Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Common Solution to Gimbal and camera problems
1463 6 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dean
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

For mavic pro original and platinum.

Sometime last year i started experiancing erratic gimbal issues.Eventually the problem got so bad i could not really fly any more.

Due to financial constrains i was not able to send my drone away for repairs.
I was faced with a choice between selling a faulty drone or trying to repair it myself.

i learned that the gimbal ribbon cable is responsible for gimbal control - one kind repair person told me that this is what they would be replacing if i sent my drone in.

I ordered the part and replaced it myself. It was a bit of a task but after watching numerous yt videos on the subject i felt confident to proceed.
All worked out well and my gimbal was immediately in perfect working order again.

But then my camera stopped working at all. The app had only a black screen (no visuals and no functionality)
I then learned that the other cable, PTZ cable, is responsible for camera connections - so i replaced that too.

Immediately after replacement of these cables and ever since then my gimbal and camera has worked perfectly.

So my recomendation:
1. if u are experaincing gimbal motor over load and other crazy gimbal action issues is to consider the gimbal ribbon as a potential cause and to consider replacing that.
2. if u are experiancing camera issues like black screen etc that you consider the PTZ cable as a possible culprit and consider replacing that.

TIPS
1. be careful to NOT pinch the PTZ cable when clipping back the cover plates of the gimbal assemly
2. if you replace one of the cable you may as well replace both at the same time as they frequently seem to fault out at more or less the same time
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great tips Dean
2020-10-13
Use props
Dean
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

thanks aj - hope it helps some folks - seems to be a more commonly occuring error.
2020-10-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dean Posted at 10-13 21:00
thanks aj - hope it helps some folks - seems to be a more commonly occuring error.

I’m sure it will mate
2020-10-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice tips.
2020-10-14
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dean. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these recommendations and tips with regards to this matter. Great work and thank you for your valued support. .
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules