Lack of CrystalSky Cendence debugging options
746 6 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Gfku6lwX2MUy
lvl.2

Denmark

Hey guys

I'm working on an android application using the mobile SDK, how ever, the application now needs to be ported from the DJI Mavic 2 controller to the CrystalSky tablet in combination with a Cendence controller.

This poses a problem seeing as I have earlier been using Logcat as the go to debugging tool during development in order to know why and when the application had problems.
Now, upon switching hardware, my only choice seems to be using the main USB-C port found at the bottom of the CrystalSky in order to connect to the Cendence controller...

How ever

Android studio is unable to connect with the CrystalSky through any other ports on the CrystalSky except the main USB-C port found at the bottom of the CrystalSky.

(NOT TRUE; see edit)
I can connect the CrystalSky to the Cendence controller through a Micro USB on the left side of the CrystalSky, how ever, the CrystalSKy losses connection with the Cendence as soon as I then try to plug in the USB-C to USB connection with the PC.

In summation:
I am only able to connect my PC with my CrystalSky through the sole USB-C port in the CrystalSky. (NOT TRUE; see edit)

I am able to connect my CrystalSky with the Cendence through a Micro USB port on the left side of the CrystalSky, how ever, when I then plug the cable from the USB-C of the CrystalSky into the USB of my PC, the CrystalSky losses connection with the Cendence controller.

How can I handle debugging of the application that I'm developing (which needs a constant connection with the aircraft) if the only connection port I'm allowed to use is the single USB-C port?

(EDIT)
I seem to be able to connect both to the PC and the Cedence through both the USB-C port AND the Micro USB port on the CrystalSky..
How ever, when I connect the USB-C cable to anything, what ever is connected at the other end of the USB-C cable takes presidence above what ever is connected, effectively negating the usage of more than one connection point at any given time.

Thus the problem of, how to debug throughout development persists..
Any help is appreciated.

Kindly
Andreas

2020-10-13
Use props
lkandroid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17982 ft
China

try WiFi abd
2020-10-13
Use props
djiuser_Gfku6lwX2MUy
lvl.2

Denmark

Great alternative!
But sadly I am unable to root the Crystal Sky
2020-10-14
Use props
kv886
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Why do you need to root the Crystal sky?
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_Gfku6lwX2MUy
lvl.2

Denmark

kv886 Posted at 10-15 00:19
Why do you need to root the Crystal sky?

Because the developers behind WiFi abd says that the used device must be rooted in order to function.
2020-10-15
Use props
lkandroid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17982 ft
China

no need root,actually u just let it connected to the same WIFI is enough,if you no sure about that just try it,that can tell you!search Google  “adb WiFi no root”
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_Gfku6lwX2MUy
lvl.2

Denmark

lkandroid Posted at 10-15 18:47
no need root,actually u just let it connected to the same WIFI is enough,if you no sure about that just try it,that can tell you!search Google  “adb WiFi no root”

Thanks a ton!
I had totally given up on the ADB solution!
Everything is in working order now!
Thanks to you!
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules