Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
controller won't link to phantom 4
438 6 2020-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyBluP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I recently sent in my phantom 4 pro 2.0 for repair, I have just received it back but can't get the phantom 4 pro plus 2.0 controller to link to it. I tried both methods mentioned on YouTube . When I press c1 and c2 and record on controller at same time I sometimes get a long beep and 2 short beeps and sometimes get no beeps but the controller light always stays solid red and does not blink blue . When I click "remote controller linking" in the app on the pro plus 2.0 controller it says "confirm frequency settings" I click ok and nothing happens. Pressing the linking button on the drone with a pen makes the solid red light flash red so that bit seems ok. The problem seems to be with the controller.
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi SkyBluP, sorry for the difficulties on linking. Firstly, please double-check whether the firmware of the RC and the aircraft are consistent.
If the RC made a long beep and 2 short beeps after you initiate the link, please press the Pause Button, wait 3 seconds, then link again with the combination buttons.
Or restart the RC, wait for 10 seconds, then link again.
2020-10-12
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

I have installed DJI assistant app and connected the phantom 4 pro+ 2.0 to my pc and it tells me that the firmware on the drone is v01.00.5200

when I connect the controller to wifi it tells me there is a new firmware update called v01.00.5200 (isnt this just the name of a firmware for the actual drone not the controller?) I click download it on the app and it downloads it and then after download it gets to about 5% and fails with a msg saying "update failed. collect error info and to report to DJI Support?"

when I press no it then says, "update failed. restart the equipment and try again later. Reason:aircraft disconnected. Reconnect to continue again."

so I guess it doesnt realise i already have that firmware on my drone (I updated to that firmware using dji assistant 2 a while back)

how do I check what the firmware on my controller is? I can see on downloads section on website there is a download for firmware 01.00.04.00

when I go into general settings in dji go 4 and then click 'about' it tells me:

app: 4.3.14
aircraft: Check for updates N/A
Precise Fly Safe Database (App): Check for updates 01.00.01.18
Basic Fly Safe Database: Check for updates 01.00.01.09
Flight Controller SN: N/A
Remote Controller SN: N/A

"If the RC made a long beep and 2 short beeps after you initiate the link, please press the Pause Button, wait 3 seconds, then link again with the combination buttons."

I tried this but every time I retry the combination of buttons all im getting is one long beep and two short beeps. and the light on the controller stays solid red.

edit: I went into the android settings on the controller and clicked on 'Update' It tells me I have version V0.4.4.2 and when I click 'Check for updates' it doesnt seem to find any.

2020-10-13
Use props
JetSam
Captain
Flight distance : 2489482 ft
Spain

SkyBluP Posted at 10-13 09:19
Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

I have installed DJI assistant app and connected the phantom 4 pro+ 2.0 to my pc and it tells me that the firmware on the drone is v01.00.5200

Step 1 turn on controller, tablet, and drone

Step 2 get to the camera view on app even if it says disconnected

Step 3 go to the three dots in top right hand corner, go to controller icon and select rc sync.

Step 4 when u hear beeps press the Amber light in between SD card and usb connector for drone.

Step 5 should be synced

2020-10-13
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 10-13 10:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJod8yqB0Sw

I tried that, it's called 'remote controller linking' in my app not RC sync. And when I click it it says 'confirm frequency settings?' and when I click ok nothing happens. I guess the version of DJI go 4 is slightly different on the pro plus 2.0 controller. It doesn't do what the YouTube videos show.
2020-10-13
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Am I gonna have to return everything to DJI ?
2020-10-14
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.2
United Kingdom

SkyBluP Posted at 10-14 20:44
Am I gonna have to return everything to DJI ?

I guess I should just open a help ticket.
2020-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules