Drone Crashed Into water by itself
3323 7 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jitsin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3914 ft
United States

I am trying to get some help here to get to the bottom of the issue of my drone which crashed into water and i was not able to recover it. I was doing a normal flight and the shot i was taking started up high with a descent moving forward (Pretty standard). I finished the shot and drone came to a still, i then rotated the camera 180 to point backwards and it suddenly spiralling out of control moving right and crashed into the water. I tried my level best to stop it going down but it didnt work.

Flight Logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/6E6V27EH1PZL1XY8MMNZ

I am sure the logs will show that this was not my fault and even though i have DJI Care Protect i cannot have my warrantly claimed because i was not able to recover the drone. I would like the logs to be reviewed and isued a replacement.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jitsin, we are very sorry for your loss, even though DJI Care Refresh doesn't cover the loss of the drone, if the drone is still in warranty period, the data analysis can still be applied and we will provide the proper resolution according to the data analysis result. Please contact DJI Support Team in working hours to start a ticket: www.dji.com/support
2020-10-14
Use props
djiuser_L8gyxfZQvXGD
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

I recently bought the DJI mavic Air 2 from Greece and for some reason APAS system is not shown on the screen at when I flight the drone and I can't activate it. Neither does the phone charge feature. Can you please advise me with this matter and help me fixing it please? Thank you
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_L8gyxfZQvXGD Posted at 10-14 23:20
Hi,

I recently bought the DJI mavic Air 2 from Greece and for some reason APAS system is not shown on the screen at when I flight the drone and I can't activate it. Neither does the phone charge feature. Can you please advise me with this matter and help me fixing it please? Thank you

I've just replied in your own thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=226691 Please keep us updated there if you need further assistance.
2020-10-14
Use props
LIP
New

Guam

My Mini found the ocean yesterday after it went into a "Forced-Landing" mode 45 seconds into my sunset flight. Under near perfect flight conditions (clear skies, no wind or weather), I took off, rotated about 180° and did a fly-away from the beach to about 250' out over the water. Upon returning, I panned left about 90° for video of the beach and I then received a "High Wind Warning" then immediately after that, a "Props Rotating Too Fast" warning. the drone entered forced landing mode and was completely unresponsive to my controls. Even RTH would not work. The result - splashdown 65' offshore. Am returning in a few minutes to the scene of the crime to see if I can recover the drone... why? Not sure as I'm sure the drone is toast being in saltwater overnight. Maybe the SD card and the props are salvageable. And I was thinking of upgrading to the MM2. Not sure now.
2021-1-23
Use props
LIP
New

Guam

Similar thing happened to me yesterday (1-23-2021). Splashdown!
2021-1-23
Use props
djiuser_G1oBSmWdZwMr
New

Brazil

The same happened with me yesterday. Perfect conditions, low wind and suddenly it started to fly by itself and spinning till the ocean. Had no time to do anything!
2021-1-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_G1oBSmWdZwMr Posted at 1-31 04:16
The same happened with me yesterday. Perfect conditions, low wind and suddenly it started to fly by itself and spinning till the ocean. Had no time to do anything!

We are so sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2021-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules