MagSafe Iphone 12 max
12Next >
49210 76 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRlib
lvl.1

United States

So will the New Iphone Max 12 with Magsafe work with the OM4?
2020-10-13
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180 ft
Bulgaria

I'm wondering 'about the same thing. Mine OM4 is brand new, not updating and etc., and I'm contemplating the 12 Pro Max.
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DRlib. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.
2020-10-13
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 22:18
Hello there DRlib. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

I wonder if the clamp will wok with the magnets in the phone?
2020-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gorko Posted at 10-13 22:25
I wonder if the clamp will wok with the magnets in the phone?

Its glass backed so you can't use the adhesive mount, and the internal magnets they showed in the video were tiny.
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will be interesting to see
2020-10-14
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 10-14 00:06
Its glass backed so you can't use the adhesive mount, and the internal magnets they showed in the video were tiny.

Tiny but many. If they are strong enough to securely hold accessories on the back of the phone, I have my concerns. I think we'll be OK if the polarity of the magnets in the phone is right so the phone stays in the clamp and not pushing itself away from it.
2020-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Gorko Posted at 10-14 03:47
Tiny but many. If they are strong enough to securely hold accessories on the back of the phone, I have my concerns. I think we'll be OK if the polarity of the magnets in the phone is right so the phone stays in the clamp and not pushing itself away from it.

I don't think I would trust that whilst moving with the camera.
2020-10-15
Use props
HazeErie
New
United States

I don't see why DJI couldn't make a MagSafe compatible mounting plate for the adhesive mount. That would be a great compromise.
2020-10-16
Use props
camerabot
lvl.1
United States

Gorko Posted at 10-13 11:37
I'm wondering 'about the same thing. Mine OM4 is brand new, not updating and etc., and I'm contemplating the 12 Pro Max.

Me too. I really want it to work. Looking to get the iPhone 12 pro. Wondering if MagSafe will be an issue.
2020-10-17
Use props
camerabot
lvl.1
United States

So it won’t work with the 12 pro max, but will it work with the Regular 12 pro?
2020-10-17
Use props
camerabot
lvl.1
United States

Hello there DRlib. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

2020-10-17
Use props
Gorko
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DAFlys Posted at 10-15 01:43
I don't think I would trust that whilst moving with the camera.

The magnet in the clamp is strong and its field penetrates the clamp itself on the inner side (the side of the phone) and if the magnets for MagSafe have the reverse polarity, and we have +/+ or -/-, the phone will push itself away from the clamp. We'll see. They still sell OM3, so if there are magnetic problems with the max, it's an option.
2020-10-18
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

I hope it does otherwise I will need to sell my OM4 which is outside the return window. DJI really needs to stop being silent on this issue. I would be surprised to hear they have no idea yet. The silence tells me we are going to have a problem. I hope I am wrong.
2020-10-18
Use props
XaleX
lvl.1

Germany

Of course it would be optimal if the polarity of the magnets is compatible. There is still a small hope that the diameter of the magnetic ring in the iPhone 12 is bigger than the one of the OM4 and that it can be placed in the middle without any negative effect. You can see the ring structure / size from the picture.

A corresponding statement from DJI would be great.

2020-10-19
Use props
KontiKonsumi
lvl.2

Germany

If this would work properly that would be awesome. Additionally it would be nice if DJI could invent a new magnet clamp for the Iphone 12.
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

camerabot Posted at 10-17 17:14

Hello there camerabot. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. Upon checking these mobile devices ( iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI OM 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not yet recommended for the said application. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPhone 12 Pro will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application and with the DJI OM4. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and with the said DJI Gimbal we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while in use. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM 4. Thank you.

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en2.pdf
2020-10-20
Use props
tverhaar
lvl.1

United States

I am deciding between Osmo 3 and 4 and also plan to upgrade to iPhone 12 Pro Max when it is available. Obviously, the real issue seems to be the MagSafe system of the iPhone and whether it is compatible with the magnetic attachment of the Osmo 4. AM I wrong in thinking that the Osmo magnetic holder (vs. the stick-on ring) would work OK? The only inconvenience being that you'd have to remove the holder after each use and possibly balance the phone when reattaching? Would really prefer the stronger motors of the Osmo 4. Hope this all gets worked out soon as I'd also like to get something immediately that I can use with my iPhone 11.  
I guess the safe thing to do would be to go with the Osmo 3 since it appears to be used in the film Apple produced and shot by Emmanuel Lubezki. Hmmm...
2020-10-21
Use props
MavicAir2Pilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318665 ft
Denmark

Hello there DRlib. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment the iPhone 12 max is not yet recommended for the DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo application but rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the DJI OM4 recommended mobile device list in the future. Thank you.

Is it possible to say when this will happen ? It's a very important question for all the Dji users buying the Iphone12 Pro

Regards
2020-10-22
Use props
allanworldrider.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567477 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm wondering that if the polarity of the magnets is compatible, why not just attach the iPhone 12 Pro directly to the magnet on the OM4 and bypass the need to use the bracket? Seems reasonable that the magnets  would be strong enough and you eliminate the need of a third magent on the bracket. Would be so simple, clean, and easy? Thoughts?
2020-10-22
Use props
col4bin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 86224 ft
United States

allanworldrider.com Posted at 10-22 10:49
I'm wondering that if the polarity of the magnets is compatible, why not just attach the iPhone 12 Pro directly to the magnet on the OM4 and bypass the need to use the bracket? Seems reasonable that the magnets  would be strong enough and you eliminate the need of a third magent on the bracket. Would be so simple, clean, and easy? Thoughts?

The lack of response from DJI tells me that the polarity is opposite and it will not work. I hope I am wrong  but this feels like a missed opportunity for proactive customer service.
2020-10-22
Use props
Cobesters
lvl.1
United States

I just bought the OM 4. The magnets are very strong, but on the side facing the phone, there is next to no force. Also, from what we can see so far with the 12 and the 12 pro, magsafe isn’t too strong either. I think we’ll be fine.
2020-10-22
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried to delete this duplication, but cannot figure out how to.

I just bought the OM 4. The magnets are very strong, but on the side facing the phone, there is next to no force. Also, from what we can see so far with the 12 and the 12 pro, magsafe isn’t too strong either. I think we’ll be fine.

2020-10-23
Use props
BobUnplugged
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1140502 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-10-23
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35013 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I just tested this and here are the results.
https://youtu.be/uw0PdQS5yio
2020-10-23
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

2020-10-23
Use props
djiuser_3GaMkgrj79r5
lvl.1

Australia

Just bought an om4 today. Has anyone tried the om4 clamp with an iPhone 12 pro? Do the MagSafe magnets interfere with the clamp attaching  to the om4 body magnet?  Thanks
2020-10-23
Use props
KontiKonsumi
lvl.2

Germany

fans640117b0 Posted at 10-23 18:41
So I just tested this and here are the results.

Thanks! I hope DJI will come with a fix soon
2020-10-23
Use props
fans640117b0
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

KontiKonsumi Posted at 10-23 21:13
Thanks! I hope DJI will come with a fix soon

I haven’t tested it with the actual clip on magnet. I’m going to even though it would have been nice to just slap the phone on it. Simplicity is what I need not extra parts to keep up with.
2020-10-24
Use props
scubatopy
lvl.1

Italy

tverhaar Posted at 10-21 09:17
I am deciding between Osmo 3 and 4 and also plan to upgrade to iPhone 12 Pro Max when it is available. Obviously, the real issue seems to be the MagSafe system of the iPhone and whether it is compatible with the magnetic attachment of the Osmo 4. AM I wrong in thinking that the Osmo magnetic holder (vs. the stick-on ring) would work OK? The only inconvenience being that you'd have to remove the holder after each use and possibly balance the phone when reattaching? Would really prefer the stronger motors of the Osmo 4. Hope this all gets worked out soon as I'd also like to get something immediately that I can use with my iPhone 11.  
I guess the safe thing to do would be to go with the Osmo 3 since it appears to be used in the film Apple produced and shot by Emmanuel Lubezki. Hmmm...

Magnetic lock is not the only issue with iphone 12's, if you don t need just to use it as a stabilizer.
The Mimo software should be compatible with Dolby Vision HDR, with night mode features, and obviously with 4k@60 fps .
2020-10-24
Use props
djiuser_u1i7YQQRN9IT
New

United States

Hi. - I just bought the OM 4 and the iPhone 12 Pro, without realizing the magnetic clamp is rounded to clamp on previous generation phones. The 12 has flat sides, so the clamp isn’t securely grabbing the device.

Is DJI working on a clamp to be sold separately and when would we be able to expect it? Thanks!
2020-10-24
Use props
linkjar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23839 ft
Canada

Now that iPhone 12 supports magnets, DJI should create a MagSafe compatible gimbal so no additional attachments is needed to put the phone on it. Otherwise, it simply adds weight to the gimbal.
2020-10-24
Use props
KontiKonsumi
lvl.2

Germany

fans640117b0 Posted at 10-24 03:13
I haven’t tested it with the actual clip on magnet. I’m going to even though it would have been nice to just slap the phone on it. Simplicity is what I need not extra parts to keep up with.

Totally Agree!!
2020-10-24
Use props
tverhaar
lvl.1

United States

scubatopy Posted at 10-24 13:31
Magnetic lock is not the only issue with iphone 12's, if you don t need just to use it as a stabilizer.
The Mimo software should be compatible with Dolby Vision HDR, with night mode features, and obviously with 4k@60 fps .

My intent is to use Filmic Pro which I am sure will be made compatible with the iPhone 12 Pro features. And, I really can't imagine that DJI will fail to upgrade the Mimo software as well.
2020-10-25
Use props
KennethS
lvl.1
United Kingdom

+1 for a request that an additional clamp be made available for iPhone 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max.
2020-10-26
Use props
road2ruin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_u1i7YQQRN9IT Posted at 10-24 17:44
Hi. - I just bought the OM 4 and the iPhone 12 Pro, without realizing the magnetic clamp is rounded to clamp on previous generation phones. The 12 has flat sides, so the clamp isn’t securely grabbing the device.

Is DJI working on a clamp to be sold separately and when would we be able to expect it? Thanks!

Same question has been asked a few times but so far it's the stock response from DJI's side i.e. we'll pass it on and let you know. As things stand my OM4 is completely useless with the iPhone 12 Pro as it's just not secure enough.
2020-10-26
Use props
RJ74
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

OM4 clamp is deigned for round edged phones, seems it doesn't secure the iPhone 12.
Has anyone tried the stick-on ring magnet on the iPhone 12? Does it repel the MagSafe? Does the ring stick on securely?
Is it a bad idea to attach an opposite polarity magnet to your iPhone 12 MagSafe.
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_bPyQHm0buibt
lvl.1

United States

I love the idea of the OM 4 with an iPhone 12 Pro Max (which I plan to buy). But I'm waiting for DJI to get its hardware and software updated... unless a competitor releases a better iphone 12 pro/gimbal solution.
2020-10-26
Use props
scubatopy
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_bPyQHm0buibt Posted at 10-26 17:29
I love the idea of the OM 4 with an iPhone 12 Pro Max (which I plan to buy). But I'm waiting for DJI to get its hardware and software updated... unless a competitor releases a better iphone 12 pro/gimbal solution.

Same viewpoint here.
I wrote to customer support, particularly referring to the compatibility issue with iPhone 12 Pro Max:
- on magnetic interlock
- on software compatibility , specifically referred to Dolby Vision HDR, night mode, ProRaw.
Obviously I will not buy the OM4 device before I am assured all the above are integrated.

BTW this was the answer by the support team

Your feedback is very much appreciated, Cesare. What we can do is collect all related feedback on relating to this concern and forwards them to our Developers as Customer Suggestion to further review as a case possible for the next firmware update/product enhancement.

Though we are unable to provide you an exact resolution time, we appreciate your suggestions that will help us improve our products. We urge you to constantly visit our link - www.dji.com for the latest updates on our technology and products.

Thank you for your understanding and for choosing DJI.
2020-10-27
Use props
Interpol
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37201 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem I see with mounting the iPhone 12 to the OM4 using Magsafe alone is that there is no way to make sure the phone is oriented correctly when it is mounted.  There is a reason why there's a notch on the magnetic clamp - it's not as simple as just slapping the phone on the OM4 and you're good to go.
2020-10-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules