OM4 with Galaxy Note 20 Ultra?
13587 17 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Geekmedic 231
New

United States

I have searched and don't see any threads about compatibility with the Note 20 Ultra.  Is the phone too heavy for the gimbal, or are there any compatibility problems with the phone itself?  I would like to purchase the OM4 but want to make sure I'm not getting something that won't work with my phone first.  Thanks for your responses.
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Geekmedic 231. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ) that you want to use for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4  and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en2.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-10-14
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

I saw a review for OM4 and note20 ultra I believe it was peach  something (sorry) she was just using the Note in the gimbal. DJI with their drone Fly app with some firmware updates android phone/products were given complete ability. It's the same story how more Android users change over to iso products out there. When I hear and see there are More functions for Samsung / Android devices I'll be next in line or push the order button.
I use a SG 9+ but first of the year Note 20 Ultra if (please, please) Note 21
2020-10-20
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Here's the reviewer I mention for the note and  OM4
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_emIVoYm49nyJ
New

South Africa

DJI Stephen Posted at 10-14 20:58
Hello there Geekmedic 231. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ) that you want to use for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4  and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf ). Thank you.

It seems that DJI has something against Samsung and Android.  There were issues with the drones as well.

I have an Samsung A71, which is similar to the A50.  It is quite light, but I see even the A50 does not have front camera support.

DJI, any reason why?
2020-11-22
Use props
Smaxta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9944 ft
United States

I have Note20 Ultra and it works fine with OM4, no worries. You need to balance it properly, as any phone and good to go
2020-11-25
Use props
jatomaki
lvl.2
Netherlands

Smaxta Posted at 11-25 15:25
I have Note20 Ultra and it works fine with OM4, no worries. You need to balance it properly, as any phone and good to go

Can you put a video online of the operation of your OM4 with Note 20 ultra, because I have heard so many people who say that this does not work.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_UENaiXwwM8Le
New
Hong Kong

I'm using OSMO 4 with Note20 Ultra.  Just a problem that I could not use the shutter button to control original samsung camera app.
2020-11-30
Use props
Dangerousdavekincaid
lvl.2
Flight distance : 177841 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_UENaiXwwM8Le Posted at 2020-11-30 17:45
I'm using OSMO 4 with Note20 Ultra.  Just a problem that I could not use the shutter button to control original samsung camera app.

You probably already know this by now but you have to sign out of the Mimo app in Bluetooth then you can use shutter.
2021-1-8
Use props
BlakeBritton76
lvl.1
Flight distance : 866 ft
United Kingdom

Will the Note 20 Ultra work with a case on it with the OM4 or does it need to be a bare phone?
2021-1-13
Use props
djiuser_fRDYFMY0ORbH
lvl.1

Slovenia

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
it's not in support list for DJI om 4 can be this solved with new Firmware and update app?
2021-1-21
Use props
fans51a720d5
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-10-14 20:58
Hello there Geekmedic 231. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given us. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ) that you want to use for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said gimbal and with the said application. DJI would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4  and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 4. For reference, I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI%20OM%204/DJI_OM_4_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en2.pdf ). Thank you.

Is there any news on whether the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G will ever be compatible with the DJI Mimo app and DJI OM4 gimbal? I just bought the OM4 and didn't know there was an issue, but I can't do time lapse
2021-2-22
Use props
fans51a720d5
New

United States

Smaxta Posted at 2020-11-25 15:25

Do your time lapse videos play back correctly? I can set up my note 20 Ultra 5G on the OM4 and take a great motion time lapse video but it does not play back properly on the phone...
2021-2-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans51a720d5 Posted at 2-22 17:16
Is there any news on whether the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G will ever be compatible with the DJI Mimo app and DJI OM4 gimbal? I just bought the OM4 and didn't know there was an issue, but I can't do time lapse

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G will be compatible with the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo  application in the future. Thank you.
2021-2-23
Use props
djiuser_mFomNjb1U0Fv
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-23 21:23
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given. As of the moment we do not have any information when will the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G will be compatible with the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for different DJI OM4 and for the DJI Mimo  application in the future. Thank you.

There is literally a link to a pdf in the dji website that says its conpatible with both the latest samsung phones. note 20 and the s20. No mention of s21 though. It also says they are capable of 4k30, which doesnt show up on the app?
2021-2-26
Use props
Boufa
New

United States

Turns out it was a Samsung issue... upgraded my Note 20 Ultra to One UI 3.1 (regular push update from my carrier), and 4K30 is back, as well as 1080/30 on the front lens.
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_sCF3lORMeC2y
New

United Kingdom

Hi. I have a note 20 ultra. I am just wondering if the OM5 has more compatibility with the phone. Or is it just the same compatibility as the OM4? Thank you
2021-9-15
Use props
djiuser_kvtKoWwJTV81
New

France

DJI Mimo application does not start any longer (again) on Note 20 Ultra, after last updates.
Tried with last version downloaded from DJI web site and it crashes at startup (tried also to clear all data).
2022-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules