New TB50 batteries faulty
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

I bought a pair of TB50 batteries from DJI Europe. On opening, I found that both batteries were bulging & had zero charge. I immediately contacted DJI for a refund.

2 weeks later, DJI are still messing me around. I have sent photos, videos & multiple times, DJI have accepted that the batteries are faulty. I asked for refund not replacement as I do not trust the DJI warehouse & DJI appear to be terrible with a simple Sale of Goods act issue.

DJI have sent a carrier label & Return for warranty form. The carrier (rightly) refuses to take damaged & potentially dangerous LiPo batteries, even though DJI lied on the label & called them a drone.

I have since found out that as the batteries have ABCDE labels black on white background that they may be at least 2 years old.

How can I get a refund out of DJI?

2020-10-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Ok your story is not nice to hear.  If you purchased these on your visa card, I would confirm you have options with them.  I got a full refund on a Yunnec drone after 12 months with visa, they did a global charge back to the supplier after I showed them the paper trail.   Since this is recent, you likly in far better position because most visa cards have better coverage for the first 90 days.
My suggestion, call visa/MC/Amex, explian it to them as part of your purchase protecion application and see what they say.  Visa will charge the mercant back the funds so you dont need to feel bad about takign money from Visa (they will get it back from DJI, instantly).

With that said,  DJI really needs to get there act together here,  they are so worried about people takign advantage of them by keepign the battery that they make life hard fro the 99% that dont.
2020-10-12
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 10-12 10:39
Ok your story is not nice to hear.  If you purchased these on your visa card, I would confirm you have options with them.  I got a full refund on a Yunnec drone after 12 months with visa, they did a global charge back to the supplier after I showed them the paper trail.   Since this is recent, you likly in far better position because most visa cards have better coverage for the first 90 days.
My suggestion, call visa/MC/Amex, explian it to them as part of your purchase protecion application and see what they say.  Visa will charge the mercant back the funds so you dont need to feel bad about takign money from Visa (they will get it back from DJI, instantly).

Thanks for your reply

I have raised a complaint with my credit card. There is a big delay there because DJI are not responding to them.
2020-10-12
Use props
FanOfFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983760 ft
Canada

Coojeebear Posted at 10-12 22:38
Thanks for your reply

I have raised a complaint with my credit card. There is a big delay there because DJI are not responding to them.

The good news is they have a dead line, I think its 30 days and if they fail to respond you get a default judgement.
tk
2020-10-13
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

FanOfFlight Posted at 10-13 18:42
The good news is they have a dead line, I think its 30 days and if they fail to respond you get a default judgement.
tk

Here's hoping!
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Coojeebear, sorry for the late response. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been escalated to our supervisor team and the refund has been processed, hope your issue has been resolved. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.
2020-11-4
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-4 05:15
Hi Coojeebear, sorry for the late response. I've managed to get your case number via your forum account, it has been escalated to our supervisor team and the refund has been processed, hope your issue has been resolved. Should there any further concerns, please feel free to let me know. Thanks.

Thank you, I've now received a refund less 1p. I also received £10 credit to the DJI store. I'm not entirely sure why customer service can be so poor as to annoy a customer over 1p. Why not just process a refund? It save on your credit card processing fees too. The £10 store credit is of course useless as I have learnt my lesson about buying direct from DJI.
2020-11-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Coojeebear Posted at 11-11 02:46
Thank you, I've now received a refund less 1p. I also received £10 credit to the DJI store. I'm not entirely sure why customer service can be so poor as to annoy a customer over 1p. Why not just process a refund? It save on your credit card processing fees too. The £10 store credit is of course useless as I have learnt my lesson about buying direct from DJI.

Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused, Coojeebear. I'll forward your voices to the related team, we'll keep moving forward and provide better service to you all. Appreciate your kind understanding.
2020-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules