Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

In just a few years this part of The Netherlands is packed with many green power windmills.
Happy that i do not live to close to these ugly horizon polution machines.

cheers
JJB

MA2 pano.png
2020-10-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-12
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

On the other hand, there were no coal-burning plants spewing pollution into the horizon.

On the other other hand, nice 360.
2020-10-12
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

They do stand out!
2020-10-12
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Perhaps your country should invest in wave energy conversion instead...  ROI might take longer, but you've got some ocean to drive it.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_power

Nice video however!
2020-10-12
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

How is Netherlands storing electric power for when the Winds are not blowing.  Or is wind always blowing in Netherlands?

Over here it is not unusually to see Wind power generators not churning.  I hope Netherlands is getting better "Green" from their Wind power generators.  Ours are not all that "Green", from craddle (parts made and assembled) to grave (retired and recyclced).

2020-10-12
Use props
Mortensldk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 132592 ft
Denmark

Thanks for sharing!
2020-10-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 10-12 19:39
How is Netherlands storing electric power for when the Winds are not blowing.  Or is wind always blowing in Netherlands?

Over here it is not unusually to see Wind power generators not churning.  I hope Netherlands is getting better "Green" from their Wind power generators.  Ours are not all that "Green", from craddle (parts made and assembled) to grave (retired and recyclced).

I think that the energy network in the European Union helps that everything is well distributed, balanced ...
2020-10-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for the video!

I once made a video here - in Germany - but I flew there much closer ... It always looks very impressive!
2020-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work man!
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Prairie Chicken Posted at 10-12 13:00
On the other hand, there were no coal-burning plants spewing pollution into the horizon.

On the other other hand, nice 360.

True, we closed aleady many coal burning plants.
My country still have an immense amount of natural gas 'below' the netherlands.
2 problems ; 1) too many little earthquakes, so many houses are ruined  2) CO2 emission must go down.

Green power is the solution.....but imo no nice to see...
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 10-12 19:39

I live in the part of the netherlands where the wind is always blowing....well, almost always  ;-)
2020-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done.    
2020-10-13
Use props
dirkbertie
lvl.3

Germany

fantastic images.
It's very difficult to find a place in the Netherlands where no windmills are! I love the old style mills near Leckerkerk in South-Holland  near Rotterdam.Green power, last week I saw on BBC a film from Australia, the quantitees of coaminesl are there immens, you don't believe it as you didn't see it. All coalmines are in chinese hands.
The consumption of coal in China is terrible high.
2020-10-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 10-13 01:00
2 problems ; 1) too many little earthquakes, so many houses are ruined  2) CO2 emission must go down.

Nicely done JJB.  I think this is one of those situations where you gain (more greener) and lose (less beautiful skylines).  Lots of experimentation ongoing with wave generators (out of sight out of mind) but very expensive to install.
2020-10-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Nice, thanks for sharing JJB
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JJB. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this wonderful video and this wonderful panoramic photo you have captured. Great work and keep on flying.
2020-10-13
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

JJB* Posted at 10-13 01:00

Lots of natural gas here too but it's a big part of the economy so there's resistance to converting to green. I woulnd't mind seeing more of the ugly things.
2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules