871 3 2020-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need the Ronin-S camera upper motor section to be connected to some DJI Tripod battery mount.  Right now, we have to use the full DJI Ronin-S setup then attach that on top of a tripod.  This makes it unstable where it moves from being so tall.  If there is a DJI Tripod battery mount that is video grade ready, or you use an adapter to use the mount as a hotshoe that is wired further away the Ronin-S stick battery, it would be a lot better.   The purpose is so I can look at multiple things like a drone with just gimbal control sticks than to loosen the tripod screws to move the camera to the desired direction then tighten it down on each of the 3-axis.  It would be a lot more rapid and better to be able to just use the Ronin-S  upper section to do all the movements.

When you want to move the camera say 0.125° in a direction or you want 2 more degrees or want to go 45° or even 270°, you have to got through the Whole process.  When you have force mobile and active track, it would make it an option production equipment.  It can get tedious because your roll axis could be a bit off.  This eliminates All of those issues.
2020-10-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for suggestion
2020-10-18
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-18 14:31
+1 for suggestion

I've put the RS2 on top of the heavy tripod and it works fine.
2020-10-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 10-18 16:35
I've put the RS2 on top of the heavy tripod and it works fine.

2020-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules