Individual Hyperlapse Photos
4655 7 2020-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chaosrain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88317 ft
United States

When my MA2 finishes a directional hyperlapse shot, it immediately creates a video and saves that to the SD card.  How can I get the original images which made up the hyperlapse?  Is there a setting which would save them alongside the completed video?
2020-10-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You just need to turn it on.

2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Go into the camera profile settings in the fly app and enable the individual shots to be saved to the cache before starting the HL
2020-10-13
Use props
chaosrain
lvl.1
United States

I don't have those settings.  I use an iPad Mini 3 as my control device.  I take off and hover, switch the drone to Hyperlapse mode and then go to the Camera settings.  This is what I see and I don't see either of the options that were suggested:

2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chaosrain. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 3 ) that you are using on your DJI Mavic Air 2  and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and for the application. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 3  will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly  application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2.  For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

2020-10-13
Use props
fans2fd22fb8
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 20:58
Hello there chaosrain. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? After checking the said mobile device ( iPad Mini 3 ) that you are using on your DJI Mavic Air 2  and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and for the application. There is a possibility that the iPad Mini 3  will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly  application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2.  For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

[view_image]

OK.  I'll connect my Pixel 4 as a control device and share those pictures.

It is interesting that DJI's official response is "we don't support that device."  So, what you're saying is that you actually disable certain features on unsupported devices?  I was asking for guidance on a settings change and commented that my settings don't show the options available to others.

Can someone from DJI confirm that some settings are hidden on unsupported devices?
2020-10-14
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

It could be you need to set "Photo Type" to "RAW" while in hyperlapse mode. I checked my previous takes and they are all "DNG" type files in a folder separate from the DCIM. The folder containing the individual still photos for the hyperlapse has the form "100_XXXX" where "XXXX" is the same number as the video for the hyperlapse.
2020-10-14
Use props
fans2fd22fb8
lvl.1
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 10-14 08:51
It could be you need to set "Photo Type" to "RAW" while in hyperlapse mode. I checked my previous takes and they are all "DNG" type files in a folder separate from the DCIM. The folder containing the individual still photos for the hyperlapse has the form "100_XXXX" where "XXXX" is the same number as the video for the hyperlapse.

OK!  Figured it out.  Hyperlapse photos aren't in the app, but are available on the drone or on the SD card in the DCIM folder within a HYPERLAPSE folder.  Apparently the selection of OFF/JPG/RAW controls whether those photos are stored and in what format.
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules