Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hello everyone,

I have purchased the expensive DJI CrystalSky 7.85 Ultra" and directly out of the box I encounter many problems and failures. I have tested other CrystalSky's and they show exactly the same problems.
So I'm trying to get an idea if it was just coincidence or if all CrystalSky Ultra's are more or less faulty straight from the factory.

I  created this poll so everyone get an idea if these problems are systematic or not.

Please post here you findings...

Multiple choiceVote: ( Up to 4 entry optional ), Total 11 people participate in voting View Poll participants

Voting has ended

20.00% (4)
20.00% (4)
20.00% (4)
15.00% (3)
25.00% (5)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2020-10-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Aeriallive. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-10-13
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 19:22
Hello there Aeriallive. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for creating this poll. I hope that our DJI co pilots can give out there insights with regards to this matter. Thank you.

Hi Stephen, thank you for your message. I'm sorry that I have to do this. But I just want to get an clear idea of the product. I truly believe that such a expensive product for the professional industrie should be flawless in every way. If you look at an iPad Pro you will almost never experience these issues. The only disadvantage of an iPad is the cable.

2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Aeriallive Posted at 10-13 23:56
Hi Stephen, thank you for your message. I'm sorry that I have to do this. But I just want to get an clear idea of the product. I truly believe that such a expensive product for the professional industrie should be flawless in every way. If you look at an iPad Pro you will almost never experience these issues. The only disadvantage of an iPad is the cable.

Hi there Aeriallive. Thank you for the reply and for this valued insights you have shared with us. Rest assured that these information will be cascaded to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again, thank you for your support and understanding.
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

My CS screen is always unresponsive. It really sucks
2020-10-16
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Today I received a replacement of my CS ultra and again frame dropping. I have updated to the latest firmware, still the same issue.

I think DJI have used a to slow CPU for this device. It could have be an great product!
2020-10-16
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Governjob Posted at 10-16 01:14
My CS screen is always unresponsive. It really sucks

I’m sorry for you. I think DJI knows this for a long time, they should call back all devices and replace the product for a better version. This costs money so they will choose there own Wallet over service.  
2020-10-16
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 10-16 10:20
Today I received a replacement of my CS ultra and again frame dropping. I have updated to the latest firmware, still the same issue.

I think DJI have used a to slow CPU for this device. It could have be an great product!

Try turning off in DJI Go4

1) cache during video shooting/ record audio with video shooting
2) histogram
3) peak focus threshold
4) overexposure warning
5) auto sync hd photos

Also play around with the transmission bandwidth, choose Normal mode: 720p 30fps
2020-12-12
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

lannes Posted at 12-12 22:50
Try turning off in DJI Go4

1) cache during video shooting/ record audio with video shooting

Haha, basically what you suggest is making from a professional product a amature product.

Crazy to hear the people accept to switch off functions in order the make it work. The CS should just work fine with every option switched on, otherwise its a faulty product!
2020-12-13
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 12-13 01:20
Haha, basically what you suggest is making from a professional product a amature product.

Crazy to hear the people accept to switch off functions in order the make it work. The CS should just work fine with every option switched on, otherwise its a faulty product!

Unfortunately the CS does not have the most powerful cpu, so we need to turn off some features.
It's mainly the cache during video recording that is causing the cpu performance issues as it's writes to the CS cache while at the same time processing the live video from the AC.
2020-12-13
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

lannes Posted at 12-13 03:34
Unfortunately the CS does not have the most powerful cpu, so we need to turn off some features.
It's mainly the cache during video recording that is causing the cpu performance issues as it's writes to the CS cache while at the same time processing the live video from the AC.

Don't you think it's crazy that you pay so much money for a screen and DJI has put the slowest CPU in the CS they could find?

I have an old iPad Pro 2017 - 10.5" with an A10x CPU. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the Rockwell CPU of the CS came out around 2017. And look at the differences in speed. I paid € 300 second hand for an iPad Pro 2017 and at that time € 550 for a new one. Cheaper than this failing product.

2020-12-13
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Again the CS is at the repair centre. But nothing seems to be wrong with it.... So here is some more proof of the issues I'm having:
2021-2-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 2-8 05:09
Again the CS is at the repair centre. But nothing seems to be wrong with it.... So here is some more proof of the issues I'm having:

Are you using a screen protector that might impact on the sensitivity.
I always use camera settings under the shutter button to make changes, just seems to work better.

Maybe try a cheap stylus
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08 ... e-b610-645e46044e46

2021-2-8
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

lannes Posted at 2-8 23:40
Are you using a screen protector that might impact on the sensitivity.
I always use camera settings under the shutter button to make changes, just seems to work better.

No, and currently I haven't got a CS since beginning of October because it's always at the repair centre of DJI.

If course its possible to use buttons on the remote too. But the screen should work properly as promised don't you think?
2021-2-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Aeriallive Posted at 2-8 23:55
No, and currently I haven't got a CS since beginning of October because it's always at the repair centre of DJI.

If course its possible to use buttons on the remote too. But the screen should work properly as promised don't you think?

I guess you should return the CS and ask for a refund as it's not up to specification.
2021-2-10
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

lannes Posted at 2-10 08:38
I guess you should return the CS and ask for a refund as it's not up to specification.

I'm trying to get this done, but the seller and DJI are keep on replacing the device while I'm just asking my money back. Very frustrating.

Don't forget me wrong, but I love most DJI product! They helping my business in a very good way, except from this product ;)
2021-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules