Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RSC 2 vs. Ronin-SC Comparison: What’s New?
22329 39 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Are you ready to compare DJI RSC 2 to Ronin-SC? Let’s dive straight in and discover out all the major differences between these two DJI gimbals.

RSC2 VS RSC.jpg
DJI RSC 2 is a new DJI camera gimbal, offering the next evolution of the groundbreaking DJI Ronin-SC. In this DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC comparison, we will guide you through both DJI gimbal products, helping you choose the right one for you.

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Specs

First, let’s start by comparing DJI RSC 2 specs to Ronin-SC. In the table below, you can get a side-by-side comparison of some of the key parameters of this DJI camera gimbal and its predecessor.

DJI RSC 2 Ronin-SC
Weight 1.3 kg 1.1 kg
Tested payload (reference value) 3.0 kg 2.0 kg
Size Storage mode: 260×210×75 mm (including the handle)

Standing: 400×185×175 mm (including the handle and without the Extended Grip/Tripod)
Storage mode: 220×200×75 mm (including the handle)
Standing: 370×165×150 mm (including the handle and without the Extended Grip/Tripod)
Battery life 14 hours 11 hours
Charging time* Approx. 2 hours to fully charge with 18W fast charging (when PD and QC 2.0 fast charging protocols are supported) 2.5 h (5V/2A)

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Design

While DJI RSC 2 looks strikingly similar to Ronin-SC, there are some major design differences when you compare both DJI gimbals. The two most notable DJI RSC 2 design upgrades are DJI RSC 2’s ability to be folded, and a new 1-inch OLED screen. The DJI RSC 2 overall design has improved, providing a more user-friendly gimbal.

Hela开箱.jpg

DJI RSC 2: Foldable, with Six Configurations

DJI RSC 2 introduces a foldable design for the first time to the Ronin gimbal line, and it can be configured in six different ways: upright, underslung, briefcase, flashlight, portrait, and storage. The configurations not only allow for more versatile shooting scenarios and creative angles, but also keep the device more compact for easy storage and transportation. This is a big DJI RSC 2 upgrade that’s ideal for individual content creators that need a lightweight and portable gimbal.

camera gimbal foldable.jpg

DJI RSC 2: 1-Inch OLED Screen

Another standout new DJI RSC 2 feature is the 1-inch OLED screen, which can be used to control functions and parameters of the device and mounted camera. This means users are no longer limited to using the Ronin app on their mobile phones while also trying to film with the device. The OLED screen makes the entire filmmaking experience more streamlined.
camera gimbal in-built screen.jpg

DJI RSC 2: More Ergonomic

Subtle improvements in design mean DJI RSC 2 is more ergonomic and comfortable to use than DJI Ronin-SC. These improvements include axis locks and D-ring camera screws for fast, tool-free setup, and adjustments to button locations to make them more accessible during operation.

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Max Supported Payload

The original DJI Ronin-SC delivered a 1.1kg weight and 2kg max tested payload when it was released. While the DJI RSC 2 weight has increased slightly to 1.2 kg, the max tested payload of 3 kg enables the use of larger, more advanced and professional setups like a Panasonic S1H with 24-70mm lens.

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Stabilization

Stabilization is easily the most essential feature of DJI Ronin products as it’s the backbone of gimbal devices, allowing users to get smooth footage for professional-level results. And while 3-axis stabilization has been the major key to this, DJI has also come a long way with additional technology. DJI RSC 2 features the new Titan Stabilization Algorithm, offering substantial improvements compared to Ronin-SC.

camera gimbal titan stabilization algorithm .jpg

A new feature that DJI Ronin-SC does not support is SuperSmooth mode, which can be activated for an additional level of stabilization. This feature compensates for micromovements and increases torque to stabilize even 100mm zoom lenses. (Note: SuperSmooth mode requires a lens fastening strap.)

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Features

At this stage, we’ve identified the improved design features and stabilization of DJI RSC 2, but what about new and upgraded features?

DJI RSC 2: ActiveTrack 3.0

DJI RSC 2 offers ActiveTrack 3.0, DJI’s most advanced tracking technology yet, featuring advanced algorithms for more sophisticated tracking. If you’re interested in filming high-speed action on the go, DJI RSC 2 is your best bet.
camera gimbal activetrack.jpg

DJI RSC 2: RavenEye

The new RavenEye Image Transmission System of DJI RSC 2 gives operators a simplified way to get remote amera viewing and parameter control. This system transmits 1080p video, allows gimbal parameter adjustment, and even camera setting changes from up to 200 m away with a latency of just 60 ms. RavenEye also allows ActiveTrack 3.0 to be used directly from the camera signal, without the need for a smartphone.
RavenEye.jpg

DJI RSC 2: Quick Switch to Vertical Shooting

DJI RSC 2 introduces a new feature that allows operators to instantly switch to portrait mode. This is a huge benefit for those working on social media content and other creative applications that require portrait shooting.
camera gimbal vertical shooting 2.jpg

DJI RSC 2: Improved Battery Performance

The DJI RSC 2 battery has a max runtime of 14 hours and supports fast charging. That’s a three-hour improvement over Ronin-SC’s 11-hour runtime.

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Accessories

DJI RSC 2: NATO-Compatible

DJI RSC 2 doesn’t have an RSA port, however, it is NATO-compatible, opening it up to a universe of third-party accessories and versatile handling and mounting possibilities. DJI Ronin-SC has an RSA port but no NATO, which is a big factor to consider for content creators that are looking for the freedom to customize their setups.

DJI RSC 2: Lightweight Carrying Case

DJI RSC 2 comes with upgraded packaging, giving users a smaller, lightweight carrying case. This redesigned case has a splash-proof body with dedicated compartments for all RSC 2 parts and is small enough to take along anywhere.
Carrying Case.jpg

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Camera Compatibility

Both DJI gimbal products are compatible with a wide variety of cameras. A full list of compatible cameras is available here.

DJI RSC 2 vs Ronin-SC: Which One Should You Get?

DJI Ronin-SC is still one of the best portable camera gimbals on the market. However, with impressive upgrades like a foldable design, a 1-inch OLED screen, and added stabilization technologies such as the Titan Stabilization Algorithm and SuperSmooth mode, DJI RSC 2 takes handheld content creation to another level. If you’re looking for an advanced filmmaking gimbal that is ultra-versatile, portable, and delivers amazing results, DJI RSC 2 is a significant upgrade compared to the original DJI Ronin-SC.

2020-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice info!
2020-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why the difference in names?
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great release - thanks for sharing
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser010101
lvl.3
Malta

Interesting, but would be nice to know what's the difference between the RSC 2 and the old Ronin S.
2020-10-15
Use props
Galfar
lvl.1

Spain

The RSC 2 has the same ActiveTrack 3.0 as the RS 2? or do we need the phone to use it?We need the raveneye for this feature right?
2020-10-15
Use props
GoldenSun
lvl.4
Poland

New versions coming out all the time! Love the folding capability.
2020-10-15
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Really nice!
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Peter. Thank you for the reply and for the valued support. In addition to this I will post links where in you can learn more about the DJI RS2 and the DJI RSC2. Thank you.

DJI RS2 ( https://www.dji.com/rs-2?site=brandsite&from=nav )
DJI RSC2 ( https://www.dji.com/rsc-2?site=brandsite&from=nav )
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

Great inforamtion

Best Washing Machinehttps://www.geohomecorfu.com/2020/07/best-washing-machine.html https://www.geohomecorfu.com/2020/07/best-washing-machine.html
2020-10-15
Use props
Governjob
lvl.1

India

GReat What a Comparision
2020-10-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-15 21:58
Hello there Peter. Thank you for the reply and for the valued support. In addition to this I will post links where in you can learn more about the DJI RS2 and the DJI RSC2. Thank you.

DJI RS2 ( https://www.dji.com/rs-2?site=brandsite&from=nav )

Thanks. I looked through the compatibility lists. No D750 so far.
2020-10-15
Use props
deedee12345
lvl.2

Netherlands

has the panorama bug been solved with the updates? where the last picture is almost identical to the first, making stitching very difficult?
2020-10-15
Use props
Scarves UP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

2020-10-17
Use props
SEANBOMBZ
New

United States

Can I charge RS2 with MacBook Pro 2020 charger?
2020-10-19
Use props
idgibb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United States

I question whether or not I made the right decision. The RS 2 looked too good to pass up and should arrive from Guangzhou later this week. I can't wait to incorporate it into my vlogs. Do you know if the SC 2 has the ability to activate active track without using a phone? Not having to use your phone at all for this would be a huge convenience for my run and gun vlogs.

Great post.
Cheers.
Ian.
2020-10-19
Use props
idgibb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49518 ft
United States

Galfar Posted at 10-15 06:01
The RSC 2 has the same ActiveTrack 3.0 as the RS 2? or do we need the phone to use it?We need the raveneye for this feature right?

Hi Galfar,

The article mentions that the SC2 doesn't need a phone but to what extent I am not sure. I know that It uses the image from the camera for active track unlike the last iteration where the phone's camera was doing the tracking and transmitting that information to the gimbal. However, It isn't clear to me if we need to use our phones to enable active track or if we can select our target directly from the gimbal. All I know is that the phone is less important but to what extent....I am not sure.

Cheers
Ian.
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Montfrooij Posted at 10-15 22:56
Thanks. I looked through the compatibility lists. No D750 so far.

Hi there Peter. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple cameras to be added on the recommended list in the future. Again, thank you for your support and safe always. .
2020-10-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-19 20:38
Hi there Peter. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple cameras to be added on the recommended list in the future. Again, thank you for your support and safe always.  .

Thanks for that.
I have no complaints if you don't. The D750 is already quite old (but I love it)
Make note that the moment you add D750 support, you will at least have 1 extra customer (ME)
2020-10-19
Use props
TJS123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366873 ft
United States

I just took my RS2 out for the first time, 100% charged 45degrees so cold but not too cold. The battery was at 50% in 2hrs. The first hr was only timelapse which would use much less battery life. Anyone else have these issues?
2020-10-22
Use props
fansa6208f2d
New
Germany

Leider finde ich in der aktuellen Kompatibilitätsliste für den Ronin RSC 2 die Sony RX10 IV nicht mehr. Auf der entsprechenden Seite des Ronin SC ist sie noch aufgeführt. Kann ich davon ausgehen, dass der neue DJI Gimbal RSC 2 mit der Sony RX10 IV dennoch kompatibel ist? Besten Dank für die Hilfe.
2020-10-23
Use props
fanseb108f20
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I just received my RSC2 a few days ago and I am unable to get forced mobile to work, the virtual joy stick works fine.  I am using an android Samsung Note 8 phone and it worked really well with my Ronin SC.  

Has anyone else experienced this issue, is there a known fix?

Thanks,

Krashum
2020-10-28
Use props
djiuser_E331EbMhNDdT
New

Switzerland

Hello, will RS2 be compatible with Fujifilm GFX soon?
2020-11-5
Use props
fansd7a7062f
New

United States

Hi. Guys. Any sony a7c users here. Help us submit a camera compatibility request to dji. Currently the new sony a7c is not compatible to the dji rs2 and rsc2. The new sony a7c is the smallest full frame camera right now. An a7iii in a APSc body. It is a video 1st camera with flip out screen. It is perfect. For the rs2 specially the rsc2.
2020-11-5
Use props
CaniBoy7
lvl.1

Germany

I have a Question. The RSC 2 is compatible with the Canon EOS 200D and the EOS 800D. Now there are better versions from the same product line. The EOS 250D and the EOS 850D. Are they also compatible or don‘t work with the gimbal?
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_j27deChff7l9
New

Switzerland

I have one question, can you use the Sony A7 III with the Sony 90mm f/2.8 Macro OSS lens with the DJI RSC2? I mean I know from the weight it would be possible, but is it possible from the lenght and dimensions of this camera + lens combination or should I buy the RS 2?
2020-11-10
Use props
djiuser_pt9F3BU6fm4o
New

Pakistan

DJI RSC 2 features the new Titan Stabilization Algorithm, offering substantial improvements compared to Ronin-SC. A new feature that DJI Ronin-SC does not support is SuperSmooth mode, which can be activated for an additional level of stabilization.

2020-11-10
Use props
Hentschke Keramik
New
Germany

Hi there!
On the compatibility list it says that the RSC 2 supports th Canon 80 D /  90 D with several "heavier" canon lenses.
Does it also manage the 80D / 90 D with the about 900g heavy Sigma 18-35 mm Art?
Or is the RS2 the best choice for this setup?
2020-11-11
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing the comparison! Well laid out.  
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_Bg5dx4taDBLx
lvl.1
United States

Any ETA on a firmware update for the RSC 2/Raveneye to work with the new Fujifilm X-S10?  I have all three of you need hands-on testing. Unfortunately the X-T4/USB-C method doesn’t work with the X-S10 (the X-S10 just reboots repeatedly while connected to the RSC 2 via USB-C) and the DJI Fuji cable uses a 2.5mm plug while the X-S10 has a 3.5mm remote jack.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_CXzy9NIi68tL
New

Germany

The app for the Ronin RSC2 does not work on current hardware. A connection to the gimbal is not possible. Hands off for Android users. The app is 4 years old and does not work. The gimbal cannot be used without the APP and is therefore electronic waste.

2020-12-15
Use props
Bachantouris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29462 ft
Greece

A big question . these nice new gimbal have a great feauter, the ability to almost foul remote control the camera on gimbal through the application when it is connected via reveneye trasmiter but it can not  zoom and unzoom while the same gimbal can do it  if the lens is electronic. why not ?
2020-12-22
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

idgibb Posted at 10-19 17:43
Hi Galfar,

The article mentions that the SC2 doesn't need a phone but to what extent I am not sure. I know that It uses the image from the camera for active track unlike the last iteration where the phone's camera was doing the tracking and transmitting that information to the gimbal. However, It isn't clear to me if we need to use our phones to enable active track or if we can select our target directly from the gimbal. All I know is that the phone is less important but to what extent....I am not sure.

Hi Ian:

I had similar question before purchasing an RS 2.  The use of Active Track without a phone is not well documented by DJI.
For an RSC 2 you will need RavenEye.   Active Track can be initiated without the phone by pressing the trigger once.  Trigger activation of active track is good for things that have a head and shoulders, e.g. people, animals, vehicles, etc.  Does not work so well on non-moving, inanimate objects.  For example, if you want to orbit around a lamp.  Using the trigger to activate active track is unreliable.  For these objects you will most likely need to have your mobile device if using the RSC 2.

If you want to go entirely phone free for about the same amount of weight and about $170 more, get the RS 2.  This has a touch screen that will allow you to select any object.  Because of this, I ended up purchasing an RS 2.  

The disadvantage of using a lite weight mirrorless camera (I use an X-T3) on an RS 2 is that camera is more cantileaved away from the gimbal.  This make it a more difficult to carry the same weight as the RSC 2--the camera is closer to the gimbal on an RSC 2.  My workaround has been to mount the RS 2 on a short monopod with foldable legs.  This allows me to place my hands futher apart to better control the weight.

Hope you find this helpful.

Don

2020-12-22
Use props
djiuser_AHeBxswzXm4f
New
Sweden

I have been trying to figure out this problem I have and wonder if someone could help me. I use the rsc2 with the sony a6300. And the problem is that I can’t get the image transmition to work on the phone while having the Raven eye plugged into the gimbal, if I have, the phone screen turns black.
It works if the Raven eye is not connected to the gimbal but then I can only record to the phone itself via the app and not to the memory card.
I really need help guys!
2020-12-29
Use props
fans29b0e829
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

Have some requests for the Ronin app. I would like to be able to change camera settings (shutter and ISO) between shots during a time-lapse. To do this properly, I would also like to be able to have a small window showing the HDMI output of the camera so that during the image review period after a frame is shot, I can see the histogram. I use the Ronin app on an iPad Pro.

Ultimately the killer feature here would be to implement an Auto Holy Grail time lapse capability, but can do it manually if you implement the request above.

Thanks...

Glenn
2021-1-2
Use props
James G
New
United States

Definitely like the design of the RSC2. Best i have seen yet. I do have a question about the battery? What are my options down the road when the battery begins to fail. I currently have the MOZA and the batteries are just starting to lose capacity so i ordered replacements. If the battery loses capacity is the gimbal done? Can we have it refurbished? Thanks for the great designs.
2021-1-12
Use props
Giampiero Buonsante
New

Italy

buongiorno ..Vorrei comprendere perchè il mio dj ronin sc non mi crea i file delle immagini fotografica scattate con la Sony alpha 6000 in modalità panoramica..Da cosa dipende?
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_oFzzAu6vr2sO
New

United States

Hi there, could anyone recommend the best way to mount a SC2 on a tripod that wouldn't break the bank?
2021-2-13
Use props
profdada
New

South Africa

Pure SSD Chemical And Activation Powder in South Africa +27735257866 Zambia,Zimbabwe,Botswana,Lesotho,Swaziland,Somalia,Namibia,Qatar,Egypt,UAE,USA,UK,Turkey,Hong Kong,DRC,China,Ethiopia,Eritrea,Sudan,Morocco,Brunei,Japan,Algeria,Thailand,Tunisia,Kenya,Spain,Italy,Tanzania,The Bahamas,Taiwan,Indonesia,Singapore,Czech Republic,Serbia,Palau,Lithuania,Malaysia,Myanmar,Kuwait,Fiji,Jordan,Yemen,Bahrain,Philippines...Ssd frequent solution humine powder caltrox oxide tiatamorine Ssd solution,Vectrol paste ssd answer ,Ssd popular answer . conservation activation and re-activation paracient powder vectrol paste zuta s4 automated money developer machines congeal chemical melting equipment’s temperature co our laboratory is a multi-program international laboratory operated with the aid of global technological know-how buddies for the branch of foreign money (document). we have approximately two hundred expert scientists staffs engineers technicians aid staffs and over one thousand guest researchers yearly.   https://paparazaq.blogspot.com   http://bestssdchemicalsolution.over-blog.com
Call Or Whatsapp On +27735257866
Email: sheikhmbuga5@gmail.com
Web: http://mbugassdsolution.website2.me
2021-2-19
Use props
djiuser_fp1KsU2HRzLH
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I keep getting the 'lens! not valid with this lens' pop up error on my sony a7siii when using it with the dji rsc 2 and Sigma 24-70 2.8 DG Art lens. Is there anyway to correct this? I'm using the correct cable and latest firmware for the RSC 2 and Sony A7siii. Hoping you can help?
2021-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules