Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markm2ad.ca
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006342 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Greetings flyers,
  Recently developed some artificats in my footage and DNG photos on my Phantom 4. I see that DJI has discontinued all support for this model and that it implemented a DNG cleaner (which doesn't work for this issue) but I was wondering if anyone has previously solved this problem.

The artifacts show up as little seams vertically on the image, hard to see if you're not looking for them but really apparent on 4K footage.

I'm fairly certain this is a sensor issue on the camera unit but can't find any content in the forums on how to properly clean your sensors. I do like this rig a lot, and although I'll most likely upgrade that probably won't be until next year so any help or DIY vids on how to clean a Phantom 4 sensor would be most helpful!

Cheers,

~ Moxie Aerials
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there markm2ad.ca. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are experiencing this issue on your DJI Phantom 4. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.
2020-10-15
Use props
markm2ad.ca
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 21:46
Hello there markm2ad.ca. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are experiencing this issue on your DJI Phantom 4. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you.

Thanks Stephen I will most certainly contact them, but sending my rig away for a few months is not worth it if it's a simple cleaning of components that's required.

Or even if it's just replacing the camera unit.

I think many of us DJI operators who have been around a while should be able to handle some intermediate level maintenance without destroying the equipment.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you able to post a sample of the video
2020-10-16
Use props
markm2ad.ca
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

A J Posted at 10-16 09:49
Are you able to post a sample of the video

If you look at the attached still in the thread you can see the vertical "pin-striping".

I tried posting a link to the footage but most online players downgrade the quality so it's harder to see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2a2la5lp0eshzz/DJI_0034.MOV?dl=0

It's really distracting at 4K and no amount of denoise or remove artifact can get rid of it. Pretty sure the sensor needs to be cleaned but just not sure how to go about doing that myself.
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markm2ad.ca Posted at 10-16 10:15
If you look at the attached still in the thread you can see the vertical "pin-striping".

I tried posting a link to the footage but most online players downgrade the quality so it's harder to see:

I agree that doesn't look too good - most definitely return it to your nearest service centre
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

markm2ad.ca Posted at 10-16 08:06
Thanks Stephen I will most certainly contact them, but sending my rig away for a few months is not worth it if it's a simple cleaning of components that's required.

Or even if it's just replacing the camera unit.

Hi there markm2ad.ca. Thank you for the reply and thank you for these information you have give. I definitely understand how you feel with regards to this matter. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules