Gimbal pointing to -6° when moving forward in sports mode.
339 4 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BaNaKeen
lvl.1

United States

I have searched the manuals and see nothing about this as a safety precaution so, as stated in the title my Mavic Mini gimbal has been jumping to -6° upon moving forward at anything more than a crawl in sports mode. P mode and C mode have no effect on the gimbal regardless of how fast the drone is moving. It will not change if hovering in s mode, it will also jump to exactly -6° regardless of initial starting point as long as the starting point is higher (-5° through 20°) but will not change if it is below -6°. I could understand this being a safety precaution because you want to see where you're going if you're in sport mode, but I just haven't seen this mentioned before and was wondering if something is potentially wrong with mine.
2020-10-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I think given the pitch the drone takes when in sports mode the gimble will tend to move
2020-10-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yep, it's to compensate for the pitch angle of the drone though the last update on the MA2 stopped this from happening but perhaps it's not possible for the Mini.
2020-10-14
Use props
BaNaKeen
lvl.1

United States

OK if you guys say it's supposed to happen I'm not worried. I guess the -6 is pretty close to matching the pitch angle and going to +20 with a full forward pitch angle in s mode could be bad for the gimbal motors.
2020-10-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you saying that you have tried it with the upward gimbal rotation enabled? In sport mode there may not be enough range to keep it level at the 30 degree pitch.
2020-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules