Customer service perspective: why does DJI sell product to the public
887 7 2015-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

I waited long and hard for my P3...I gave DJI the benefit of the doubt. I even called tech support just to see how long it would take to set my expectations, I'm not here to complain about that.
I placed a order for a battery, propellers and a battery charger on June 4th and I can't get anyone to give me any clues about my order (Today is June 24). I leave for vacation July 3rd and I thought a full month would be enough time for them to box my items and get them to the east coast.

• I've been waiting over 48 hours for my email response from [url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url]
• Online chat has no help
• phone support doesn't know what to do because they only do tech support.

Why would you offer such a terrible service? Just sell your product to dealers and let them handle the public if you are so terrible at packing boxes...
2015-6-24
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

My battery order is from May 15th.

I guess I'm from the old days of the hobby and it always took me 3-4 weeks to get my stuff from China. I also know that DJI has a demand for this stuff which is off the charts so they are trying to hire people and improve systems as quickly as possible so the left hand and right hand are in sync.

As to why they sell product directly, that's simple. One, many areas don't have dealers or distributors. Two, they make a good margin on such sales.
2015-6-24
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

May 27th here and I'm still pending, I would have the stuff right now if i ordered it from a hobby shop, all the people not placing orders cuz they know they won't get the stuff forever is costing them money, dji makes more money selling the stuff themselves instead of reduced prices for the hobby stores to make a profit, this decision I'm sure is costing dji millions..  
2015-6-24
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If I was the ceo of dji I would be filling orders I can make more on before orders I make less on but I guess that is just me
2015-6-24
Use props
Nick Martin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Buy from a reliable dealer is the lesson to be learnt here!

Nick
2015-6-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-6-25 11:33
If I was the ceo of dji I would be filling orders I can make more on before orders I make less on bu ...

I've brought this up before.

Direct sales, DJI makes full retail price, sells to dealer, DJI sells at wholesale.

Seems logical to me.
2015-6-25
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

And when you'll receive your bird DO NOT crash it! ;)
2015-6-25
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Financially the decision makes perfect sense.

From a customer service and logistic PERSPECTIVE it's a horrible decision for the company to accept orders.

The person who wrote above that a company might want to pack the orders which you are getting the most return from first, understands what I am saying.
2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules