5061 8 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Khydarin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 252395 ft
Canada

Hi,
My DJI air unit intermittently corrupts MP4 video files regardless of a crash landing or a normal landing. You can see below in the attached pictures all the VLC cone icons are corrupt files. What's causing this? Should I send my air unit in to be repaired since it's under warranty? I have tried recovering the files but they usually dont work out. I have lost too many precious footage at beautiful locations due to this error.

Pls help!

Untitled.png
2020-10-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Are you using a Sandisk EXTREME SD card?
2020-10-14
Use props
Khydarin
lvl.1
Canada

I'm using Samsung 64 EVO plus 64GB U3 for all my drones, the files do not corrupt on my Mavics, only when its used on the FPV air unit. Im assuming it's a power bug where when I disarm the video buffer somehow also stops and then causes the files to be incomplete. I tried using the headers and enders of reference videos to repair them but they just end up with tons of artifacts.
2020-10-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The air unit is very finicky about its SD Card.  

I suggest you try the Sandisk Extreme.  See the owners manual for other recommendations....
2020-10-14
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

You could corrupt the video files either when you crash and the battery disconnects, or you unplug the battery while its still recording. You might not be able to play or edit a corrupted video on a computer.

The easy fix is to put the SD card back into the goggles (or air unit), plug in the battery, wait about 10 to 15 seconds and then unplug it. The Air Unit will scan the SD card and fix any corrupted files. You can then put the SD card back in your computer and the file should be good.

To avoid corrupted video files, make sure you wait a few seconds after the recording has stopped before plugging battery.
2020-10-15
Use props
Khydarin
lvl.1
Canada

Actually i have tried putting the card right back into the air unit and leave it for 5 minutes with the power on but it's not fixed, i even tried putting in a mavic too haha. I haven't tried putting the air unit card into the DJI goggles though, hopefully that's the magical fix. I usually dont unplug the battery right away anyways since I have to walk over to the drone. That's why I was thinking it's a faulty air unit. Any thoughts?
2020-10-15
Use props
Marshal86
New
Flight distance : 253619 ft
Germany

I have the same problem, my video files of the air unit are damged or someting, Im using the sandisk extreme sd card. i will test it with another sd card. my mavic 2 air is working fine, no problems.

Update: Videos recorded with Goggles are fine, no corruption. The videos are automatically saved as .mov files and not as .mp4 files.
I put the SD card in the Goggles now and record my video files with it. Works fine.
Maybe one day a patch will solve the problem with the air unit...

Greetings
2021-6-11
Use props
djiuser_tMEYhoF8vild
New

Canada

I have a 2.71GB file that I can't seems to extact anything out of using the recover_mp4.exe tool.
The end of the file got corrupted after I pulled the battery while it was recording.

I've tried putting back the SD in the drone and headset, it's not even visible in the album menu.

Is there really nothing that can be read of that large file?

I had a large group of people get-together for a special shoot. I wouldn't have been trying so hard to fix it otherwise.

any advices would be greatly appreciated.

Ps: If there's a Auto-start record, maybe there should also be a Auto-stop record once it lands to avoid these things.
2021-7-29
Use props
Halifax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326949 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xviews Posted at 2020-10-15 04:45
You could corrupt the video files either when you crash and the battery disconnects, or you unplug the battery while its still recording. You might not be able to play or edit a corrupted video on a computer.

The easy fix is to put the SD card back into the goggles (or air unit), plug in the battery, wait about 10 to 15 seconds and then unplug it. The Air Unit will scan the SD card and fix any corrupted files. You can then put the SD card back in your computer and the file should be good.

I know that this is an old thread but I wanted to verify that Xview's solution has worked for me every single time I have this problem, including today. Thanks, Xview!
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules