No GPS info on Media (photo and video files)
3733 8 2020-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168727 ft
Brazil

Hi folks,

I'm using DJI FLY 1.1.10 for iOS devices and I noticed that GPS info (coordinates) are not being recorded in the files (photos or videos).
Does anybody knows if we can set this feature on in the DJI FLY or in the iPhone/iPad to have this info on my media files, so I will be able to see them in MAPs?

I already tried transferring the files from Drone to iPhone via DJI Fly and also direct from my SD Card to my PC, but this info is not present in the files.

Thanks,
Zed_Br
2020-10-11
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Are you sure?  As far as I know, there is no setting to turn it off - it's always on.  It does depend on your viewer to be able to display them.  I use VLC and when I enabled the subtitles (sorry, I'm really tired and it may be a different setting in VLC) the info is displayed on screen.
2020-10-11
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

Today I flew again for more tests. When I downloaded the photos, they were with GPS info, but my videos were not.
I use apple and when I see my photos in Photo APP on iPhone for example, I can search for them in the Apple Maps for example, but the videos that I recorded on my MM I can't, because they are not being downloaded with the GPS info.

2020-10-12
Use props
lacibaci
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

Zed_Br Posted at 10-12 15:33
Today I flew again for more tests. When I downloaded the photos, they were with GPS info, but my videos were not.
I use apple and when I see my photos in Photo APP on iPhone for example, I can search for them in the Apple Maps for example, but the videos that I recorded on my MM I can't, because they are not being downloaded with the GPS info.

The videos should have the location in the subtitles track.
2020-10-12
Use props
Zed_Br
lvl.4
Brazil

lacibaci Posted at 10-12 16:31
The videos should have the location in the subtitles track.

Shouldn't it be added automatically by the DJI FLY APP?
2020-10-12
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Maybe it's an Apply player issue.  Works fine on my using VLC.
2020-10-12
Use props
yoga7
New

United Kingdom

I have the same issue when transferring media to my iPhone
2023-6-22
Use props
yoga7
New

United Kingdom

well, I just got an answer from DJI support :
" For the photos taken by consumer products (Mavic series, Phantom 3 series/Phantom 4 series, Spark, DJI FPV, and DJI Avata), the latitude and longitude coordinates can be viewed in the photo properties (via a computer or EXIF software). If you need to read the longitude and latitude information of the photos using your mobile phone, it is recommended to use third-party EXIF software. "
So apparently Media don't come with Geolocation info tags, so all you can do is use another app to open each individual file, copy the latitude and longitude of the file, open the Apple photo app (or Google Photos) open the same file, edit the file and then add the geolocation manually. Apparently, DJI did not think of this so far. the will let the technician know perhaps for future updates... this is very disappointing
2023-6-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

yoga7 Posted at 6-22 06:59
well, I just got an answer from DJI support :
" For the photos taken by consumer products (Mavic series, Phantom 3 series/Phantom 4 series, Spark, DJI FPV, and DJI Avata), the latitude and longitude coordinates can be viewed in the photo properties (via a computer or EXIF software). If you need to read the longitude and latitude information of the photos using your mobile phone, it is recommended to use third-party EXIF software. "
So apparently Media don't come with Geolocation info tags, so all you can do is use another app to open each individual file, copy the latitude and longitude of the file, open the Apple photo app (or Google Photos) open the same file, edit the file and then add the geolocation manually. Apparently, DJI did not think of this so far. the will let the technician know perhaps for future updates... this is very disappointing

It's not disappointing at all.
The location data is included in the metadata for every image file.
Are you wanting to see it branded across the image?
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules