Brand new Mavic 2 zoom issues
1406 18 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

HI there.

I am starting to get a bit stressed. My wife purchased a new Mavic 2 zoom while i was working away and it has been in my lounge for 3 weeks until today when I opened it for the first time.

I have managed to update the firmware on drone and controller and also cailibrate it but these are the issues I have with my brand new Mavic straight out of the box mavic.

1. There is no activation prompt on the Go 4 app and yet it says it has been less than 48 hours since you activated Mavic 2. You can still purchase DJI care refresh.
2. On startup the gimbal does not do it's self test routine and is just loose and easily movable.
3. When you go into the app the overall status reads Activate aircraft and restart
4. In the aircraft status screen it reads Gimbal disconnected
5. in the same screen it states no internal storage found
6. Also on same screen it does not detect my scandisk extreme pro 64gb card

I am severly disappointed can someone please help. As I said this is brand new out the box so not been crashed or anything. I was looking forward to flying it this weekend but now I can't until these issues are resolved.

Drone serial No is 0M6CH69R0A0WVS

Please help

2020-10-14
Use props
Jitsin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3914 ft
United States

Where did you purchase it from? If its amazon, get a refund. If its DJI, open a ticket and provide details and ask for a replacement or return
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Dear customer, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble with the activation. To activate the drone, please ensure the network of your phone is great, or please try another network. Which smart phone did you use to activate? Any chance to have a try with another phone? Try Android phone you've already tried iOS and vice versa.
2020-10-14
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-14 19:22
Dear customer, we are sincerely sorry for the trouble with the activation. To activate the drone, please ensure the network of your phone is great, or please try another network. Which smart phone did you use to activate? Any chance to have a try with another phone? Try Android phone you've already tried iOS and vice versa.

I have used a iPhone X for the activation. I can’t understand how this will be an issue. As on the app it is saying it has been less than 48 hours since activation so I can still purchase refresh. So it seems to think it’s been activated but obviously not. I want refresh but not until these issues are sorted but am afraid I’m going to run out of time.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-14 21:09
I have used a iPhone X for the activation. I can’t understand how this will be an issue. As on the app it is saying it has been less than 48 hours since activation so I can still purchase refresh. So it seems to think it’s been activated but obviously not. I want refresh but not until these issues are sorted but am afraid I’m going to run out of time.

Per checking DJI system, the drone was not activated, please have a try with my suggestion on 3#. If there is no luck, the drone will need to be sent back for diagnosis, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send back at your most convenience, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-10-14
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-14 23:26
Per checking DJI system, the drone was not activated, please have a try with my suggestion on 3#. If there is no luck, the drone will need to be sent back for diagnosis, please start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send back at your most convenience, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I really am disappointed that I may have to send this back. Is there anyway the app could be reconfigured to start with activate as it always goes to go fly. Can I factory reset or something? I cannot find a way to activate the aircraft otherwise. The app is telling me it’s been activated on the opening screen but within the status screen I have to activate and restart the aircraft.
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-15 03:09
I really am disappointed that I may have to send this back. Is there anyway the app could be reconfigured to start with activate as it always goes to go fly. Can I factory reset or something? I cannot find a way to activate the aircraft otherwise. The app is telling me it’s been activated on the opening screen but within the status screen I have to activate and restart the aircraft.

This is never the experience we want you to have with our product, you may connect to DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware and try again, otherwise, the aircraft must be sent back for the evaluation.
2020-10-15
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good morning. I will indeed try to reset this on Sunday evening when I return home. If I do not manage to sort this out I will start the repair ticket and send it back for repair. Thank you for your understanding in my disappointment and frustration on this happening with a brand new out of the box  aircraft.
2020-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-16 01:33
Good morning. I will indeed try to reset this on Sunday evening when I return home. If I do not manage to sort this out I will start the repair ticket and send it back for repair. Thank you for your understanding in my disappointment and frustration on this happening with a brand new out of the box  aircraft.

Got it. You're most welcome. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-10-17
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good evening I have tried to reset with DJI Assistant and also a different phone to see if it was my phone that was the problem but sadly not the case so I will pack it up and return for diagnostic as per your link above. I really hope this can be sorted soon and returned to me.
2020-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-18 03:20
Good evening I have tried to reset with DJI Assistant and also a different phone to see if it was my phone that was the problem but sadly not the case so I will pack it up and return for diagnostic as per your link above. I really hope this can be sorted soon and returned to me.

Our repair center will help get it solved when it arrives. Please keep us updated with the case number if you need any assistance during this process.
2020-10-18
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good morning I am currently waiting for the return slip to be emailed to me. The case no is CAS-5284040-C1Z3Z4.

I hope to have this today or tomorrow and will get it away to you soonest.

Can you confirm that the shipping address is indeed in the Netherlands for the return from UK?

Cheers for your help.
EF0D74B4-D6DA-43AB-B53A-7459EB964226.jpeg
2020-10-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-19 01:28
Good morning I am currently waiting for the return slip to be emailed to me. The case no is CAS-5284040-C1Z3Z4.

I hope to have this today or tomorrow and will get it away to you soonest.

The shipping address is correct, and the shipping label will also be sent to you very soon if your address is qualified for it, appreciate your patience.
2020-10-19
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good afternoon. Just for info my drone is on the way and been collected by UPS I have boxed it really well and also with bubble wrap inside to ensure safe travel. How long would you think a diagnostic and potential repair may take? I know it may be hard to judge, I’m only asking as you may have come across this issue before.
E53EE1E2-CCFA-4898-9D57-0D3D4570E3A2.jpeg
2020-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-21 05:19
Good afternoon. Just for info my drone is on the way and been collected by UPS I have boxed it really well and also with bubble wrap inside to ensure safe travel. How long would you think a diagnostic and potential repair may take? I know it may be hard to judge, I’m only asking as you may have come across this issue before.

The overall repair time of your product will be 5-7 working days after the drone is received. But it could be delayed during the pandemic, appreciate your understanding and patience.
2020-10-21
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good afternoon. According to the UPS app my drone was delivered this morning to your facility. Please can you confirm so I can put my mind at rest for the weekend. I’m probably being over cautious but it is a lot of money to lose so just want to keep track of the situation.
2020-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 10-23 05:36
Good afternoon. According to the UPS app my drone was delivered this morning to your facility. Please can you confirm so I can put my mind at rest for the weekend. I’m probably being over cautious but it is a lot of money to lose so just want to keep track of the situation.

Yes, the package has been delivered and it is waiting to be registered in our system, we will send you an email notification once it is checked-in, no worries, enjoy your weekend.
2020-10-23
Use props
Flying Fusilier
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good afternoon. I just want to add that I have received my M2 Zoom back after repairs and have finally conducted my maiden flight. Can I thank you for your help and understanding for my problem and the free repair you conducted for approx £493. Considering this was fresh out the box in rather surprised at this level of damage but DJI came through and sorted it out. Many thanks again and I look forward to many more flights to come.
2020-11-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Flying Fusilier Posted at 11-4 05:30
Good afternoon. I just want to add that I have received my M2 Zoom back after repairs and have finally conducted my maiden flight. Can I thank you for your help and understanding for my problem and the free repair you conducted for approx £493. Considering this was fresh out the box in rather surprised at this level of damage but DJI came through and sorted it out. Many thanks again and I look forward to many more flights to come.

Thank you for your update, it is great that all is well now. Hope you have great time flying, safe flying!
2020-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules