1615 7 2020-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

So, how many times has the BEEPER MODE on your FPV saved you from losing your quad?  I'm new but it's aleady saved me a few times.  Just know you've really got to be on top of it sometimes to hear that beeper.  Often within 10 feet of it before you can actually hear it. Especially, if it's in the brush or weeds.  

2020-10-9
Use props
Tom_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should also be running a ViFly or Hellgate buzzer. They are both louder than the motor beeper and have battery backup in case the main battery ejects and unplugs. In addition to this, you can set pre arm and the beeper switch to the same switch and position. Then your quad will be beeping right before you arm and you will have a warning that the quad can be armed. You need to turn off mode switch activation for the motor beeper for arming to work, but can leave RX loss on so both beepers sound if transmitter signal is lost.
2020-10-9
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tom_A Posted at 10-9 07:23
You should also be running a ViFly or Hellgate buzzer. They are both louder than the motor beeper and have battery backup in case the main battery ejects and unplugs. In addition to this, you can set pre arm and the beeper switch to the same switch and position. Then your quad will be beeping right before you arm and you will have a warning that the quad can be armed. You need to turn off mode switch activation for the motor beeper for arming to work, but can leave RX loss on so both beepers sound if transmitter signal is lost.

Thanks..I appreciate the feedback.  I did see those ViFly & Hellgate buzzer's.   Just haven't gotten that far in my FPV journey.  On my to-do list though.  Hopefully, I get around to it before I lose a quad!  
2020-10-9
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I agree 100% with what Tom A said.

You need a beeper that will still work if you toss a battery.
2020-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2020-10-10
Use props
A J
Captain