PROBLEMA ORIENTAMENTO DRONE - DRONE ORIENTATION PROBLEM
1638 7 2020-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
s45279
lvl.1

Italy

Ciao a tutti,
non riesco a calibrare correttamente la bussola affinchè l'orientamento del drone rispetto al telecomando sia corretto come indicato nell'applicazione dji fly. devo eseguire la calibrazione della bussola in modo particolare? sul display mi indica una posizione quando nella realtà il drone ne ha un'altra.
@Hello everybody,
I cannot correctly calibrate the compass so that the orientation of the drone with respect to the remote control is correct as indicated in the dji fly application do i need to perform compass calibration specifically? the display shows me a position when in reality the drone has another.@

Immagine 2020-10-09 213609.png
2020-10-9
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Try to do a compass calibration of your phone!
Best way is to connect you phone to the controller (leave the controller off) then calibrate your phone compass!!! After that
you put controller on and then the aircraft!

Works for a lot of pilot's....... good luck!
2020-10-9
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Better check if the phone has a magnetic sensor to start with before trying to calibrate something ...
2020-10-9
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Download a free compass app and see if it reports any errors or fails to operate.
Which one of these appears on your screen?

AircraftOrientationIndicatorWarnings.png
no compass.jpg
2020-10-9
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 10-9 14:50
Download a free compass app and see if it reports any errors or fails to operate.
Which one of these appears on your screen?

Hi,

White arrow pointing to = info from drone compass
White arrow position on the 180 forward compass scale = info from mobile device compass

If mobile device compass calibration does not help, try to turn your device the other way into the clamps of the RC.  

PS1 this indicator is not always properly working when the drone is closeby,  fly 10 - 15 meters away in front of you and check indication.
PS2 if arrow is wrongly positioned on the fwd scale (but visible there and not on the back line), than if arrow is directed towards the white dot = craft pointing to the RC, so fly this direction to go home....
cheers
JJB
2020-10-10
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-10 00:40
Hi,

White arrow pointing to = info from drone compass

Next time I fly I’m gonna try reversing my iPhone.
Doug
2020-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there s45279. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Aircraft Orientation Icon is used to know where your DJI Mavic Mini is relative to the RC and what direction it is  pointing. For additional reference please refer to the images posted by GaryDoug on post #4. In addition, please make sure your phone case does not have any magnets embedded in it and make sure that the position permission for the DJI Fly app is enabled on your phone. Thank you.
2020-10-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12445630 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-11 19:57
Hello there s45279. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Aircraft Orientation Icon is used to know where your DJI Mavic Mini is relative to the RC and what direction it is  pointing. For additional reference please refer to the images posted by GaryDoug on post #4. In addition, please make sure your phone case does not have any magnets embedded in it and make sure that the position permission for the DJI Fly app is enabled on your phone. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

What do you mean with your words "the position permission....is enabled"

Wich part of the mobile device does give 'position' information to the flyapp ?

cheers
JJB
2020-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules