RS2 Launch!
3303 16 2020-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Now2021
New

Russia

So what did you guys think of the new DJI RS2? It looks absolutely great and has tons of new features. I'm looking forward to how the screen makes filming easier and am also curious as to how the new mounting options will make shooting more versatile. I'm excited to get more info about it and I'm guessing most of you guys are too!
rs-arm.jpeg

2020-10-14
Use props
gsphotography
lvl.1

United States

Anyone know how you would use the RavenEye and be able to record on an external monitor like Atomos Ninja V, since there's only one hdmi port on most cameras?
2020-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Now2021. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this interesting informtion about the new DJI RS2..  Thank you for your valued support and keep on filming. .
2020-10-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great update!
Hope they add D750 support.
2020-10-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loving the carbon fibre.  
2020-10-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing
2020-10-15
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I canceled my RSC2 pre-order and went full boat on a RS2 pro kit that B&H had in stock...this is my first gimbal, woot!
2020-10-15
Use props
jkc107
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

gsphotography Posted at 10-14 20:56
Anyone know how you would use the RavenEye and be able to record on an external monitor like Atomos Ninja V, since there's only one hdmi port on most cameras?

I was thinking the same thing. I shoot exclusively on the Ninja V for all my shoots. One workaround I'm thinking of is connecting the camera to the Ninja V and then using the HDMI out on the Ninja V to connect to the RavenEye system. That probably means either running 2 HDMI cables to the gimbal from the monitor or mounting the RavenEye system closer to the Ninja V itself. My plan is to mount it on my Ninja V Smallrig cage since I'd rather not have 2 cables straining the gimbal. 1 is bad enough already.
2020-10-15
Use props
gsphotography
lvl.1

United States

jkc107 Posted at 10-15 22:41
I was thinking the same thing. I shoot exclusively on the Ninja V for all my shoots. One workaround I'm thinking of is connecting the camera to the Ninja V and then using the HDMI out on the Ninja V to connect to the RavenEye system. That probably means either running 2 HDMI cables to the gimbal from the monitor or mounting the RavenEye system closer to the Ninja V itself. My plan is to mount it on my Ninja V Smallrig cage since I'd rather not have 2 cables straining the gimbal. 1 is bad enough already.

I don't mind the extra wires, but would this actually work? Can the raven eye work without it being directly connected to the camera, and instead connected to the ninja v via hdmi out?  
2020-10-18
Use props
jkc107
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

gsphotography Posted at 10-14 20:56
Anyone know how you would use the RavenEye and be able to record on an external monitor like Atomos Ninja V, since there's only one hdmi port on most cameras?

Just tested it. It works. I connected the RavenEye underneath the camera like on the website. Then I connected an HDMI cable from the camera to the Ninja V and connected another HDMI from the Ninja V HDMI out to RavenEye. Activetrack was good to go.
2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KS-6 Posted at 10-15 10:19
I canceled my RSC2 pre-order and went full boat on a RS2 pro kit that B&H had in stock...this is my first gimbal, woot!

Many congrats
2020-10-23
Use props
djiuser_GaRqgk6g7Ozc
New

United States

Question I have is the opposite. I want no HDMI cable going from my RS2-Mounted camera to the switcher I'm using (stationary setup). Was thinking that if the Raveneye can link via wifi to camera monitor, and that can output to the switcher, then I'll have the feed with no cables.  (But there's nothing out there I've found about raveneye going to anything other than the DJI smartphone app.)
2020-10-26
Use props
oblivie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891598 ft
  • >>>
United States

jkc107 Posted at 10-22 00:56
Just tested it. It works. I connected the RavenEye underneath the camera like on the website. Then I connected an HDMI cable from the camera to the Ninja V and connected another HDMI from the Ninja V HDMI out to RavenEye. Activetrack was good to go.

Can you post a pic of the cables.... the raven eye is working on my cable configuration, but I can’t seem to get it to charge off the rs2
2020-10-28
Use props
fansc0370a5c
lvl.1
United States

I just bought the rs2 without the raveneye. I'm using a sony a7iii with it. I just want to use my atamos shinobi monitor but when I have the rss cable plugged into the camera's usb-c port and an hdmi cable from the camera to the shinobi, there is a signal going to the shinobi but just a black screen. When I don't use the rss cable, the shinobi works just fine but then of course, I can't use the focus wheel or record button on the gimbal. Very annoying. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix for it?
2020-11-2
Use props
fansc0370a5c
lvl.1
United States

any help would be appreciated
2020-11-2
Use props
ronariel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 182336 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

fansc0370a5c Posted at 11-2 19:10
I just bought the rs2 without the raveneye. I'm using a sony a7iii with it. I just want to use my atamos shinobi monitor but when I have the rss cable plugged into the camera's usb-c port and an hdmi cable from the camera to the shinobi, there is a signal going to the shinobi but just a black screen. When I don't use the rss cable, the shinobi works just fine but then of course, I can't use the focus wheel or record button on the gimbal. Very annoying. Anyone else having this issue or know a fix for it?

This is a limitation of a7iii . Don't use the usb-c port instead use the micro usb multiport for sony.
2020-11-16
Use props
fans18c35705
lvl.1
United States

jkc107 Posted at 2020-10-15 22:41

Did this work?
2021-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules