Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Ronin RSC2 no Canon M6 Mark II supported?
3422 18 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fungoid
New

Italy

Dear Dji,
It's true? At launch the new Ronin RSC2 does not support Canon M6 Mark II ?
Are there any plans to make this Ronin compatible with Canon M6 Mark II ?
2020-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fungoid, RSC2 is not in the compatibility list at the moment, your need will be forwarded to our engineers for consideration. We will keep optimizing our product according to customers' request.
2020-10-15
Use props
Ime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57677 ft
Italy

Al momento questo è l'elenco:
https://www.dji.com/it/support/compatibility?from=enbbs
2020-10-15
Use props
Fungoid
New

Italy

Thak you @DJI Mindy
But considering the Canon M50 is on the list, I thought the M6 Mark ii was included considering it is a better performing camera.
And now I have already pre-ordered the RSC2 :-(
I hope the M6 Mark II can be implemented soon.
2020-10-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is very odd not supporting the canon camera?
2020-10-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fungoid Posted at 10-15 08:20
Thak you @DJI Mindy
But considering the Canon M50 is on the list, I thought the M6 Mark ii was included considering it is a better performing camera.
And now I have already pre-ordered the RSC2 :-(

Fingers crossed on a FW update
2020-10-16
Use props
Fungoid
New

Italy

yes I really hope so!
Especially now that the new cameras between canon, fuji and nikon have come out.
Hope Canon M6 Mark ii will be included in the next firmware update.
2020-10-16
Use props
Maburrows
New

United Kingdom

I do hope the Canon M6 mk2 is added along with the 7dmk2 otherwise I am going to have to cancel my pre-order
2020-10-20
Use props
djiuser_mo6X6qI4ZvFN
New

United States

Has anyone been able to try this? I'm wondering if the list doesn't include the M6 Mark II because of an issue with the screen tilting (on the M6 MkII) instead of swiveling out to the right (like on the M50). That wouldn't explain why it shows the M6MkII as working with the Ronin-SC, so maybe I'm wrong. Otherwise, I can't think of any notable differences that would cause an issue between the two models.
2020-11-30
Use props
djiuser_ThJ6hqlGQvY2

Germany

Good day to all, is there any update regarding the compatibility of the M6 Mark II? Did anybody try it already? Would love to Get the RSC2.....

Best regards,

Sack
2021-1-21
Use props
sack_fu

Germany

Good day again, sorry for pushing, last try:

Has anybody made experiences with the RSC 2 and the M6 mark ii?
Maybe it can take over the settings from the M50...?

Is there a plan to get the M6 Mark ii to the compatibility list?
I sent a request via official channel to DJI yesterday.

Need a gimbal pretty soon and otherwise I would need to get a Moza (which is actually my 2nd choice, but RSC 2 does not make sense yet of course...).

Best regards,

Sack
2021-1-22
Use props
Migas
lvl.1

Portugal

Hi,

Looking forward to see Canon M6 Mark II in DJI RSC2 compatibility list.
Thanks
2021-1-25
Use props
JerryFranky
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I really hope that SC2 can support M6 MarkII soon.
2021-1-29
Use props
sack_fu

Germany

Hi to all,
I have heard from someone in the youtube comments that he is using the RSC 2 with the M6 Mark II and it's working smoothly.
Can anybody confirm this/share his/her experiences?
Just because it's not supported officially it doesn't mean that it's not compatible. DJI says that it might not have been tested yet. But maybe the interface/config for the M6 mk II is simlar to other compatible camereas from Canon, like the M50....?
Anybody?
2021-1-31
Use props
sack_fu

Germany

Got it! Yesterday I received my RSC 2 Pro Combo and used IT with my M6 Mark II. I tested
- Connection of Gimbal and Camera only (without Raveneye), control camera via Gimbal directly (rec on/off, ISO, aperture, etc.) -> works great!
- Connection extended with Raveneye and App -> works great! Autotracking, control via virtual Joystick, App features, etc.
But what nearly brought me to tears:
- Cabeling setup and configuration of the Raveneye: I dont know how many tries I needed to get this working, the manual is not really helpfull and IT was just trial and error till I got the correct cables to the related Inputs..........
- The Android App (or maybe its my Smartphone): Getting the Raveneye connected via WLAN to my mobile was a pain, it was lost and found and it took some time to get the connection stable.....

Please note that the cable HDMI mini to HDMI micro as delivered is not suitable for the M6 as the HDMI output of the M6 is on the right side, but the configuration is planned
2021-2-4
Use props
sack_fu

Germany

for cameras with output on the left. I ordered a 90° angle cable which should work, with the original cable there is probably limitation in the full range of motion of the tilt axes for 360° shots.
2021-2-4
Use props
sack_fu

Germany

Update: the 90° cable is working smoothly!

Furthermore here have been updates today for the firmware of the Raveneye, firmware of the gimbal and an App update. I have the feeling that the devices now connect so much better to my smartphone than before, Nice!
2021-2-5
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi sack_fu or others.
Did you manage to have the RavenEye working with the M6ii in Stand Alone mode (no gimbal) ?
Mine works only for the HDMI video, I don't have the SC2 gimbal, but I can't control the camera from the Ronin app as the manual say i could by connecting the camera to the RSS port.

If you can, could you please tell me how ?
Can you change Aperture, ISO, etc and trigger from the App in stand alone mode?
Thanks in advance.
2022-10-30
Use props
ro_walker
Second Officer
Brazil

Very frustrating!
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules