Ronin SC record button not working with Fujifilm XT-30
4790 4 2020-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NfWOz2bv9vDu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17297 ft
United States

Hi I just purchased a new Ronin SC and was excited to use it with my Fujifilim XT-30 camera with X mount 35mm f2.0 lens. Here's what I did:
Updated Ronin SC firmware to 1.5.0.40
Updated Fujifilm XT-30 firmware to 1.30
Went into Fujifilm Connection Setting --> PC Connection Mode --> USB Movie Shooting Auto (I didn't have the USB Teather Shooting Auto option like it showed in the DJI tutorial video)
Connected the USB cable between the camera and the gimbal
Started the gimbal first, then started the camera. Tried it the other way around too.
Reversing the USB cable

With the cable connected and the gimbal on, the record button doesn't work in movie mode or photo mode. But the button on the camera didn't work properly either. Connecting the USB cable and the camera made it almost glitchy, like the on-camera record button would make the camera record for 1 second. Rotating the dial on camera from movie mode to photo mode would not change anything etc.

I know that DJI said XT30 record button is definitely supported. I really want to be able to control the record button from the gimbal, please help.

Thank you.
2020-10-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the trouble on connecting Fujifilm XT-30, may we confirm which cable you are using? Is it Ronin-SC RSS Control Cable for FUJIFILM? If the cable is right, please enter the camera Settings--MOVIE SETTING→MIC/REMOTE RELEASE→REMOTE and then try again.
2020-10-9
Use props
laczkomate
New
Germany

I know this was a year ago but did you manage to solve this issue? I am struggling with the exact same problem for a while now..
2021-10-29
Use props
tendam
New

Netherlands

you need to reverse the cable
2022-11-30
Use props
djiuser_i7DqYU1aBP8b
New

Tanzania

If you have the right cables makes sure you are running the latest firmware