Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone does not seem to power on. No chime no lights
1599 8 2020-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AdamD1122
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11663 ft
United States

Hi all, I'm stuck!!

I have not flow the drone (Mavic Pro) in 3 months. I know, its bad....so hot in AZ, I just put it away!

Anyway, now when I turn the drone on, the chime doesn't sound and the back status lights don't come on. Obviously I'm dead in the water with no hope....what can I do?

I have three batteries. One seems to be fully charged and the other two seem to only charge half way.

I can't imagine all three batteries are the cause. It seems like something more simple, but I don't get it. Could all three batteries not be giving power to the drone?

Is it possible to reset the batteries? Idk....HELP!!!

Thanks!
2020-10-10
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

It is possible that all three batteries can be giving problems at the same time. My best advice would be to try another battery maybe a mate has one or perhaps a dealer nearby. if other batteries work with yr drone then yr batteries are faulty.
2020-10-11
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I just ordered a couple batteries from Amazon. I'll give it a go. Hoping for that to be the fix!!
2020-10-11
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
South Africa

AdamD1122 Posted at 10-11 13:19
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I just ordered a couple batteries from Amazon. I'll give it a go. Hoping for that to be the fix!!

dont forget to set your batteries to discharge after 3 days if not used.
This setting to be found in the dji app under battery settings.

The newer models seem to have a preset in this regard but our older drones must be set manualy..
2020-10-11
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

I recall having mine set to discharge after 10 days. For some reason I think that was default. I might be making that up....

Anyway, the more I think about it, the more I think it has to be three dead batteries. I really have not flown it much in that last 12 months. I also find myself hoping more and more this is the fix because if not, I think I'm really screwed!!!

I'll let you guys know how it ends up. I get the batteries tomorrow....
2020-10-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good luck with the battery situation. My old P4 batteries used to auto-discharge after 10 days, but the M2Z starts much sooner than that.
2020-10-11
Use props
AdamD1122
lvl.2
United States

Hi guys, here's the update: problem solved.

The new batteries solved the problem and the drone powers right up. I have not flown it for a while so I just took off and hovered a few feet above my head and landed.

Too bad those other batteries are dead, but they can't last forever.
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AdamD1122. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro before and it is great to know that you are up and flying again using your new DJI Mavic Pro intelligent flight battery. In addition I will post a link where in you can see the DJI Mavic Pro intelligent flight battery safety guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... tery+Safety+Guides+(EN).pdf ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-10-12
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
South Africa

AdamD1122 Posted at 10-12 11:17
Hi guys, here's the update: problem solved.

The new batteries solved the problem and the drone powers right up. I have not flown it for a while so I just took off and hovered a few feet above my head and landed.

good to hear

The batteries do not last forever but properly taken care of they will last a long time.

I have 2 of 3 original batteries - each flown more than 250 flights over 3 years.

Critical to set yr discharge to not more than  3 days. 10 days is old default but thats probably be the reason yr old batteries failed.

happy flying
2020-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules