DNG thumbnails in Finder wider then in LR, Ph and Preview
1892 4 2020-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HansKazan
New

France

Hi All

I've suddenly noticed that the Finder-thumbnails of my DNG images (Mavic2pro) have a wider view then when viewing them in Preview or importing them into Ligthroom (with nothing applied when importing). In the import screen of lightroom the images are as wide as in the thumbnail in Finder, but as soon as I actually import them they get cropped. The dimensions stay the same, the images are just zoomed a bit as though I shot it with a 35mm instead of the 28mm.
This happens on my Imac and my MBP. The lowres copies that are added to the app (DJI GO 4) are good.

I'll add some pictures of a topshot of some hydrodam as an example. Picture 1 shows the thumbnails in Finder, 2 in the import dialogue of Lr and 3 are the images after importing.  
Picture 3 is the same as when I'm looking at the pictures in Preview or Photoshop.
Anybody got any idea?

Kind regards

Hans

1 finder thumbs

1 finder thumbs

2 Lr import screen

2 Lr import screen

3 Lr imported

3 Lr imported
2020-10-12
Use props
HansKazan
New

France

I found it. It's the internal lens correction within the DNG-file, that is automatically applied when importing in Lr or most other programs. Sadly there is no box to (un)check to disable this. Luckily though I found a free Raw-software that does this called RawTherapee. I'll work around the problem using this program. If anybody has any other idea or tip please let me know.  Have a nice day!
2020-10-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing the findings!
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HansKazan Posted at 10-12 08:58
I found it. It's the internal lens correction within the DNG-file, that is automatically applied when importing in Lr or most other programs. Sadly there is no box to (un)check to disable this. Luckily though I found a free Raw-software that does this called RawTherapee. I'll work around the problem using this program. If anybody has any other idea or tip please let me know.  Have a nice day!

Glad you got it sorted
2020-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules