

5-10 20:52

[tr][/tr]

DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 1037723 ft

United Kingdom

18#

Didn't the US government tell amazon to prioritise essential items only?

5-11 01:58

[tr][/tr]

urbanweb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33963 ft

United Kingdom

19#

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-10 16:28
I know and I understand the situation and how Amazon is prioritizing essentials, etc... but I don't want to just let Amazon off the hook without an explanation if you know where I'm coming from. I don't know if I'll be able to be home if it arrives on May 21, and I don't want it just hanging around outside for more then a day or two.

Stay safe and healthy though, I wish you the best and hope your life hasn't been affected by Covid too much.

View full quote
I get it, strange times for us all, and distractions like new drones are welcome.  Stay safe and well.

5-11 02:03

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

20#

DAFlys Posted at 5-11 01:58
Didn't the US government tell amazon to prioritise essential items only?

I understand that but let me know by delaying a couple days, not by lying about release dates and marking up prices....

5-11 05:45

[tr][/tr]

DiegoToro
lvl.1

United States

21#

Sorry to inform you guys that bestbuy orders that were schedule to deliver on may11 have been delayed till further notice. But even worst they can’t cancel the order  they are offering a refund option but when you get it delivered. I can say Amazon at least gave you the option to cancel the order at any time.

5-11 06:27

[tr][/tr]

The Saint
First Officer

• >>>

United States

22#

wow, another disaster in the making....

5-11 07:43

[tr][/tr]

kels0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 452986 ft

United States

23#

This is not amazons doing, try looking for a nintendo switch for example, massively price gouged (double price). These are resellers on amazon.

5-11 07:59

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

24#

kels0 Posted at 5-11 07:59
This is not amazons doing, try looking for a nintendo switch for example, massively price gouged (double price). These are resellers on amazon.

View full quote
Yes, but take a look at the two links. Both say that they are SHIPPED and SOLD by Amazon. At least it was yesterday. I contacted DJI and they have been sorting things out with Amazon.

5-11 08:01

[tr][/tr]

The Saint
First Officer

• >>>

United States

25#

looks as if the combo entries have all been fixed (removed) on amazon.  clearly they had a problem and good catch, you caught them "attempting" to jack up the price but now it seems like they've pulled it all down.  this was all amazon, not some 3rd party reseller.

5-11 14:53

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

26#

The Saint Posted at 5-11 14:53
looks as if the combo entries have all been fixed (removed) on amazon.  clearly they had a problem and good catch, you caught them "attempting" to jack up the price but now it seems like they've pulled it all down.  this was all amazon, not some 3rd party reseller.

View full quote
Yep! DJI has told me that they have reached out to Amazon to fix the issue. My preorder is still pending a delivery date- they're still sorting things out!

5-11 15:07

[tr][/tr]

Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 1915335 ft

Netherlands

27#

Was it from Amazon or some reseller on Amazon?

5-12 01:08

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

28#

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 01:08
Was it from Amazon or some reseller on Amazon?

Sold and shipped by Amazon

5-12 05:01

[tr][/tr]

Montfrooij
Captain

Netherlands

29#

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-12 05:01
Sold and shipped by Amazon

Oh that is not right.

5-12 05:09

[tr][/tr]

ICDroneSE
Second Officer

United States

30#

Montfrooij Posted at 5-12 05:09
Oh that is not right.

Now they're saying its going May 30 to June 2. I ordered on April 30.... I'm so frustrated

5-12 05:11

Montfrooij
Captain

Netherlands

31#

ICDroneSE Posted at 5-12 05:11
Now they're saying its going May 30 to June 2. I ordered on April 30.... I'm so frustrated

I totally get that.

2020-10-8
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the new drone
2020-10-8
Use props
Montfrooij