dji2.png
dji3.png
2020-10-13
Use props
Alf_Skaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159567 ft
Norway

I didn't stay on the stream long enough to see this but the air unit have no power.
2020-10-13
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

Alf_Skaar Posted at 10-13 12:11
I didn't stay on the stream long enough to see this but the air unit have no power.

hahaha you're right!! and there's no way the footage they played from the drone was shot on an iphone. the whole thing is a marketing scam
2020-10-13
Use props
Alf_Skaar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 159567 ft
Norway

01:04:20 The DJI air unit have no power. 01:04:22

Wonder why they tuned the comment off. hahaha
2020-10-13
Use props
rayk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37562 ft
United States

Kreeze Posted at 10-13 12:13
hahaha you're right!! and there's no way the footage they played from the drone was shot on an iphone. the whole thing is a marketing scam

Good catch. I went back and watched the clip again. I am now wondering if the whole thing is faked. In particular this part at 1:04:23, where the drone is right in front of the camera while it is flying.
2020-10-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there rayk. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Great find and thank you for your support.
2020-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kreeze Posted at 10-13 12:13
hahaha you're right!! and there's no way the footage they played from the drone was shot on an iphone. the whole thing is a marketing scam

I honestly doubt they would fake it.
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting find
2020-10-14
Use props
SzczechzCzech
lvl.4
Flight distance : 708661 ft
Czechia

Explanation

2020-10-14
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

1) The pilot has the goggles off during start
2) The Top-Mount battery is suddenly bottom mount.
3) The crossfire antenna on the back left arm is gone on the quadcopter on the ground.
4) The pilot holds a DJI Transmitter but flies a quadcopter with a crossfire antenna (and therefor receiver)

The DJI representative on set must have slept throughout the shot. So many glitches.
I would never strap an 1000+$ iphone onto a quadcopter when a gopro or insta is so much more robust. I do not think the new iphone screen is that crash resistant.
2020-10-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Fake and dumb.
2020-10-14
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

While I do think the idea of using an iPhone to film using a drone is a bit silly, it is possible to film a drone using a camera mounted to the drone. There’s some poor editing choices that I think make the video look like it could be faked, but I don’t think it necessarily is. 3rd person view is clearly an action camera the the other could be from an iPhone. It does not have a wide angle like the other. It would have been difficult to get things framed right on the iPhone, but I think it was Johnny FPV that did the flying.

2020-10-21
Use props
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

Clearly they removed the boom that supported the 360 cam, so logical that the wires were also removed in the same process. I don't see why they'd want to fake that it was DJI. Was DJI referenced in any way or was it just a keen eye spotted the air unit?
2020-10-23
Use props
TROUBLEBIRD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1007172 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-13 22:30
Hello there rayk. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Great find and thank you for your support.

Can the IPhone 12 be used with the standard Mavic pro zoom remote without using any other attachments?
2020-11-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

TROUBLEBIRD Posted at 11-3 06:51
Can the IPhone 12 be used with the standard Mavic pro zoom remote without using any other attachments?

Hi there TROUBLEBIRD.  Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Upon checking the said mobile device ( iPhone 12 ) that you you want to use on your DJI Mavic Pro. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said DJI Drone. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPhone 12 will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet tested on the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Pro Thank you.

2020-11-5
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Expensive Crash
2020-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now