Possible short with metal screws
930 3 2020-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theprisoner6666
lvl.3
Hong Kong

I seem to have a problem with my air unit camera. I use a carbon GEPRC HD5 frame, and when I connect the camera to the carbon frame using metal screws, it makes the motor behave really weird. They start to make a pulsing noise and act very eratic. However, when I unscrew the screws slightly, the issue stops. Has anyone else noticed this problem? It didn't do it when I used a Frsky XM+ connected to SBUS, it only started doing it since I moved to the DJI FPV controller and I started using SBUS into the FC via the original DJI cable harness. Is this a common issue and I should just use nylon screws? Or is there a bigger issue?

Thanks.
2020-10-13
Use props
Fritz Wlan
lvl.2

Germany

This is a known issue. Electrically isolate the camera from the frame. Use a non metal mount. The camera may not contact the carbon of the frame. When snug electrical tape and nylon screws are an option. Be sure to eliminate other gnd to frame short curcuits. Common issue are motor screws touching a winding of a motor or ESC pads touching the air unit. SMA connectors may not touch carbon.
The frame may have no contact to gnd at any point.
2020-10-13
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

I fly an Armattan Badger HD, and it has a metal camera mount and metal camera screws. I've never had a problem like you describe.

But if nylon screws made the problem go away, I think you just solved your problem!
2020-10-14
Use props
mc54
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Dupe
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules