Osmo Action rocksteady issue
2031 7 2020-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GGEZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

I have seen that the performance of rocksteady is reduced with the addition of ND filters on the Osmo action. Does anyone have a fix to this? Will this problem matter for FPV?
2020-10-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

There is no way around it, and the problem is not specific to Osmo Action either. The software stabilization techniques like Rocksteady (or Hypersmooth) heavily rely on high shutter speeds to function and anything that hinders that  (ND filters, low light, fixed manual ss etc.) cripples the performance...
2020-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GGEZ. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The DJI Osmo Action uses RockSteady technology to stabilize footage. This EIS technology is realized by increasing the shutter speed, analyzing the images captured by the CMOS sensor, and compensating by cutting off the edges of these images. In this way, multiple frames are overlaid and finally combined into a single frame that is sharp, clear, and accurately exposed. In addition, I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used there DJI Osmo Action on there FPV drones. Thank you.
2020-10-11
Use props
GGEZ
First Officer
United States

Arpettaz Posted at 2020-10-9 12:57
Rocksteady is not great without ND filters

I see
2021-1-24
Use props
GGEZ
First Officer
United States

CemAygun Posted at 2020-10-10 13:22
There is no way around it, and the problem is not specific to Osmo Action either. The software stabilization techniques like Rocksteady (or Hypersmooth) heavily rely on high shutter speeds to function and anything that hinders that  (ND filters, low light, fixed manual ss etc.) cripples the performance...

Yeah
2021-1-24
Use props
GGEZ
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-10-11 19:50
Hello there GGEZ. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. The DJI Osmo Action uses RockSteady technology to stabilize footage. This EIS technology is realized by increasing the shutter speed, analyzing the images captured by the CMOS sensor, and compensating by cutting off the edges of these images. In this way, multiple frames are overlaid and finally combined into a single frame that is sharp, clear, and accurately exposed. In addition, I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots who had used there DJI Osmo Action on there FPV drones. Thank you.

Thanks!
2021-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there GGEZ. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always. ,
2021-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules