Battery Error Message
1259 11 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hello guys! A few days ago I received my original battery of P4 (5870 mah). New. So I charged 100% one day before the flight. While flying, I checked all the cells and were OK, full charged 17V. But almost arriving 30% battery low, showed a message on app "Battery Error", and I was a little worried. After that, I landed the drone with no problem. Could you help what suppost to be? It's the first flight that I had done with this new battery. Below the message on app and on airdata too.

App

App

Airdata

Airdata
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there allyssongemelli. I am sorry for the inconvenience and to know that you are having issues with the new battery of your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Can you please try to perform the firmware update of your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced together with the said battery to see if you still receive the same exact error message. After the firmware is updated for both RC and AC please try to restart your aircraft multiple times to see if the error message would disappear? Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.
2020-10-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome allyssongemelli , make sure the contacts of battery and Drone are clean
2020-10-13
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 21:44
Hello there allyssongemelli. I am sorry for the inconvenience and to know that you are having issues with the new battery of your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced. Can you please try to perform the firmware update of your DJI Phantom 4 Advanced together with the said battery to see if you still receive the same exact error message. After the firmware is updated for both RC and AC please try to restart your aircraft multiple times to see if the error message would disappear? Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.

Yesterday I flew a little, until arrive 15% battery. It didn't show no error message, thanks God. So I waited to cool down, and charged 100%. Today I wanna try again and make sure to be normal.

I'll keep update guys
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

allyssongemelli Posted at 10-14 04:05
Yesterday I flew a little, until arrive 15% battery. It didn't show no error message, thanks God. So I waited to cool down, and charged 100%. Today I wanna try again and make sure to be normal.

I'll keep update guys

Good to read that it seems to have been a little glitch. Sometimes these batteries take a few charges to settle in
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

allyssongemelli Posted at 10-14 04:05

I'll keep update guys

Hi there allyssongemelli. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have shared. Kindly please keep us posted and fly safe always.
2020-10-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 00:49
Hi there allyssongemelli. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have shared. Kindly please keep us posted and fly safe always.

I tried another day, and thanks God, no issue. The cells are good, well balanced, and no problema. Also I analyzed on airdata.com, that shows a lot of information. Thanks guys!
2020-10-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

allyssongemelli Posted at 10-19 05:02
I tried another day, and thanks God, no issue. The cells are good, well balanced, and no problema. Also I analyzed on airdata.com, that shows a lot of information. Thanks guys!

You're welcome
2020-10-19
Use props
Scarves UP
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Glad its worked out!
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

allyssongemelli Posted at 10-19 05:02
I tried another day, and thanks God, no issue. The cells are good, well balanced, and no problema. Also I analyzed on airdata.com, that shows a lot of information. Thanks guys!

Hi there allyssongemelli. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. It is great to know that there is no more issues and everything is great. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2020-10-21
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

A J Posted at 10-14 07:45
Good to read that it seems to have been a little glitch. Sometimes these batteries take a few charges to settle in

I am with AJ,  new flight batteries need a few cycles to settle in.... 3 to 5 cycles usually does it.

But those first few flights should be done carefully, and only run down to 30-40%......JMHO

Aerial Traffic
Randy
2020-11-4
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 11-4 10:20
I am with AJ,  new flight batteries need a few cycles to settle in.... 3 to 5 cycles usually does it.

But those first few flights should be done carefully, and only run down to 30-40%......JMHO

Yeah, I typically land with around 30% remaining on my first few flights with a brand new battery. Then 15-20% thereafter if no probs.
2020-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules