2880 8 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joolzay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1126562 ft
  • >>>
Australia

In the interest of connecting with other PSDK developers, I'm starting this thread.

Share what you're currently working on and if you need any help.

I'm working on connecting a Jetson Xavier NX to the X-Port attachment and have been struggling to follow the Quick Start guide. If anyone is in a similar position, please let me know.

Cheers

2020-10-13
Use props
willlies
lvl.1

United States

Hello! I'm working with a Skyport V2, M300 RTK, and a UDOO x86 Advanced Plus development board running Ubuntu 16.04.

I've also found the online documentation to be hard to follow, so thanks to Joolzay for starting this thread. At the moment, I'm dealing with a "Command async send error" (log file attached) that occurs during PsdkCore_Init(). I suspect a problem in the HAL or OSAL, but the error is difficult to track down since we don't have access to the initialization source code.

Will appreciate any suggestions, and I'm happy to share any/all details of my setup.

psdk_local_0001_20201029_11-07-10.log.zip

904 Bytes, Down times: 61

Log File

2020-10-29
Use props
willlies
lvl.1

United States

willlies Posted at 10-29 08:21
Hello! I'm working with a Skyport V2, M300 RTK, and a UDOO x86 Advanced Plus development board running Ubuntu 16.04.

I've also found the online documentation to be hard to follow, so thanks to Joolzay for starting this thread. At the moment, I'm dealing with a "Command async send error" (log file attached) that occurs during PsdkCore_Init(). I suspect a problem in the HAL or OSAL, but the error is difficult to track down since we don't have access to the initialization source code.

Update: I didn't have the payload "bound" in the DJI Assistant 2 desktop program. Doing that resolved the communication issue.

Now I'm working on creating a "custom widget" with the example "test_widget.c." Anybody have widgets working? Do you have to interface with MSDK or can everything be done from PSDK?

Good luck to the other PSDK developers out there!
-Will

2020-10-31
Use props
Thamke
lvl.1

Germany

willlies Posted at 10-31 07:14
Update: I didn't have the payload "bound" in the DJI Assistant 2 desktop program. Doing that resolved the communication issue.

Now I'm working on creating a "custom widget" with the example "test_widget.c." Anybody have widgets working? Do you have to interface with MSDK or can everything be done from PSDK?

I have the exact same output in my first test.

Within the Assistant 2 software I was able to bind the gimbal successfully after starting the application. But the log output keeps the same as the one you uploaded.

Do you maybe have a hint for me on how to get this up and running?

2020-11-2
Use props
willlies
lvl.1

United States

Thamke Posted at 11-2 08:01
I have the exact same output in my first test.

Within the Assistant 2 software I was able to bind the gimbal successfully after starting the application. But the log output keeps the same as the one you uploaded.

Hmm, the only other thing I did to get mine working is update the drone firmware. Maybe that will help in your case? Since your PsdkCore_Init() function is generating errors, I also suggest double-checking that the information in app_info.h is complete. My crude understanding is that PsdkCore_init() checks to make sure you're running an approved and registered payload.

Best,
Will
2020-11-3
Use props
Thamke
lvl.1

Germany

willlies Posted at 11-3 07:13
Hmm, the only other thing I did to get mine working is update the drone firmware. Maybe that will help in your case? Since your PsdkCore_Init() function is generating errors, I also suggest double-checking that the information in app_info.h is complete. My crude understanding is that PsdkCore_init() checks to make sure you're running an approved and registered payload.

Best,

I just got it working.

DJI support mentioned to me, that not every PSDK version is compatible with all Drone and X Port firmware versions. After updating the X Port firmware everything is working fine now :-)

More info on this is available here: https://developer.dji.com/document/19ca319f-9019-4ed6-a98b-e11c3bf3465e
2020-11-4
Use props
CHETI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9378232 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi, I'm wondering if it would be easy to power and control a servo drop unit via SDK?

I am also looking into powering a liquid pump that would require switching on and off.

Is this something realistically possible to develop?

Sorry for the novice questions, I am very new to all this.

Thanks
2020-12-15
Use props
djiuser_KtYl0gScr6EJ
lvl.1

Australia

I cannot even connect the aircraft to the PSDK at all, i just get the following printed over and over:

```
[0.000][core]-[Info]-[DjiCore_Init:92) Payload SDK Version : V3.2.0-beta.0-build.1539
[3.670][adapter]-[Info]-[DjiAccessAdapter_Init:145) Try identify UART0 connection failed. Probably because SDK adapter or aircraft not finish init or UART connect error.
```

Anyone seen this and know of a solution?
2023-2-6
Use props
djiuser_Cj1Vm0A3lSKs
lvl.1

Singapore

djiuser_KtYl0gScr6EJ Posted at 2-6 17:25
I cannot even connect the aircraft to the PSDK at all, i just get the following printed over and over:

```

Check if you connect your UART to drone TX/RX.
Check if you switched on your drone.
If it still occurs, wait until you get red color log and you can address the error.
2023-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules