Day To Night Timelapse: Too High ISO
759 3 2020-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

Hi,

I'm shooting time-lapses and one thing I noticed is when I do day-to-night motion lapses (or time-lapse), the day photos are great but when night comes, the ISO is cranked way high (to ISO 1600 or 3200). I put 25-second gaps between photos but still when night it shoots at 1/3 or 1/2 shutter speed at maximum. I enabled pro settings on the camera, when the exposure is manual, there is an "auto" option for ISO but there is no for the shutter speed.

It would be nice if I was able to set the shutter speed to auto and the ISO at 100-200. How can I solve this issue? The issue is just on the day-to-night or night-to-day time-lapses, where the light changes too much on a single time-lapse.

How can I solve this issue? Any help will be appreciated. Sorry if I post too much on the forum.

Thanks.
2020-10-8
Use props
MM_Pro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94580 ft
Spain

I'm having the same problem. What i did is stop timelapse and switch to manual when is very dark.
2020-10-8
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MuhlisG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample video of the said issue fro us tio be able to see and assist you. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link on some tips and tricks on DJI Osmo Pocket Night Motion TimeLapse ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193816 ). Thank you.
2020-10-8
Use props
MuhlisG
lvl.4

Turkey

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-8 21:28
Hello there MuhlisG. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please post a sample video of the said issue fro us tio be able to see and assist you. In addition I will post a DJI Forum link on some tips and tricks on DJI Osmo Pocket Night Motion TimeLapse ( https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=193816 ). Thank you.

It's a bit hard to spot it from 1080p video footage but here it goes:

The first photos were taken at 1/400 shutter speed and ISO-400.

But the last photos were taken at 1/2 shutter speed and ISO-3200. All settings are set on auto.
2020-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules