Mavic2 crash log file
649 9 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

Hi

I was flying my Mavic 2 in the mountains. When the mavic was just above the peak, I got a battery warning and a RTH popup which I cancelled cuz I wanted to return home manually. RIght after I had clicked CANCEL, I lost signal. The Mavic was still above the peak and it could have returned home at that altitude without any obsticles (RTH altitude was set to KEEP CURRENT ALTITUDE). But instead of comming home, it tried to land. The video on the mavic shows that it declined a bit and was then hovering about 5 minutes close to a rock which was apparentely not adequate to land. After 5 minutes there is no more video data and evetually I found the Mavic about 50m below that spot where it apparetly crashed.

I started an RMA process and got an avaluation of the log file:

• Low Battery (26%) RTH request popped up in the APP, which was cancelled by the pilot 4 seconds later
  • FailSafe RTH was triggered due to the loss of remote signal
  • 4 seconds later Landing was triggered due to critically low battery

So my question is, why did the MAvic initate the landing process having still about 25% of battery? What is the default vaulue for that cuz I dont remmeber changing that value.
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Best if you like to get some help, upload your flightlog  using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Put that upload link on here.

If at 25% a RTH was initiated, this means 25% is needed to fly home and land safely.RTH cancelled, than it is weird to have a Critical power landing at 24 or 25% percent...

But guessing is bad to do, only data analysis (with the aid of your log) will, almost always, explain what happend.

cheers
JJB
2020-10-13
Use props
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

JJB* Posted at 10-13 03:26
Hi,

Best if you like to get some help, upload your flightlog  using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

the Mavic is currently at the DJI service center, including remote control, so I dont have access to the log files...
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bugger Posted at 10-13 03:36
the Mavic is currently at the DJI service center, including remote control, so I dont have access to the log files...

Hope you get it back soon
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bugger Posted at 10-13 03:36

Log files are on your mobile device

in the link is a description how to find it
2020-10-13
Use props
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

JJB* Posted at 10-13 04:26
Log files are on your mobile device

in the link is a description how to find it

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/F4GOCXOAAFAEBN80WCXS

when I lost video downlink at 8:33 I tried to fly higher and 16 seconds later the downlink could be restored. But then the Mavic ran into landing mode (battery 16%) and so I lost it for good...
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

At distance out of 557 a countdown for batt RTH, 26% enough for fly home and land safely.
You decidedto fly on and even further away from HP.
After the disconnect at 649! meters and 16% batt level not enough to fly home/land, so it entered an autolanding.

But even without a disconnect you had lost your MP2, no juice to fly home+land. Mayby a controlled landing far from home.

So no errors in your drone, hard lesson to loose your MP2.

cheers
JJB

2020-10-13
Use props
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

JJB* Posted at 10-13 05:30
Hi,

At distance out of 557 a countdown for batt RTH, 26% enough for fly home and land safely.

this was the second flight with this battery, so I didnt start with 100%.
I wanted to complete the video around the peak - 16% would have been more than enough to decent and RTH.

So at 16% the Mavic didnt go into RTH mode but started the landing process instead, and I couldnt prevent that cuz I lost connection right at that moment.
The mavic then descended behind the peak where no communication was possible. It eventually descended until a certain spot where it was hovering a few minutes until it ran out of power. I dont really understand why it didn't descent further until it could have landed safely...

maybe I could learn more about that in the last video the Mavic shot, but unfortunately it doesnt play. There are now 3 files with extensions avi, trinf and avc1. I read that you could put the SD with these files into the Mavic again and it would complete the video file. Maybe someone here could do that for me, I uploaded the files here https://transferxl.com/08vc5x8fp5tPP1
2020-10-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bugger Posted at 10-13 06:05
this was the second flight with this battery, so I didnt start with 100%.
I wanted to complete the video around the peak - 16% would have been more than enough to decent and RTH.

Mayby ....

If i roughly calculate ; about 200 seconds needed to fly home and land, about 5% batt drain per 60 secs = 200/60*5=16,6 % batt usage. 16% when autoland started....
But you could be right, we will never know.

Have no idea why it hovered behind that peak....unsuitable for landing, waiting for a RC command i guess

Your log tells a different story  you said "RIght after I had clicked CANCEL, I lost signal. "
RTH Count down cancelled at 6m24s at 574 meter, with roll and you input you flew further...
At 8m24 the 15.8 seconds disconnect at 645 meters. See chart ; blue line * (flying arond the peak) is the move path after canceling the RTH countdown.
* i stopped to early to color the line blue, rest is blue too

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bugger. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and it is great to know that the said DJI Drone is currently at our DJI service center. Rest assured that our DJI Support Team will do there best to check the said issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules