controller won't link to phantom 4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkyBluP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United Kingdom

Hello, I recently sent in my phantom 4 pro 2.0 for repair, I have just received it back but can't get the phantom 4 pro plus 2.0 controller to link to it. I tried both methods mentioned on YouTube . When I press c1 and c2 and record on controller at same time I sometimes get a long beep and 2 short beeps and sometimes get no beeps but the controller light always stays solid red and does not blink blue . When I click "remote controller linking" in the app on the pro plus 2.0 controller it says "confirm frequency settings" I click ok and nothing happens. Pressing the linking button on the drone with a pen makes the solid red light flash red so that bit seems ok. The problem seems to be with the controller.
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SkyBluP, sorry for the difficulties on linking. Firstly, please double-check whether the firmware of the RC and the aircraft are consistent.
If the RC made a long beep and 2 short beeps after you initiate the link, please press the Pause Button, wait 3 seconds, then link again with the combination buttons.
Or restart the RC, wait for 10 seconds, then link again.
2020-10-12
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

I have installed DJI assistant app and connected the phantom 4 pro+ 2.0 to my pc and it tells me that the firmware on the drone is v01.00.5200

when I connect the controller to wifi it tells me there is a new firmware update called v01.00.5200 (isnt this just the name of a firmware for the actual drone not the controller?) I click download it on the app and it downloads it and then after download it gets to about 5% and fails with a msg saying "update failed. collect error info and to report to DJI Support?"

when I press no it then says, "update failed. restart the equipment and try again later. Reason:aircraft disconnected. Reconnect to continue again."

so I guess it doesnt realise i already have that firmware on my drone (I updated to that firmware using dji assistant 2 a while back)

how do I check what the firmware on my controller is? I can see on downloads section on website there is a download for firmware 01.00.04.00

when I go into general settings in dji go 4 and then click 'about' it tells me:

app: 4.3.14
aircraft: Check for updates N/A
Precise Fly Safe Database (App): Check for updates 01.00.01.18
Basic Fly Safe Database: Check for updates 01.00.01.09
Flight Controller SN: N/A
Remote Controller SN: N/A

"If the RC made a long beep and 2 short beeps after you initiate the link, please press the Pause Button, wait 3 seconds, then link again with the combination buttons."

I tried this but every time I retry the combination of buttons all im getting is one long beep and two short beeps. and the light on the controller stays solid red.

edit: I went into the android settings on the controller and clicked on 'Update' It tells me I have version V0.4.4.2 and when I click 'Check for updates' it doesnt seem to find any.

2020-10-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

SkyBluP Posted at 10-13 09:19
Hello, thank you for the quick reply.

I have installed DJI assistant app and connected the phantom 4 pro+ 2.0 to my pc and it tells me that the firmware on the drone is v01.00.5200

Step 1 turn on controller, tablet, and drone

Step 2 get to the camera view on app even if it says disconnected

Step 3 go to the three dots in top right hand corner, go to controller icon and select rc sync.

Step 4 when u hear beeps press the Amber light in between SD card and usb connector for drone.

Step 5 should be synced

2020-10-13
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JetSam Posted at 10-13 10:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJod8yqB0Sw

I tried that, it's called 'remote controller linking' in my app not RC sync. And when I click it it says 'confirm frequency settings?' and when I click ok nothing happens. I guess the version of DJI go 4 is slightly different on the pro plus 2.0 controller. It doesn't do what the YouTube videos show.
2020-10-13
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Am I gonna have to return everything to DJI ?
2020-10-14
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SkyBluP Posted at 10-14 20:44
Am I gonna have to return everything to DJI ?

I guess I should just open a help ticket.
2020-10-16
Use props
HarryUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42510 ft

United Kingdom

SkyBluP Posted at 2020-10-13 21:47
I tried that, it's called 'remote controller linking' in my app not RC sync. And when I click it it says 'confirm frequency settings?' and when I click ok nothing happens. I guess the version of DJI go 4 is slightly different on the pro plus 2.0 controller. It doesn't do what the YouTube videos show.

I've got exactly the same problem as SkyBluP described and this is with a controller I just bought.
Has anyone found a solution?
SkyBluP, how was your problem sorted?
2021-10-13
Use props
SkyBluP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HarryUK Posted at 10-13 13:20
I've got exactly the same problem as SkyBluP described and this is with a controller I just bought.
Has anyone found a solution?
SkyBluP, how was your problem sorted?

I sent everything back to DJI and they confirmed that the controller was faulty and replaced it.
2021-10-13
Use props
HarryUK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42510 ft

United Kingdom

SkyBluP Posted at 10-13 20:10
I sent everything back to DJI and they confirmed that the controller was faulty and replaced it.

Thank you SkyBluP! Your reply is much appreciated.
I'll have to return my controller also. What's interesting is that your problem in this thread is replicated with my controller in every detail that for a moment I thought I'd got your controller!
Cheers,
2021-10-13
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, I have the same problem! But I bought a second-hand Phantom 4 with no controller so bought a second-hand controller but have never been able to link them. "Check frequency settings" it did link once making the propellers turn but that's it, I've never been able to fly or see from the camera.
Awesome...
2-25 02:50
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

The controller is GL300C so it's the right one..
2-25 02:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mick Johno Posted at 2-25 02:50
Hi, I have the same problem! But I bought a second-hand Phantom 4 with no controller so bought a second-hand controller but have never been able to link them. "Check frequency settings" it did link once making the propellers turn but that's it, I've never been able to fly or see from the camera.
Awesome...

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble. Can you please follow the steps below? Feel free to skip some if was already done.
1. Ensure that the correct app is downloaded which is the DJI Go 4. You can download it here: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/djiapp/dji-go-4
2. Please check whether the aircraft has a microSD card. If yes, remove the microSD card and try linking again.
3. Please switch the linking method between “Linking with the app” and “Linking with combination buttons”.
C1 Button + C2 Button + Record Button + Camera Setting Dial
4. If the issue persists, please check whether the remote controller has been updated to the latest version. Connect the remote controller to the app Check whether there is a prompt to update the firmware. If yes, update the firmware to the latest version and try linking again.
5. Please connect the aircraft to the computer, check the aircraft firmware version in the DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom, and try linking after updating and refreshing the aircraft’s firmware to the latest version. Here is where to download the software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... t-dji-2-for-phantom
Have a great day ahead.
2-25 03:52
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for that, already done all those steps except #5 which is where I hit a brick wall. I don't know how to download Assistant 2, whenever I try like going to the link you put up, all I find is the assistant release notes pdf..?
When I connect the controller to my phone the app doesn't say update required. Is it a problem with my phone? I'm using an OPPO A9 2020
One thing, in the app DJI go4 at the start when selecting the drone it only has Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro/Pro V2 there's no option for just the P4 don't know if that matters..
2-27 03:51
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mick Johno Posted at 2-27 03:51
Thanks for that, already done all those steps except #5 which is where I hit a brick wall. I don't know how to download Assistant 2, whenever I try like going to the link you put up, all I find is the assistant release notes pdf..?
When I connect the controller to my phone the app doesn't say update required. Is it a problem with my phone? I'm using an OPPO A9 2020
One thing, in the app DJI go4 at the start when selecting the drone it only has Phantom 4 Advanced/Pro/Pro V2 there's no option for just the P4 don't know if that matters..

Hi. You need to select software depending on what operating system are you using.

Please keep us posted so we can assist you further.
2-27 22:12
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

Ok so I kinda got somewhere but still dramas. I managed to download assistant 2 for phantom, connected the drone to the computer & it looks like the firmware needs updating so I did that. It gets right to the end of the update & then says update failed everytime. I tried about 5 times unsuccessfully.. what now?
Mick
2-28 07:46
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

Also, I did connect the drone to controller briefly at one point today without propellers on which I've done before once or twice. Pulled the sticks down to the middle, the spun, then pushed up & it sounded like it wanted to fly but still no visual from the camera but I put the props on & then it was disconnected. Haven't been able to connect again.
Also in assistant there was a button to reset to factory settings so I did that which completed but made no difference & didn't help the upgrading/updating..
2-28 07:53
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-27 22:12
Hi. You need to select software depending on what operating system are you using.
[view_image]
Please keep us posted so we can assist you further.

Hi Tony, did you see my last 2 messages?
I'm out of options..
2-29 04:56
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mick Johno Posted at 2-29 04:56
Hi Tony, did you see my last 2 messages?
I'm out of options..

Hi there. Have you already ensured that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50 percent before updating? Also, while updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail. While updating, the device may automatically reboot several times. When rebooting, it is normal for the remote controller or the aircraft to disconnect automatically. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process. Have a nice day.
3-2 01:12
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

Yeah mate always have a full charge or close to it on both drone & controller. Never disconnect them & tried many times..
3-2 04:06
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

It always gets to 100% on the update then says update failed..
3-2 04:07
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-2 01:12
Hi there. Have you already ensured that the battery level of the device (remote controller or aircraft) is above 50 percent before updating? Also, while updating, do not power off the aircraft or disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the update may fail. While updating, the device may automatically reboot several times. When rebooting, it is normal for the remote controller or the aircraft to disconnect automatically. Do nothing before the update is completed to avoid affecting the normal updating process. Have a nice day.

I take it there's nothing else to try..?
Will DJI even help me at all coz I bought these second hand? I guess I just wasted my money..?
3-2 04:11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mick Johno Posted at 3-2 04:11
I take it there's nothing else to try..?
Will DJI even help me at all coz I bought these second hand? I guess I just wasted my money..?

Hi there. Just to confirm, is your drone a Phantom 4 or a Phantom 4 Pro? If it's a Phantom 4 Pro you can submit it a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.
3-3 02:08
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

No it's just a Phantom 4
3-3 04:30
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

This is driving me nuts! I just flew it today, I got the controller briefly connected, flew it inside the house for about 10-20 seconds, then it wanted to land so I landed it & it didn't want to go again. Now I can't even connect it again like before. Full charge on batteries too & still never had camera vision..
3-3 04:33
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 3-3 02:08
Hi there. Just to confirm, is your drone a Phantom 4 or a Phantom 4 Pro? If it's a Phantom 4 Pro you can submit it a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day ahead.

Not sure if it makes a difference but I keep typing in the comment section rather than clicking on reply to your message..
3-3 04:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mick Johno Posted at 3-3 04:30
No it's just a Phantom 4

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 4 and its accessories starting on July 15, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We appreciate your understanding.
3-3 19:11
Use props
Mick Johno
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-3 19:11
Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the DJI Phantom 4 and its accessories starting on July 15, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. We appreciate your understanding.

Haha that's awesome, you tried to help until you couldn't anymore then pull this excuse out. This whole experience hasn't put me off DJI much at all..
Cheers
3-3 19:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mick Johno Posted at 3-3 04:34
Not sure if it makes a difference but I keep typing in the comment section rather than clicking on reply to your message..

Hi, Mick. As much as we want to help, it seems the problem cannot be resolved remotely and needs to be repaired however, the Phantom 4 is no longer supported since July 15, 2023. Relevant accessories for this product are already out of stock. Please refer to DJI Paladin's answer. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
3-4 03:05
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Mick Johno Posted at 3-3 19:30
Haha that's awesome, you tried to help until you couldn't anymore then pull this excuse out. This whole experience hasn't put me off DJI much at all..
Cheers

Hi. We're sorry that we do not have better solutions at the moment. We recommend using DJI Mini 4 Pro which enables more features, better experience, and significant performance improvement. Thank you for your understanding.
3-6 22:48
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules