RS2 + BMPCC4K
7500 6 2020-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans076e06e0
lvl.2
Germany

Hey there

Can anyone of the early birds maybe test how the BMPCC4K balances in the RS2?

Thank you!
2020-10-15
Use props
John Ricard
lvl.1
United States

Yes, this is extremely important.  And considering how poorly the camera balanced on the Ronin S, you would think DJI would have gone out of their way to show that the camera balances properly on the RS2.
2020-10-16
Use props
TerACrew
lvl.1
Finland

Yes, this would be extremely important, I want to buy the RS2, but will not do so before I know how it works with BMPCC4K.

Especially I would like to understand if the camera will fit into the quick release base with a Smallrig cage on...since there seems to be no place where the proper dimensions are described, like the distance between the arm and the base (which I understand can not be adjusted)......so will my camera fit into the gimbal without taking the cage off?
2020-10-19
Use props
adrianzaharia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Hi guys. The Bmpcc 4k and 6k work great on the RS2 BUT when mounted with a cage and a heavy(er) lens like 16-35/2.8L it needs counterweights. Works without them but falls in some angles. I saw this on a dude's RS2 and I don't think I will buy one...go for the Crane 3S guys if you want cinema cameras...even the smaller Bmpcc4k/6k.
2020-10-29
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the BMPCC 6K, Sigma 18-35 f/1.8 and it works like a champ.

2020-11-1
Use props
bcharleson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 521811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must also note that I have had this rigged up WITH a full cage on as well, but the Arca Swiss mount had to be offset to the side just a little and rolled back (which means you'll have to put on a heavier lens or matte box to counter), but it was still all clamped down and properly set up. I have just opted to go with the SmallRig small top plate to cut down on unnecessary weight.
2020-11-1
Use props
ZAHA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Got mine yesterday. The non combo version. Yeah...it works with the BMPCC 6K fullcage and 16-35/2.8L...but I have the same problem that I had with the Ronin S...MOTIONLAPSE!!!!! It is not 100% fluent motion...it jerks, jumps frames...exactly the same problem as the Ronin S had in motionlapse. WTF  DJI?!?!?!!?? This one is more expensive and does the same ...?! C'MON! Fix it with a firmware! I use it with my EOS R for motionlapse/timelapse.
2020-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules